HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Replace the WOOOO with Fred Cusick's SCORE!!!

Old
08-02-2010, 07:46 PM
jasonbaz77*

vCash: 500
Would love to hear Cusick....that would be awesome.

ANYTHING...

I mean ANYTHING but that lobotomized wrestling garbage. It's embarrassing.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfreak View Post
I respect the whole tribute to Fred. But really, "Score" after they announce the goal. Really? Just go ahead and pretend your the announcer. It just doesn't work. I love the WOOOOOO.

my whole family gets right into the action and we all chant the wooooo at the same time. It was such a thrill once we attended our first bruins game and were able to make that cheer.

Its a new era in Bruinsland, i think we should stick to the woooo. As corny as some of you may think, its a hit and the fans love it, especially the young ones. Hockey is growing in Boston and this Woooo should be here to stay.

GO BOSTON GO!
i'm as traditional as they get but I was with you on the woo until you got to GO BOSTON GO. what the hell is that? it's bad enough we have to deal with an entire generation of kids who have now grown up on "lets go Bru-ins, clap clap, clapclapclap". So how can i agree with anyone who would say something so outrageous as GO BOSTON GO?

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbaz77 View Post
Would love to hear Cusick....that would be awesome.

ANYTHING...

I mean ANYTHING but that lobotomized wrestling garbage. It's embarrassing.
I hear ya JB77. it's all fake now. it all started going downhill once they stopped calling themselves grapplers and started calling themselves entertainers.

Old
08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
I respect the whole tribute to Fred. But really, "Score" after they announce the goal. Really? Just go ahead and pretend your the announcer. It just doesn't work. I love the WOOOOOO.

my whole family gets right into the action and we all chant the wooooo at the same time. It was such a thrill once we attended our first bruins game and were able to make that cheer.

Its a new era in Bruinsland, i think we should stick to the woooo. As corny as some of you may think, its a hit and the fans love it, especially the young ones. Hockey is growing in Boston and this Woooo should be here to stay.

GO BOSTON GO!
I can still see keeping the Woooo! but the song has got to go...

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
I hear ya JB77. it's all fake now. it all started going downhill once they stopped calling themselves grapplers and started calling themselves entertainers.
Yeah, no offense to real wrestlers...I mean the fake stuff. The Bruins fans need to have our own thing. Something nostalgic would be great, but at least original and related to Hockey.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
hubby1746

Put me down for a yes.

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:34 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsfan26 View Post
The thought of this gives me goosebumps....it would be so awesome! And it would mean something to us die-hard Bruins fans and old-tyme fans!
An excellent idea.

Kate Smith, eat yer heart out,

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Get rid of the horn,replace it with "SCORE!" keep the woo,get a new song(one with real drums).

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
TuukkaTime

Quote:
Just because this argument drives me crazy (and is a bit off topic)

That's just "World Wrestling Entertainment"

Check out companies like Ring Of Honor based out of Philadelphia (the 3rd biggest company in the business right now, they pride themselves on the sporting aspect of professional wrestling, athleticism and respect.)

Here's a match to check out that demonstrates their style

Like I said, the argument angers me, haha, because it's not true

TuukkaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Bruinsfreak

Quote:
i'm as traditional as they get but I was with you on the woo until you got to GO BOSTON GO. what the hell is that? it's bad enough we have to deal with an entire generation of kids who have now grown up on "lets go Bru-ins, clap clap, clapclapclap". So how can i agree with anyone who would say something so outrageous as GO BOSTON GO?

Really?, the whole Boston go is just something i put at the end of my spill to show my passion as a Bruins fan. It has nothing to do with topic. Im not one for chants actually, i have to be the biggest hater of montreals ole ole. Nothing worse then just being some where random and habs fan gather and start chanting that junk. Turns my stomach. I enjoy hockey for what it is, its not soccer!

The "wooo" is a great idea. I have participated in the "wooo" since it has started and i even have friends who drop by for some bruins games who arent even Bruin fans and they love joining me in the wooo chant! I hope its here to stay. This keep a good thing going. As for the song. i like it but i wouldnt mine seeing something different. I love the Chicago goal. At least its something you can hum or sing along too. A real crowd pleasure for sure.

oh yeah,

GO BOSTON GO!

Bruinsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuukkaTime View Post
Just because this argument drives me crazy (and is a bit off topic)

That's just "World Wrestling Entertainment"

Check out companies like Ring Of Honor based out of Philadelphia (the 3rd biggest company in the business right now, they pride themselves on the sporting aspect of professional wrestling, athleticism and respect.)

Here's a match to check out that demonstrates their style

Like I said, the argument angers me, haha, because it's not true
you try and argue that it's just as authentic as the old days with videos like those? i'm calling bs on them. I stopped watching the 1st video when the guy named "Kenta" from "Japan" was introduced and there was no salt purification ceremony to be seen anywhere. guys real name is probably Mookie from Moonochie NJ.

Gimme any of the old big 3 managers over any one of these shlubs. And when the hell did "MCMAHON!!" become Mr. McMahon anyway?
you want passion? you want commitment? here's what just plain ornery looks like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCD4hKmy2g

That's a whole lot more authentic than your "Jenga" from "Japan".

Old
08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Bruins Atmosphere

Using music to get the crowd "Roaring"!!

There are certain times to play certain music, but dont bore the crowd cause they kjnow exactly whats gonna play at exactly what time. If you have season tix, you know what Im talking about.
The fellas in the truck gotta mix it up. They use great tunes, classic tunes, tunes that everyone knows and loves. But to mix it right, you gotta have the right situations. For example... if the Bruins comeback in the 3rd period, then take the lead.... the crowd would be screaming, then you should hear the solo in "welcome to the Jungle". The part where you hear the jungle drums first, then Slash do the awesome solo, then Axl screams..... YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE???? YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABY.... YOUR GONNA DIIIIEEEEE.....
AC/DCs "T.N.T" has great lines when Lucic or Thornton wins a fight...... "Cause I'm T.N.T!! I'm Dynamite.... TNT ... "and I'll win the fight" TNT... Im a powerload... TNT... WATCH ME EXPLOOOOODEEE!!!! Just a few ways to spice it up

Bruins Atmosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Really?, the whole Boston go is just something i put at the end of my spill to show my passion as a Bruins fan. It has nothing to do with topic. Im not one for chants actually, i have to be the biggest hater of montreals ole ole. Nothing worse then just being some where random and habs fan gather and start chanting that junk. Turns my stomach. I enjoy hockey for what it is, its not soccer!

The "wooo" is a great idea. I have participated in the "wooo" since it has started and i even have friends who drop by for some bruins games who arent even Bruin fans and they love joining me in the wooo chant! I hope its here to stay. This keep a good thing going. As for the song. i like it but i wouldnt mine seeing something different. I love the Chicago goal. At least its something you can hum or sing along too. A real crowd pleasure for sure.

oh yeah,

GO BOSTON GO!
fair enough. i thought it was supposed to be some variation of go leafs go, or go habs go.

Go B's!!

Old
08-02-2010, 09:12 PM
TuukkaTime

Quote:
you try and argue that it's just as authentic as the old days with videos like those? i'm calling bs on them. I stopped watching the 1st video when the guy named "Kenta" from "Japan" was introduced and there was no salt purification ceremony to be seen anywhere. guys real name is probably Mookie from Moonochie NJ.

Gimme any of the old big 3 managers over any one of these shlubs. And when the hell did "MCMAHON!!" become Mr. McMahon anyway?
you want passion? you want commitment? here's what just plain ornery looks like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCD4hKmy2g

That's a whole lot more authentic than your "Jenga" from "Japan".
Kenta's...real name is Kenta Kobashi...and he is one of the greatest junior heavyweights in japan today, trained by the legendary Mitsuharu Misawa. His main promotion is NJPW, otherwise known as New Japan Pro Wrestling, one of the most prestigious promotions in Japanese Wrestling history, and Ring Of Honor pays to have him flown over and work on a few of their shows a couple times a year.

And if you don't believe me, here is one of his greatest matches from Japan

Ring Of Honor is literally the polar opposite of McMahons "WWE"

Old
08-02-2010, 09:17 PM
BosPeeters

Fred is a must !

Also, Can we please stop it with the "Slow Ride" already? Geezus!

Motor city Machine Guns!

Last edited by BosPeeters: 08-02-2010 at 09:40 PM.
BosPeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
TuukkaTime

The idea's originator from Days Of Y'Orr just launched a petition for anyone that would like to go sign!

http://**********************/petitions/WeWantCusick

Old
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsfan26 View Post
The thought of this gives me goosebumps....it would be so awesome! And it would mean something to us die-hard Bruins fans and old-tyme fans!
anything to get of that god dammed god awfull Wooooo......!

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
DawnDavenport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Pfft I still want the TRUE MBTA Budliner horn back!!!!
Amen

DawnDavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Bruins1726

I absolutely love this idea...and you can sign a petition for it go on murph's twitter (twitter.com/murphyslaw74) i believe and there is a link posted on one of his tweets from 8/2

Bruins1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Balcony Rat

You and your buddies can still "woo!" all you want. It's not a tradition and God help us if it becomes one.. hell, I do it too.. but do we want to be the Hurricanes with a million sound affects after a goal? Lets just hope they score goals before we worry about what comes after.

But here's my two cents.. Hell yes to the "score!" -- rid the woo, change the song.

Balcony Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:35 AM
rudos1

I also love ROH wrestling shame they have not been back here in almost a year now. I am the biggest Ric Flair fan around but... To have Fred's "Score!" would have to trump that for sure. Get this done!!

rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
roccom33
Loge 9 Row 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNim View Post
How 'bout his goal call, then both the old train horn and the new horn together, followed by Nutty?
I'm going to resurrect this thread with my own take similar to yours.

Cusick - horns - shipping up to boston
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Cusick SUTB Goal.mp3‎ (758.0 KB, 67 views)

roccom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
BROOONS

Quote:
fair enough. i thought it was supposed to be some variation of go leafs go, or go habs go.

Go B's!!
here we go bruins, here we go! what the heck happened to that?

BROOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOONS View Post
here we go bruins, here we go! what the heck happened to that?
good question BROOONS, and it's death and it's replacement of lets go bruins, clap clap clapclapclap is a complex mystery, and here's my take on it.

First of all, here we go was a Boston chant, not just a Bruins chant. We did it at Red Sox games and Celts games. (I was always too drunk at Pats games to even remember who we were playing much less individual chants in those years.)

During the transition from the beloved old barn on Causeway to the cheapo, by the numbers shawmut center you had the most loyal, and loud group of B's fans, the gallery gods, who were pretty much displaced and broken up in the JJ version of urban renewal. There was story after story at the time about 30, 40, even 50 year sth's whose prices skyrocketed and were put all over the arena instead of together where they belonged. A lot of old timers didn't renew.

I know personally when i tuned to watch the 1st game televised from the new place the combination of new rink, new(ish) uniforms, and strange voices in the broadcast booth all combined for an eerie "who the hell is this expansion team" feeling. Going to the new place for the first time it was obvious that everything had now changed and people were more concerned with all the new bells and whistles and less concerned with actively participating in cheering on the team on the ice. It was almost like why cheer when smokey the bear is doing it for you. The fact that we had also entered the lean years and there wasn't much to cheer for didn't help.

Also, I knew I wasn't in kansas anymore when ushers came down to force a kid to remove a homemade sign that was draped over the balcony because it was covering the ads.

Go back and watch the B's dvd where they show the last game played at the gahden, the Norman Leveille tribute. what is the chant you here over and over? Who knew that this would also be a "thanks for the memories" last game for the gallery gods as well.

So that is what led to the demise of a fine Boston chant. But what about it's replacement, the NY cheer that goes "lets go blank blank, clap clap clapclapclap"?

Around the same time as the events described above at the shamut center the dreaded yankees were awakening from their long slumber, like godzilla come to life because of the all the nuclear testing in the area.

During those lean years there was a large contingent of fans going to games and rooting against them and cheering on the red sox when they were in town. their cheer was the "lets go red sox......" instead of here we go red sox here we go.

since the yankees (actually) sucked during those years nobody noticed this phenomenon, but starting with jeters rookie year the yankees were now back and with that they were now on a lot of national telecasts and people were paying attention again.

Folks heard this group of fans cheering the sox at yankees games and mistook it for Red Sox Nation going into yankee stadium. not so! who were these folks you say? Mets fans. thats right. if i had a nickel for every mets fan i've met who said that they hate the yanks and the sox are their 2nd favorite team i'd be a rich man. so thats why they never used the Boston here we go chant, because thats not the chant they knew.

The new chant was now spreading into fenway, and soon thereafter it would go into the shawmut center as well.

The End

Old
08-06-2010, 10:23 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuukkaTime View Post
The idea's originator from Days Of Y'Orr just launched a petition for anyone that would like to go sign!

http://**********************/petitions/WeWantCusick
Link does not work

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote