HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Hartnell

Old
08-03-2010, 08:03 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Hartnell + 2nd for Kaberle + Orr. Book it!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
The Leafs are almost as bad an organization as the Mets.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever View Post
Honestly, Luca Caputi would be your better forward prospects after Maroon. I don't said that he worth Hartnell, I just said that he will be your second best forward prospects.
Honestly, Luca Caputi ain't that good. While the Flyers prospect cupboard isn't full by any means, he'd likely fall 3/4/5 in the list.

No thanks.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:24 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Honestly, Luca Caputi ain't that good. While the Flyers prospect cupboard isn't full by any means, he'd likely fall 3/4/5 in the list.

No thanks.
I konw that Caputi is not a high-end prospects, but he will be one of your good prospect forward. After Maroon, who is better than him in your forward prospects list?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
No.

Back to the abyss from whence you came.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
I konw that Caputi is not a high-end prospects, but he will be one of your good prospect forward. After Maroon, who is better than him in your forward prospects list?
Caputi is rubbish...

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
Fartsmell sucks, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Leafs.
Got to love Leafs fans.

You mean you would not want him to be anywhere near a team that finished 29th in teh league?

By the way how is rebuild going?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
CTU2fan

I don't get the snarkiness...the guy asked about a possible for Hartnell and out come the Leaf bashers. Damn, it's not like he's a Pens fan or something.

Hartnell has a NMC, no way he waives it to leave a contender and play for a rebuilding club. I'm sure Burke would love his truculence though.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

The problem with trading Hartnell at all is that it immediately creates a gaping hole in the lineup. They've only got one net crashing **** disturber who can score, and that's him.

Carcillo is the closest thing they have after him but he's never gonna score nearly as much.

Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Caputi is rubbish...
That means that all your forward prospects are rubbish.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:05 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
That means that all your forward prospects are rubbish.
Because you've seen 'em all?

Toronto and the Flyers are not good trading partners for any position, but especially when we're talking about Hartnell. There is nothing worthwhile that Toronto would be willing to give up, and while our GM is a freakin' moron, I would hope he's not stupid enough to accept what Toronto is willing to deal.

We've already seen one Flyer traded for crap; I sincerely hope Holmgren is finished on that front.

Caputi and any combination of other castoffs is not worth Hartnell, and I'd take a few of the Flyers forward prospects ahead of Caputi. Not that he sucks, but he's a dime a dozen kind of player.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Honestly, Luca Caputi would be your better forward prospects after Maroon. I don't said that he worth Hartnell, I just said that he will be your second best forward prospects.
I think Caputi is a good prospect, and I like Hanson too, but the problem with the Flyers trading Hartnell is that there are a couple teams (LA, Phoenix for example) who have been trying to get him for the last year. If we're going to ask him to waive, you'd have to knock out socks off - and hope he'd agree to waive.

This is the problem with your idea of us trading Hartnell to make room for Niemi - we don't need to trade Hartnell as a salary dump, as per the Gagne deal. Hartnell is signed for a couple more years, and would have some trade value.

In that sense, we could probably get better prospects from the Kings or Coyotes than the Leafs can offer - since the best Leaf prospects like Schenn and Kadri are deservedly off limits, but your pool of prospects isn't as deep.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:15 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Because you've seen 'em all?

Toronto and the Flyers are not good trading partners for any position, but especially when we're talking about Hartnell. There is nothing worthwhile that Toronto would be willing to give up, and while our GM is a freakin' moron, I would hope he's not stupid enough to accept what Toronto is willing to deal.

We've already seen one Flyer traded for crap; I sincerely hope Holmgren is finished on that front.

Caputi and any combination of other castoffs is not worth Hartnell, and I'd take a few of the Flyers forward prospects ahead of Caputi. Not that he sucks, but he's a dime a dozen kind of player.
I don't said that Caputi worth Hartnell. Now I konw why you don't want to trade Hartnell. I konw that Caputi is not the best prospects in the world, but all of you said he's rubbish. But I just want a couple of name of your forward prospects that are better than Caputi. Maroon is better than him, but I want others names.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
By the way, who is Scott Hatnell?

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I think Caputi is a good prospect, and I like Hanson too, but the problem with the Flyers trading Hartnell is that there are a couple teams (LA, Phoenix for example) who have been trying to get him for the last year. If we're going to ask him to waive, you'd have to knock out socks off - and hope he'd agree to waive.

This is the problem with your idea of us trading Hartnell to make room for Niemi - we don't need to trade Hartnell as a salary dump, as per the Gagne deal. Hartnell is signed for a couple more years, and would have some trade value.

In that sense, we could probably get better prospects from the Kings or Coyotes than the Leafs can offer - since the best Leaf prospects like Schenn and Kadri are deservedly off limits, but your pool of prospects isn't as deep.
Finally an intelligent answer. Thanks a lot.

Old
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
No.

Back to the abyss from whence you came.
+1 b/c of his avatar too!

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
tuckrr

also, we arent gonna trade hartnell before this year...he'll be moving next off-season or next trade deadline. we need him for the '11 playoffs, not some prospect (no offense). Also, im sure we would get more next offseason, since he had such a down year this year...

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:32 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I don't get the snarkiness...the guy asked about a possible for Hartnell and out come the Leaf bashers. Damn, it's not like he's a Pens fan or something.

Hartnell has a NMC, no way he waives it to leave a contender and play for a rebuilding club. I'm sure Burke would love his truculence though.
Thank you Bloge Salming for allowing me to understand that joke.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
if Hartnell didnt fight and wasnt physical there is no doubt Holmgren would have him on the block. But since hes a big physical goof who takes dumb penalties and can score a few goals hes Holmgren's type of player.
But hey if we would have traded Hartnell, Holmgren probably would have gotten a 6th and future consiterations.
I mean if Gagne was only worth Matt Walker and a 4th, what is Hartnell worth?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't said that Caputi worth Hartnell. Now I konw why you don't want to trade Hartnell. I konw that Caputi is not the best prospects in the world, but all of you said he's rubbish. But I just want a couple of name of your forward prospects that are better than Caputi. Maroon is better than him, but I want others names.
you should talk with NWO. I think you and him would get along fine and be able to understand each other.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 10000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
This doesn't work on a multitude of levels. Number one, the Flyers don't want Niemi. Number two, the Leafs hold essentially nothing of any value that they're willing to move. Number three, Hartnell has a NMC. Number four, this would put the Leafs 2M+ over the cap.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
fire bettman

Hartnell isn't going anywhere, he's the only player on our team who can successfully plant his big hairy ass in front of the net. If Knuble was still a Flyer, it might be worth asking Hartnell to waive his NTC to get a goalie, especially taking into consideration the dumb penalties he takes. But right now he's really the only player of his kind on the team, and we desperately need that type of player.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
This doesn't work on a multitude of levels. Number one, the Flyers don't want Niemi. Number two, the Leafs hold essentially nothing of any value that they're willing to move. Number three, Hartnell has a NMC. Number four, this would put the Leafs 2M+ over the cap.
How is a team as bad as the Leafs that close to the cap?

And how has there not been a Kaberle-for-Hartnell proposal in this thread yet?

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
if Hartnell didnt fight and wasnt physical there is no doubt Holmgren would have him on the block. But since hes a big physical goof who takes dumb penalties and can score a few goals hes Holmgren's type of player.
But hey if we would have traded Hartnell, Holmgren probably would have gotten a 6th and future consiterations.
I mean if Gagne was only worth Matt Walker and a 4th, what is Hartnell worth?
Finger?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Leafs fans really are in a world of their own aren't they
.... they sure are

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote