HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc on the team 990 today 8:45

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2010, 11:32 AM
  #26
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Like I care what Leblanc's last name is.

GP: 69 G 50 A 53 -> Alexandre Giroux
GP: 76 G 31 A 54 -> Corey Locke

Guess, what ? Neither of these players are NHLers and chances are they never will amount to anything in the NHL.

I guess they're quite the great player, though ? D'oh, Montréal traded Locke away. Well, gee whiz, I guess the habs really messed up in dealing away a potential superstar in Corey Locke, eh ? Not to mention, Giroux was a UFA this year and we didn't sign him. Dang. How could we miss out on two studs like that.Oh well, we still have Brock Trotter, who will be a stud in the NHL. Right ?
Dude the guy is 22 and has improved every year he has played he has almost doubled his number of goals every year ! It was a mistake by them not signing him, but we will see, he will be back, when PG realizes he made a mistake. You base your nice comment about me on me thinking B Trotter is a solid hockey player, Really ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:38 AM
  #27
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
He isn't? 36 goals, 77 points in 75 games is no good ? I wonder what Leblanc would do in Hamilton ? I would be willing to bet you that Leblanc couldn't have a season like that in the AHL at 22 !

And the only reason half of you are defending Leblanc is because of his last name. Most of you don't even have a clue who the guy is. So give it a rest.
Defending Leblanc? How the heck would anybody "defend" or "blast" a 2009 draft prospect? Why would you anyway? Is it ALSO because of his last name? You're really blasting people saying how they don't know who he is but based your "analysis" on 1 development camp practice?

Who cares if he does better or worst at 22 than what Trotter did? Does points in the AHL ALWAYS means more success in the NHL? How many players were able to dominate in juniors and in the AHL and never were able to convert this?

Not saying Trotter will never be able but using points to determine if a player will succeed or not is just as "special" as thinking that a player will bust based on 1 practice.

I've seen at least 5 games from him in Harvard. I'll be able to see a whole lot of games this year from him. So I'll really reserve my judgment on how great he is going to be a litte later on. Again, how the heck would other 1st round picks have to benefit of the doubt 4 years after they've been acquired but we can't give 2 years to Leblanc before calling him a bust?

Totally possible that Kreider, Moore, Schneider, Erixon or Caron becomes better and/or more valuable. But CLEARLY the difference right now is that even if the others chosen after becomes great hockey players, Leblanc has in him to become a good one. Good overall instincts, do not back down from anyone, a hockey player that not only has the skills but the drive to succeed.

But let's call him a bust 1 year after he's been chosen and based on one single practice.....OF A DEVELOPMENT CAMP. Not even a rookie camp or a real camp where you're confronted to real hockey situations, where you are indeed asked to pushed as hard as you can so you'd impress the brass to move on. A development camp is not about that.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
  #28
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Yes, i know this and you are right in midget AAA he was the man, no doubt. I don't understand how a player who is suppose to be so dominant, had such lousy stats in what could be called an average Ivy league ? My opinion is way different then some of yours, thank goodness could you imagine how boring this planet would be if we all agreed on everything ?
Well yeah, leading his team in points and being by far the best player when he's 18 and playing with 23 years old can certainly be considered "lousy".

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:49 AM
  #29
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
Well yeah, leading his team in points and being by far the best player when he's 18 and playing with 23 years old can certainly be considered "lousy".
And especially IF he would have watched those games, how much of those chances he created that his linemates weren't able to convert because of how ahead of the play he often was.

Pretty sure that can't be his fault either.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:51 AM
  #30
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,603
vCash: 1000
Well, being the wise and consumate pro hockey evaluator, i cant say that i can judge him in just a game or two in the juniors.

So tell you what: i reserve my opinion after ive seen him play all his junior and 4 to 5 years in the NHL and then i'll be able to assess and evaluate the player and tell you if he'll be any good.

One cant be too hasty.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
  #31
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Dude the guy is 22 and has improved every year he has played he has almost doubled his number of goals every year ! It was a mistake by them not signing him, but we will see, he will be back, when PG realizes he made a mistake. You base your nice comment about me on me thinking B Trotter is a solid hockey player, Really ?
He might be solid for the A, but he won't be in the NHL.

Seen him for like 5 minutes in the NHL, seen him in the A, so no, I'm not just basing this off what you said just to go against you.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
  #32
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Yes, i know this and you are right in midget AAA he was the man, no doubt. I don't understand how a player who is suppose to be so dominant, had such lousy stats in what could be called an average Ivy league ? My opinion is way different then some of yours, thank goodness could you imagine how boring this planet would be if we all agreed on everything ?
I don't think the problem is a difference of opinions, but how you formed yours and the eloquence of your argument. Your judging him based on stats while playing on a poor team (of which he was the leading scorer as a freshman) and one day at a rookie practice. You can't rely on stats in lower level leagues to judge a player, there are to many variables (like quality of line-mates, team playing style and ice-time) that interfere with them. Its kind of how my dad decided he didn't like Markov because he saw him get a delay of game penalty one game. Obviously after he saw him more, he realized he was wrong. How about lets not judge him now and when people will see him more with the juniors we can either bemoan the selection of him or hail him as the next Flying Frenchman, m'kay?

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:03 PM
  #33
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
I don't think the problem is a difference of opinions, but how you formed yours and the eloquence of your argument. Your judging him based on stats while playing on a poor team (of which he was the leading scorer as a freshman) and one day at a rookie practice. You can't rely on stats in lower level leagues to judge a player, there are to many variables (like quality of line-mates, team playing style and ice-time) that interfere with them. Its kind of how my dad decided he didn't like Markov because he saw him get a delay of game penalty one game. Obviously after he saw him more, he realized he was wrong. How about lets not judge him now and when people will see him more with the juniors we can either bemoan the selection of him or hail him as the next Flying Frenchman, m'kay?
It's funny you say that, because i believe that others here including yourself have already come up with your own judgement, albeit the opposite of mine.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:18 PM
  #34
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Hopefully he becomes our Mike Richards! Any way to hear the interview online?

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:27 PM
  #35
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
there ain't no party like a loo-e leblanc party

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:33 PM
  #36
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
It's funny you say that, because i believe that others here including yourself have already come up with your own judgement, albeit the opposite of mine.
in a redo draft of last year he went up 2 spots, so he cant be that bad?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 12:44 PM
  #37
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,798
vCash: 50
Seems like when it comes to french prospects. There's those who hype them cuz of the name, and those who hate the hype and in turn, hate the player/name. It's a stupid cycle. Leblanc is a legit prospect, I suppose because he gets a lot of publicity because he's french, many get annoyed and say he's not all that great. He probably isn't 'great' but he's a legit prospect, i'm very glad to have a guy of his character and skill in our prospect pool.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
  #38
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
No one here knows how Leblanc will turn out in the nHL, if he makes it. And debates based on his name or language are retarded.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
  #39
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,911
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I just think he's a Francophone, so I don't judge, cause sometimes my French isn't as good as it should be.
You'd be right to assume. But I'm assuming you're not from Montreal? Kirkland is on the West Island which is a predominantly english, upper-middle class area. I have a good friend who's cousins know Louis personally, and I'm pretty sure he was brought up in the english school system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Yes, i know this and you are right in midget AAA he was the man, no doubt. I don't understand how a player who is suppose to be so dominant, had such lousy stats in what could be called an average Ivy league ? My opinion is way different then some of yours, thank goodness could you imagine how boring this planet would be if we all agreed on everything ?
Well, he's 18-19 playing on a crap team against players who are in their 20s. You can have all the talent in the world, but look at John Tavares. Crap Team, great talent, but struggled against more experienced, older players.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
  #40
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,798
vCash: 50
In other news, anyone got a guess for his stats in the Q this year?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
  #41
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
In other news, anyone got a guess for his stats in the Q this year?
28 G 41 A= 69 pts. Many jumping from the J-C Bridge !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:15 PM
  #42
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,911
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
In other news, anyone got a guess for his stats in the Q this year?
I too was thinking of this.

I see Louis not as a offensive dynamo, but more of a solid two way player with good offence. I'm going to say
37-55=93pts. While that looks like a lot, and he will be in the top bunch for scoring, he won't lead the league.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:27 PM
  #43
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Yes, his English is quite good but he studied at Harvard so it was expected. Ill tell you one thing; he knows how to talk while sounding good but saying nothing. He will have no problems whatsoever with the media this one. But the guys interviewing him did most of the talking... very unprofessional.
He's fully bilingual. It has little/nothing to do with Harvard.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
  #44
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,798
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
I too was thinking of this.

I see Louis not as a offensive dynamo, but more of a solid two way player with good offence. I'm going to say
37-55=93pts. While that looks like a lot, and he will be in the top bunch for scoring, he won't lead the league.
I think that's a little high to be honest. Looking at last year's Q stats, only 4 people had 93 or more points. Only 9 people had 37 or more goals. That's some high end producing company IMO. I'd go around the 80-86 point range.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
  #45
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,898
vCash: 500
no more personal attacks. Disagreement is not trolling, and even if it was attacking someone for it is also clearly against the rules.

If you can't play nice, it's probably a good idea just to leave the thread alone. If you can't do that, you may find yourself removed by force.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:39 PM
  #46
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Yes, his English is quite good but he studied at Harvard so it was expected. Ill tell you one thing; he knows how to talk while sounding good but saying nothing. He will have no problems whatsoever with the media this one. But the guys interviewing him did most of the talking... very unprofessional.
I don't know a single person my between my age and his who doesn't speak good English out here in the west island, first language or second. That's probably why, he's from Pointe-Claire so...

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:40 PM
  #47
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
You'd be right to assume. But I'm assuming you're not from Montreal? Kirkland is on the West Island which is a predominantly english, upper-middle class area. I have a good friend who's cousins know Louis personally, and I'm pretty sure he was brought up in the english school system.
Yeah Louis went to Kuper Academy, AKA rich anglo white boy school

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
  #48
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I don't know a single person my between my age and his who doesn't speak good English out here in the west island, first language or second. That's probably why, he's from Pointe-Claire so...
Same. He's from Kirkland though, lives right next to the Colisée.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 04:54 PM
  #49
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
He isn't? 36 goals, 77 points in 75 games is no good ? I wonder what Leblanc would do in Hamilton ? I would be willing to bet you that Leblanc couldn't have a season like that in the AHL at 22 !

And the only reason half of you are defending Leblanc is because of his last name. Most of you don't even have a clue who the guy is. So give it a rest.
And the only reason you attack him are his stats...

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  #50
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I am waiting for you to tell me where you saw this phenom ? Take a trip to Harvard ? Please you guys only listen to the oh so terrific french media. And yes, i can actually judge skill by watching a hockey player, during a hockey camp ! This is what i do, during the winter.

You know, all the guys on the Habs said Metropolit had amazing skills in practice and that he would school any of them at ball hockey. If you saw Metro have an amazing practice, I bet you'd say he'd be a great player as well.

Game situations are different pal...just because you do something during the winter, does not mean you do it well

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.