Dal - Bos

Old
07-29-2010, 06:59 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Dal - Bos

Bruins fan here. And before I go any further I have to start by saying these are not my proposals. They were brought up by other Bruins fans that like to make up one sided proposals that don't make much sense. So to finally show some of them how ridiculous some of the proposals they've conjured up are I decided to share them with the people that obviously know more about the Stars than they do. Also it helps me stop their incessant rantings on the Stars players and Organization they obviously know little about. Help me out here people.

Proposal 1
To Bos:
Dal 1st in 2011

To Dal:
Micheal Ryder
Zach Hamill
Bos 1st in 2011

Proposal 2
To Bos:
James Neal
Prospect

To Dal:
Blake Wheeler
Micheal Ryder
Tor 1st in 2011

Proposal 3
To Bos:
Louie Ericksson

To Dallas:
David Krejci
Blake Wheeler

Remember I said these were relatively dumb proposals but they can't see past anything Black and Gold. Just looking for your input, what you think, feel free to counter offer, but mostly just tell me why you would or would not do each one so I can get these guys in our boards to just stop being 's. Thanks Guys.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

1. can't take cap dumps
2. can't take cap dumps
3. can't trade eriksson as much as I love Krejci

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:14 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
No to all 3

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:21 AM
vofty

I appreciate your effort to bring logical thinking back to those making the proposals. I would say JC91 summed it up pretty nicely.

Ownership is broke and until it is resolved Dallas would be looking to shed some salary, not taking other teams salary dumps. Also in regards to trading Dallas' 1st next year if the Stars are as bad as many project and they are in contention for a lottery pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Stars make a move to try to get Larsson in the #1 overall spot (if the Stars aren't already there), trading that pick for a late round 1st doesn't really help that.

Dallas is deep at center and not going to trade their best winger for yet another C. The only forward position that Dallas could use some help in are right shot RW, and even though Wheeler helps with that his value isn't exactly high right now. Richards or Ribeiro would be moved out way before a young, great 2-way forward signed to a great contract. Even then Richards/Ribs would most likely be the centerpiece for a trade involving a good PMD. On the Stars roster Loui is as untouchable as they get followed by Benn.

Last edited by vofty: 07-29-2010 at 08:31 AM.
vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Thanks guys. Fell free to go find the thread on the Boston page and let them know because it truly is a waste of space thread considering how bad of trade partners we make.

We're at the cap and you're at your internal cap.

We both have RFA's left to sign.

Both in need of a true PMD.

I don't get how they don't seem to grasp these concepts over there but until a Dallas fan says something I don't think they're going to get it. Thanks again.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Loui in proposals is a non-starter. Don't want any part of Ryder. Although I must admit the Toronto 1st in 2011 is interesting.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:48 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
It's interesting, but I really can't see Toronto finishing as poorly as they did this past year. Burke's manic quick-fixes may not be the best long-term strategy, but they ought to keep them out of the basement. Though Toronto's pick + ours might be enough to get us 1st overall...

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
If you want to look at a hypothetical ..... let's say Dallas' new owner increases the payroll enough to accommodate Michael Ryder's $4 million salary. What would Boston add for Dallas to take him? I don't really want to see another trade involving Neal and Eriksson for him because that's just not realistic. I'm not expecting you to say Toronto's first either because that's not realistic.

Ryder is in a contract year, scored 18 goals last season, and 27 goals the previous season. Depending on the included asset and what Dallas had to give up, Ryder could be a better option on Ribeiro's wing than Brunnstrom. I want Bruno to get a chance, but I want Ribs to have the best chance to succeed too. I know he likes a left and right shot.

Neal-Richards-Eriksson
Morrow-Ribeiro-Ryder
Ott-Benn-Burish

I know Joe (and Heika's comments about what's going on with the team) keeps saying Benn will stay at center so I just went with Benn as the 3rd line center. Dallas would now have 2 righties in the Top 9.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Wheeler and Ryder had a combined GVT of 4.4 last year .... and they played a full 164 games between them. That's mind-numbingly terrible. I can see why they're trade bait.

That's basically equivalent to the contributions of Segal and Wandell for us, who only played a combined 69 games.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
txomisc

if dallas had money and the prospect wasn't one of our top ones id be all over proposal 2.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Depending on the included asset and what Dallas had to give up, Ryder could be a better option on Ribeiro's wing than Brunnstrom.
I like the idea of a fairly productive right shot on the second line RW, but at 4M, Ryder isn't great value and among the top 5 most painful in the league to watch. He's Kessel without wheels or hockey sense. You know exactly what he's going to do, and there is no way he fits on a puck possession line.

I proposed a 2011 swap of Richards for Krejci on the 'value of David Krejci' thread recently. This would be after Sturm and Ryder are off the books and Richards hopefully has a smaller salary. The NTC would ruin it, but Boston could use someone capable of running a PP since they ranked 23rd this year and their best performer put up 17 points. I guess it could all change statistically in one years time, but I thought it was decent value if Boston's in win now mode, and I'd love to see a decade of Neal-Krejci-Eriksson, the most responsible young hard ass top line in hockey.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2010, 04:27 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
if we weren't in money issues I jump on 1 and 2 like there is no tomorrow, especially the second one. I wouldn't want to give up Loui in that third one though. Oh well none of them are going to happen from Dallas perspective and situation and even probably Bostons too

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 04:54 AM
ScubaSteve*

1. no
2. Hell yes
3. no

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
JesusNPucks