HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Chuck Weber named Amerks Head Coach

Old
07-27-2010, 05:39 AM
PattyLaLa16

vCash: 500
Chuck Weber named Amerks Head Coach

On the way up the ladder of life, it's often not what you know but who you know.

In Chuck Weber's case, it was both what and who he knows that earned him the job as Rochester Americans' coach.

The Amerks and NHL parent Florida Panthers will introduce the 37-year-old as the organization's American Hockey League coach this afternoon at a news conference at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...heir-new-coach

PattyLaLa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:11 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
He's got a great record in the ECHL. Hopefully he can make it happen in Rochester.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Gudbranson44

what i was hoping for..

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Any thoughts from Amerks fans? Any thoughts about them retaining the assistant coach Cipolla?

Hopefully this all works out for the best. Also adding a goaltender coach (for Markstrom) shouldn't hurt.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Any thoughts from Amerks fans? Any thoughts about them retaining the assistant coach Cipolla?

Hopefully this all works out for the best. Also adding a goaltender coach (for Markstrom) shouldn't hurt.

-ghoste
Isn't Tallas a "Goaltending Consultant" or something so he can work a lot with the guys in Rochester too?

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Isn't Tallas a "Goaltending Consultant" or something so he can work a lot with the guys in Rochester too?
That's what I thought. But reading from the article, perhaps they just want a full-time goaltending coach down there and Tallas can just visit from time-to-time.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
That's what I thought. But reading from the article, perhaps they just want a full-time goaltending coach down there and Tallas can just visit from time-to-time.

-ghoste
They certainly need a full time goalie coach down there after Salak's phenomenal meltdown mid-season. A goalie coach could have helped him work on his technique so he could recover his form and learn some new tricks during the season.

07-27-2010, 11:20 AM
frito

From a Cincinnati Cyclones fan I offer congratulations to Chuck, the Amerks & the Panthers. Chuck has definitely earned his shot as a head coach in the AHL. He has proven he can bring the most out of any type of roster. The 2008 champtionship was the Cyclones to lose. You know, the type San Jose, the Captials etc. seem to blow every year. He had a dream team and was able to keep them focused, not get over confident and keep an eye on the prize.

This year's champtionship team was completely different. They really weren't expected to get beyond the first round, or two tops. A week before the Flyers pulled it off, my beloved Cyclones came from a 3-0 deficit to win the best of seven series. This was a hard fought and earned championship. I wish Chuck and the Amerks nothing but tremendous success. You got a keeper there.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
habs fan here, we really wanted chuck as our head coach for hamilton.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Cyclones Rock

Another Cyclones fan here. (My username my have tipped most of you guys off!!)

Your gain is our loss. Weber is a gem. The big surprise is that wasn't promoted into the AHL two years ago. Anyone who has had contact with him and has watched his teams closely know what a special talent he is.

Frito's post spells out the tale of the two Championship teams very well. The only thing that I might add is that the first Championship team almost lost in the second round and Weber was able to motivate that team out of a perilous situation. He seems to not only know what buttons to push, but how to push them.

I had a few things I didn't like about his strategy, but he's the one who has two Kelly Cup rings to my zero

The Amerks/Panthers made a great decision this week. They won't regret it.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 09:30 AM
keithLGA

Quote:
A lot of fans disagree with me, but Cipolla is a great assistant coach. Are there better? I'm sure, but he works hard and gets along great with the players. I watch a lot of morning practices (Amerks and visiting teams) and he's one of the most active of any assistants.

Also, adding a full time goalie coach is needed. Too often at practices the goalies are left to do things on their own. Tallas only visited three times last season and that's not enough time to offer any real help.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote