HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related Eklund rumours Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2010, 08:35 PM
25th

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Too much on Montreals part. And please remove Danny Kristo from all trade prposals.
Well let's say to get Ryan you need to part with Kristo (and more, plus cap considerations...)? Wouldn't you do it?

Old
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
Well let's say to get Ryan you need to part with Kristo (and more, plus cap considerations...)? Wouldn't you do it?
Wouldn't that depend on whether you thought Price, Kristo and a 2nd was worth more than Halak, Ryder and a 2nd?

Old
08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
No, IMO Kristo could develop into one of the Habs top prospects ! Besides we were talking about him for Bieksa, which would be ludicrous !

Old
08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
No, IMO Kristo could develop into one of the Habs top prospects ! Besides we were talking about him for Bieksa, which would be ludicrous !
I saw Kristo at development camp once, he's going to be a bust.

Old
08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sarcasm oozing out the seams here.

I'd be willing to part with quite a bit to get Ryan, as I imagine most teams would as well.

Old
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
It all depends how much Anaheim allegedly loves Price. If they are extremely high on him Montreal may be able to get Ryan Hiller for AK and Price.....

Old
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Sarcasm oozing out the seams here.

I'd be willing to part with quite a bit to get Ryan, as I imagine most teams would as well.
After the long and stupid debate in the Leblanc thread I had a hunch that the sarcasm emoticon wouldn't be necessary.

Old
08-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I see what you did here.

Old
08-01-2010, 10:42 PM
RE-HABS

I love Markov, he is one of the most valuable Habs, not the most valuable anymore as he once was.

The Habs miss him out of the line up, but the record isn't as bad anymore without him and with new valuable players in Cammarelli, Gionta and now Subban has Markov become expendable and possibly a very valuable trading asset in regards to landing future help?

One can't think that the return could be awesome.

Old
08-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I love Markov, he is one of the most valuable Habs, not the most valuable anymore as he once was.

The Habs miss him out of the line up, but the record isn't as bad anymore without him and with new valuable players in Cammarelli, Gionta and now Subban has Markov become expendable and possibly a very valuable trading asset in regards to landing future help?

One can't think that the return could be awesome.
expectation like that are the reason why fans gonna turn their back on Subban. Markov is one of the most important piece of the team

Old
08-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Max Levine

Why would both GMs trade their unsigned RFA? They wouldn't be solving any problem if the difficulty is in signing them. If Ducks need a defenseman, they can find him without trading their #1 goalie and their top 6. And PG would look stupid if he were to trade Price after making a decision as to who was his #1 goalie.

And what's with the charade? Can't come out and say it's Ducks Hiller and Ryan? My first displays qualities of domesticity and sociability as well as being tasteful when added to oranges. My second survived three days and nights in a whale's belly. My third is the little king of the irish. My whole is the target of St-Peter, according to the rumour bible.

Old
08-02-2010, 10:42 AM
sampollock

to get ryan will cost alot, and then have to sign him

Old
08-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Let's stop and think a little bit...

If the Ducks don't want to give Bobby Ryan his $5M, why in the blue hell would they take on Hamrlik's $5,5M$?

Old
08-02-2010, 11:14 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

If the Ducks don't want to give Bobby Ryan his $5M, why in the blue hell would they take on Hamrlik's $5,5M$?
they won't , but maybe a atl would??? wild guess here

Old
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

I haven't followed it closely, but I thought the sticking point wasn't quite that... they *were* willing to give Ryan $5M, but wanted it either longer or shorter term... i.e. to either keep him RFA at the end, or to eat into UFA years, whereas Ryan wanted it exactly timed to make him UFA at the end... ?

Old
08-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Many posters here know how I feel about Markov. I do not hate the man, and I believe he is a gifted player. My issue is his durability.

To say Markov is "irreplaceable" does not have the same ring it did 2-3 seasons ago. This guy is one more knee injury away from being finished for good. We managed well without him through the Pittsburgh series, and held the fort during his long absence in the regular season (albeit at the cost of a "spent" Hamrlik). Th emergence of Subban can help with a Markov departure.

Losing Markov would definitely be felt, but I feel the trade I poroposed overall; including the addition of a Bieksa, would make the club stronger overall now, and down the road............. I just have a bad feeling that Markov is going to let us down with his health......AGAIN.

We hear a whole lot about asset management around here, and yours is costly in assets and hasty.

Why not wait till the end of the year with Hammer's contract running out and the choices we'll have on the open market, then we wouldn't lose Markov as a major asset, and we gain as asset in Hammer's spot.

For the sake of not waiting ONE season, you're prepared to lose Markov who will most likely re-sign here. Since it's his last contract, we might be able to add 2 seasons at lower cost to lower his cap hit.

Keeping both Markov and Subban is what will make the Habs hard to beat. Now add a UFA Dman to replace Hammer, and you can get yourself a heffin solid top 3.

There are TWO offensive lines, you need two offensive Dmen and so little teams can count on so much offense from the blueline, it's highly valuable, just look at the present UFA market for dmen. You just don't mess with that kinda gift, especially with guys like Markov and Subban who seem like Habs lifers.

You could potentially get much better than Bieska for Markov, even as a rental.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 08-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old
08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
merlin

going back to Eklund saying a team out west could offer a top 6 forward plus a goalie, could that be Colorado with one of Anderson / Budaj plus Mueller? that would be an easy cap hit for MTL although not sure about the value of that deal, could add some elements to even it out.

Obviously I prefer having Ryan but no way that ever happens.

Old
08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
sampollock

price stays in mtl

not after the big song and dance pg did after moving halak

this is going off the rails, this talk of moving price

eck is full of hot air

Old
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:

I actually agree with you, but to play devils advocate Hamrlik's 5.5M is for one more season whereas Ryan's contract will be for 4+ seasons.

Last edited by Sebaldian: 08-02-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
price stays in mtl

not after the big song and dance pg did after moving halak

this is going off the rails, this talk of moving price

eck is full of hot air
Which is what caused me to write my newest blog entry, which you can find at http://hometownanalysis.blogspot.com

I'm seriously starting to get sick of these rumors. At one point, it use to be worth talking about and maybe making some sense out of it, but the crap has finally hit the fan with me.

Old
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
axman88

Brendan Witt is available....soon he might be an e3 to mtl

Old
08-03-2010, 12:35 PM
fatmax

After writing a vague rumor (team in california with an unsigned top 6 forward) he's now stating that Anaheim and Montreal linked together is all over the place in the rumor world...
does he realize that he started this whole thing, ... reporting that other sources are saying it also, does not confirm his first rumor, they are just speaking about what you said?

It looks like a child who has no idea to solve a riddle, he post it on the internet, other people discuss it and found "an answer" than, the child saw the answer and is now reporting it has its own... bizarre!

But look who has a website that provides him wealth (Ek) and who's posting on HFboards (us), I guess he knows his business more than me.

Old
08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
sheed36

Here's Ek's latest Price update... Don't know why he added Price's name to the Savard section though..

Quote:
* The Price negotiations are still not going anywhere fast and rumors of Price to Anaheim are everywhere...
Quote:
* People close to Marc Savard are telling me Savard wants to stay a Bruin but is figuring very strongly he won't be "by the end of August." Everyone's question is basically the same...How committed are the Habs to Carey Price. still not sure.

Old
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Brendan Witt is available....soon he might be an e3 to mtl
hahahahaha

But you got it all wrong, you have to start by making some bogus rumor about us trading away someone first, then you could put an E3 on Witt.

Example: Washington Ovechkin is a good friend of Markov, they would love to have him on their team, one reliable source told me that Was and Mtl were talking.

Than, you go on and put an E3 on your chart list on Witt to MTL

Sit back and let the rumor kill itself...

All you have to do it state: a fact (Ovechkin is a friend of Markov), an obvious statement (Was would love to have Markov) and finally a semi-truth (Was and Mtl are talking... about trading prospect 1 for prospect 2, Markov was never mentioned). Tha way, you can feel good about yourselve (you haven't lied) and have plenty of hit on your blog

Old
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Garry Valk

If we could deal Hamrlik and sign Witt for $1 mill I would be that happiest guy in the world.

Closed Thread