HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mink traded for Fast from STL, signs Callahan & Weaver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2010, 03:58 PM
  #26
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Wow, Mike Weaver!!!

He's... a midget!

5'9 181 lbs

EDIT: ohh, and he's old too!

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
  #27
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,382
vCash: 500
excellent PK guy

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:06 PM
  #28
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
I guess Ellerby isn't taking a spot this year. We're set with 7 guys now.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
  #29
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
I guess Ellerby isn't taking a spot this year. We're set with 7 guys now.
Well, I think he should stay another whole season in Rochester just to keep Amerks fans happy! That statement requires two !!!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
  #30
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Panthers607's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Well, I think he should stay another whole season in Rochester just to keep Amerks fans happy! That statement requires two !!!

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
  #31
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
For the record, my father just got off the phone with a VERY HIGH person in the Amerks front office and they are PISSED. Very pissed. This will come out very soon. Lies from Tallon right to the Amerks front office staff. I know no one here will care, but that's crappy.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
  #32
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
For the record, my father just got off the phone with a VERY HIGH person in the Amerks front office and they are PISSED. Very pissed. This will come out very soon. Lies from Tallon right to the Amerks front office staff. I know no one here will care, but that's crappy.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
  #33
Overkamp
Registered User
 
Overkamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,427
vCash: 500
Good signing for Florida. I was wondering when he was going to be signed. If it weren't for the Blues depth at defense, he would still be a Blue. That being said, you have a pk specialist and an excellent even strength player who plays big for his size (you should see some of his hits the last few years, i.e on Patrick Sharp). The best way to describe him is a player who came prepared every day, did what he was asked and just got the job done. He's not going to put up points but he's a solid player. Very underrated in my opinion.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
  #34
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Good signing for Florida. I was wondering when he was going to be signed. If it weren't for the Blues depth at defense, he would still be a Blue. That being said, you have a pk specialist and an excellent even strength player who plays big for his size (you should see some of his hits the last few years, i.e on Patrick Sharp). The best way to describe him is a player who came prepared every day, did what he was asked and just got the job done. He's not going to put up points but he's a solid player. Very underrated in my opinion.
Wow, nice hit. Tallon said he was going to sign a value defenseman, guess Weaver's it.


__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:32 PM
  #35
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Just passing along the message. Seriously, everyone here hates Amerks fans. But they traded away one of the teams most popular players for an ECHLer. It's not going to go over well. I doubt TJ Fast is a legit NHL prospect. So what was the point? If it was a trade to help the parent club, like the Taffe deal, I can accept that. But that wasn't the case here.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
  #36
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Am I the only one here that thinks that Panther fans should be a little less condescending to Amerks fans? The attitude coming from Panther fans here over the past year or so regarding the affiliation has had me cringing more than a few times.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
  #37
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
So:

Caber-Wideman
Allen-Kuli
Weaver-Gudbranson/Paetsch/Garrison ?

I thought Garrison did really well last year in his time here, though. Guds still has to earn a spot, so where does everyone fit in? I think we all realized a couple years ago when so many d-men went down that all these guys will likely play at some point next season.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:38 PM
  #38
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
I've about had it with Rochester and i think they think the same of us. Sooner the divorce the better for both parties.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:39 PM
  #39
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I've about had it with Rochester and i think they think the same of us. Sooner the divorce the better for both parties.
Well it's coming in November, thankfully. The Amerks already know their replacement. Florida, on the other hand, could be left with what Anaheim did last season. There's no guarantee that there will be 30 AHL teams next season, especially if the Amerks get who I;m sure they will get.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
  #40
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
For the record, my father just got off the phone with a VERY HIGH person in the Amerks front office and they are PISSED. Very pissed. This will come out very soon. Lies from Tallon right to the Amerks front office staff. I know no one here will care, but that's crappy.
IDK why I laughed so hard at this post but it was hilarious. Thank you.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
  #41
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Am I the only one here that thinks that Panther fans should be a little less condescending to Amerks fans? The attitude coming from Panther fans here over the past year or so regarding the affiliation has had me cringing more than a few times.
Why? If some of their attitudes were different, or if they would realize how incredibly stupid it is to boo a rookie (especially that early), maybe they wouldn't get anything from us. My main frustration with Amerks fans attitudes towards the Panthers is that Rochester was in dire straits not long ago, to the point where Buffalo left, and the Panthers stayed and worked with them on things. They didn't seem to grasp that the Panthers literally had to staff half a team because Buffalo left, and that's not an easy thing to do while also working with an NHL team. Cringe all you want, they deserve plenty of cringing as well. (And no, I'm not talking about just Sabrefan, certainly not Keith, but Amerks fans as a whole)

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:43 PM
  #42
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
For the record, my father just got off the phone with a VERY HIGH person in the Amerks front office and they are PISSED. Very pissed. This will come out very soon. Lies from Tallon right to the Amerks front office staff. I know no one here will care, but that's crappy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Well it's coming in November, thankfully. The Amerks already know their replacement. Florida, on the other hand, could be left with what Anaheim did last season. There's no guarantee that there will be 30 AHL teams next season, especially if the Amerks get who I;m sure they will get.
What lies?? Wake up, your team has done plenty things wrong in the past, don't be so delusional. I honestly can't wait to be done with Rochester, Florida is NOT the sum of their problems.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:45 PM
  #43
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
I guess Ellerby isn't taking a spot this year. We're set with 7 guys now.
I think this is a good thing!

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:46 PM
  #44
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
So:

Caber-Wideman
Allen-Kuli
Weaver-Gudbranson/Paetsch/Garrison ?

I thought Garrison did really well last year in his time here, though. Guds still has to earn a spot, so where does everyone fit in? I think we all realized a couple years ago when so many d-men went down that all these guys will likely play at some point next season.
Guds is going to have to be lights-out sensation to make the club. I'd rather him add some weight and get another year in rather than use 1 year of his ELC when we are clearly not going to be competing for the playoffs.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:47 PM
  #45
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
I just don't see any reason that Tallon would literally lie to the Amerks staff. While some people might think that, i'm willing to accept the idea that maybe, just MAYBE Tallon isn't trying to screw over an AHL team just for fun.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:47 PM
  #46
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Good luck finishing last now. Mike Weaver will life you're PK WAY up. He's a stud. He's not a big guy, but he plays physical, he is one of the best at using his stick to poke away the puck. He's going to hurt your chances at getting Larsson.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
  #47
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
I just don't see any reason that Tallon would literally lie to the Amerks staff. While some people might think that, i'm willing to accept the idea that maybe, just MAYBE Tallon isn't trying to screw over an AHL team just for fun.
Well he did, because these transactions were told they wouldn't be happening.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
  #48
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
So:

Caber-Wideman
Allen-Kuli
Weaver-Gudbranson/Paetsch/Garrison ?

I thought Garrison did really well last year in his time here, though. Guds still has to earn a spot, so where does everyone fit in? I think we all realized a couple years ago when so many d-men went down that all these guys will likely play at some point next season.
Garrison's on a 1 way deal I believe. I'd be surprised if he isn't here since I doubt we pay his salary in the AHL. I'm not sure about Paetch's contract (1 or 2 way), but I'd imagine he's the 7th d-man.

To me it's looking like Gudbranson goes back to juniors while Ellerby returns to Rochester and is the first call-up.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
  #49
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,206
vCash: 500
I still think Guds makes the team.

Here's a page of Weaver's hits, not as good as Ballard's, but this guy has run some people over. Avery and Sharp hits are the best.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
  #50
panthertod
Registered User
 
panthertod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
I love how the Amerks fans were complaining how they havent won the past few years... then we fill the cupboard last year full of quality vets and they complain that they didn't go further... then we get rid of those vets that didn't take them further and they complain about that. They love to complain. I bet at least one will complain about this post.

panthertod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.