HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Tim Kennedy

Old
08-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 4057
Tim Kennedy

Placed on waivers by the Sabres today.

I know picking him up would just add to the logjam of young forwards competing for a small amount of spots, but it'll only cost $1 million to get a very skilled, young winger. I think that quite honestly if we picked him up we could trade one of our valuable prospects (Boychuk could get some serious return) and have Kennedy take that forward spot this year.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
Boychuk is going to be better than Kennedy, IMO and is younger. No way I'd give up on Boychuk so early, especially to replace him with another midget winger. I also doubt we can get much value for just Boychuk, maybe if we packaged him with another prospect, pick or roster player.

A team that is mediocre on offense like Buffalo waiving this guy raises some red flags too.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
caniac247

Here's the female side kicking in: Hell No. If I have to see his ugly mug for 82 games, I'd go blind.

Now the Canes fan side of me: don't need another midget winger. Let's continue with the plans and let these young kids fight it out and gain experience.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I think you are thinking of Tyler Kennedy, the grinch lookalike that plays for the Pens. Tim Kennedy isn't nearly as ugly as Tyler.

Old
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine
We already have a habit of drafting midget forwards, let's not start picking them up on waivers, oh wait...

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
please tell me that this is a joke. Bring in Tim Kennedy? So that we can trade Boychuk?

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Boychuk has a potential to be first line winger.

Kennedy is a good third line grinder.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

I think it's a good idea... I'm not saying that Kennedy has more potential than Boychuk, but with all the Haterade that y'all have been drinking about Boychuk lately, I figured it's smart. I mean, there's a logjam at forward right now, and with a lot of the young guys coming up through the system, and with the potential of guys like Boychuk, Skinner, Bowman, and others, they won't all be able to reach their full potential on the same team. They're gonna have to go eventually, and considering that Kennedy's potential is likely as more of a bottom 6 player, he wouldn't get in the way of our big time potential guys.

Now, I don't think too many of you guys think we have a chance of Bowman, Osala, Boychuk, Skinner, and all of the others ALL playing for any significant amount of time with the Canes. One or more is going to be traded at some point, or just not resigned. Why not just do it now? I don't feel that Boychuk is absolutely vital to the team's success, and if we have a chance to pick up a good 3rd liner, and then trade Boychuk for valuable picks and players, I'd sure as hell do it.

Plus, the midget argument is dumb because if we trade Boychuk, he's actually an inch shorter than Kennedy so we'd technically be getting bigger...

Old
08-02-2010, 09:07 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I think Vagrant and maybe a few others aren't as high on Boychuk as they were maybe a season ago but I'm still expecting big things out of him. At worst I think he turns out to be another Larose but I could still see him turning out to be a 25g, 25a 2nd line winger.

Just curious on what you think Boychuk alone can get?

Old
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
I think Vagrant and maybe a few others aren't as high on Boychuk as they were maybe a season ago but I'm still expecting big things out of him. At worst I think he turns out to be another Larose but I could still see him turning out to be a 25g, 25a 2nd line winger.

Just curious on what you think Boychuk alone can get?
I don't think we could get much for him alone, maybe a LATE 1st or 2nd. But, paired with other prospects or a top 9 player we could get a mid-level star at the deadline if we are in contention.

Old
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Yeah I agree with you there then. It's just too early to give up on him though. I think we move Bowman or Osala before any of the other prospects if we want to try to clear out the logjam at forward. Just doesn't seem like the organization is that high on Bowman anymore.

Old
08-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Gr8Dan

Im not giving up on boychuk yet. I had no hopes for Sutter his 1st year with 1 goal all season and look what happened the year after...

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

I'd also like to clear up another thing. I said that we should sign him in order to trade ONE of our prospects. Then, I simple stated which one would get the most in return. I in no way meant that we should sign Kennedy and then turn around and trade Boychuk. I just meant that if we sign Kennedy (which I still think is a good idea), we'd have the opportunity to trade one or more of our top prospects. I just threw the Boychuk name out there...

Old
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
I think you are thinking of Tyler Kennedy, the grinch lookalike that plays for the Pens. Tim Kennedy isn't nearly as ugly as Tyler.
On No, they both ugly in my book. Some think Brind'Amour is the ugliest NHL player, well I give my nod to those two Kennedy boys Maybe its the jersey's they are wearing, but oh my they hurt my eyes.

Personally I don't think we need yet another 3rd liner, we have so many of those to begin with. I'd much rather hang on to our high end prospects this year and see which ones can hack it, before giving up on one of them for another marginal 3rd line grinder.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Now that he has been bought out, if I were JR I would DEFINITELY take a look at him. I would be happy for TK if he landed down here, and think he would be good for the Hurricanes. Good work ethic, and is really good parked behind the net.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote