HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Battle of the Bulge/General Fitness

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
At how many posts do we open a new thread? I forget the # it takes before they close a thread.

Old
08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Just came back from GNC,

bought Nutra Sea Omega-3 supps + GNC's Mega men Sport Multivitamins + GNC'S Mass XXX

Going to take 1 scoop per morning of Mass XXX and add 2 more after workouts. I need weight gainer since I'm 5'5 and 145 lbs. I got a kid frame, need to bulk up. I don't eat a lot so this supps will help with the calories intake. I went to read BB.com and I'm not too sure of what to expect of this. Some say it's good calories, others say it's junk. Some say it tastes good, some say it's terrible. Some say it makes them fart, some say it doesn't. Really not sure what to expect here.

Also I'll change my workouts schedule. Will try to go everyday (15 mins cardio + weightlifting) and change the routine.

This way I think I'll be able to gain significant weight and lose my body fat.

Any thoughts?

Karim amène toi sur MSN faut j'te parle.

Last edited by Seb: 08-02-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Just came back from GNC,

bought Nutra Sea Omega-3 supps + GNC's Mega men Sport Multivitamins + GNC'S Mass XXX

Going to take 1 scoop per morning of Mass XXX and add 2 more after workouts. I need weight gainer since I'm 5'5 and 145 lbs. I got a kid frame, need to bulk up. I don't eat a lot so this supps will help with the calories intake. I went to read BB.com and I'm not too sure of what to expect of this. Some say it's good calories, others say it's junk. Some say it tastes good, some say it's terrible. Some say it makes them fart, some say it doesn't. Really not sure what to expect here.

Also I'll change my workouts schedule. Will try to go everyday (15 mins cardio + weightlifting) and change the routine.

This way I think I'll be able to gain significant weight and lose my body fat.

Any thoughts?

Karim amène toi sur MSN faut j'te parle.
Mass XXX I tried, I didn't care much for the taste and didn't really care much for the results. I went to Popeyes and got Nitro Juice, which has 600 calories, 53 grams of protein, glutamine and creatine in it. Which has worked wonders for me and the taste is ten times better. Plus it comes in a larger tub for relatively the same price.

Old
08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Mass XXX I tried, I didn't care much for the taste and didn't really care much for the results. I went to Popeyes and got Nitro Juice, which has 600 calories, 53 grams of protein, glutamine and creatine in it. Which has worked wonders for me and the taste is ten times better. Plus it comes in a larger tub for relatively the same price.
One thing I wonder tho is, I might be in a kid frame and have skinny arms, but I used to be overweight (5'3 - 185lbs) and even tho I lost most of it, I'm still sorta fat (tires, man boobs, etc).

Should I focus on gaining mass + muscles or losing fat first?

I feel focusing on gaining mass first would be ideal, but I'm not sure.

Old
08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
One thing I wonder tho is, I might be in a kid frame and have skinny arms, but I used to be overweight (5'3 - 185lbs) and even tho I lost most of it, I'm still sorta fat (tires, man boobs, etc).

Should I focus on gaining mass + muscles or losing fat first?

I feel focusing on gaining mass first would be ideal, but I'm not sure.
Muscles IMO. Obviously, don't focus on too much mass. Some people gain too much mass and have to cut down. Eat healthy, have a good workout and results will come. I'm not an expert but if you're having protein powder and eating well+working out, it will come.

Don't bother just doing strenght workouts though. I worked manual labour most of my life and in consequence, I got more muscle. However, now, i'm here trying to lose weight because I didn't burn the fat.

Make a balanced program and follow it. If you ever gain a lot of muscles, and keep some of the fat, switch your program to more fat burning exercises for a period of time.

Old
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Muscles IMO. Obviously, don't focus on too much mass. Some people gain too much mass and have to cut down. Eat healthy, have a good workout and results will come. I'm not an expert but if you're having protein powder and eating well+working out, it will come.

Don't bother just doing strenght workouts though. I worked manual labour most of my life and in consequence, I got more muscle. However, now, i'm here trying to lose weight because I didn't burn the fat.

Make a balanced program and follow it. If you ever gain a lot of muscles, and keep some of the fat, switch your program to more fat burning exercises for a period of time.
Should I then get Whey protein powder instead of weight gainer Mass XXX powder? Or would both be good?

Old
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Should I then get Whey protein powder instead of weight gainer Mass XXX powder? Or would both be good?
Wish I could help, but I don't use supplements. In my very limited knowledge I'd say it's redundant a bit. Mass Gainers have protein and so does protein powder(obviously). You're basically having additional protein, when you already get it in the mass gainer. Mass gainer is more caloric(aka, the whole mass gain concept), whereas whey protein powder is more concentrated on protein. I'd probably just stick to whey protein if it were me but we obviously have different goals. IMO, when you're done you're mass gainer container, switch to whey protein and train for definition and not mass. I don't find 5'5 145 too little in terms of mass IMO. I have a friend who's been going to gym for years, doesn't take supplements, but is in good shape, he's 5'8 170. It really depends on your goal, but I wouldn't renew the mass gainer after it's done. Like I said, I'd prob go straight to whey protein after you're done the container.

Old
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
At how many posts do we open a new thread? I forget the # it takes before they close a thread.
It's supposed to be 500

Old
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's supposed to be 500
I thought it was 1000?

Old
08-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Quote:
I thought it was 1000?
It is 1000

Old
08-02-2010, 06:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
It is 1000
i thought they closed GDT's at 500.

Old
08-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Actually make a new thread right now if possible LL. I'm going to close this one since it's close to 1000 posts.