HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Should I trust this guy?!

Old
07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Last I saw they do offer "Customized" heat press on Authentic jerseys.

30 seconds on shop.nhl.com picking a random Authentic jersey and I see a "customize" option.
http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Stripes

Yes, that's customization. What I stated, was that Reebok does not manufacture authentic jerseys with names and numbers for retail sale. Almost every retailer, NHL.com included, offers customization. That comes from the retailer, not Reebok.

The reason it is important to know that Reebok only makes blank authentics for stores, is that if you are browsing eBay stores or any website that shows photos of "authentic" jerseys with names and numbers applied, you know it's fake.

Also, NHL.com offers authentic cresting on authentic jerseys. Look at the prices. It's $80 on an authentic jersey and $55 on a premier jersey.

Last edited by Stripes: 07-30-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Doogee
Cammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
if you need to question it, ignore it. "eyeballing it" is OH SO TRUE. i bought a Gaborik jersey from a less than legit website, and it was all jacked up even though the pic looked legit. it didnt fit correctly in the shoulders, the stitches were weak, and "GABORIK" on the back and "RANGERS" down the front werent placed correctly. i paid $45, but i learned not to EVER buy a jersey from a site that seems even the slightest bit shady. you shouldnt either.
Yep, i had the same problem.

Purchased an Iginla Team Canada jersey from a site claiming to be Canadian, but payment details were for some Japanese person. I thought twice about it but went a head anyway, got the jersey for about $50 and it wasn't 100% correct. The maple leaf wasn't lined up in the middle correctly, will never buy cheap knock offs again.

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
Yes, that's customization. What I stated, was that Reebok does not manufacture authentic jerseys with names and numbers for retail sale. Almost every retailer, NHL.com included, offers customization. That comes from the retailer, not Reebok.

The reason it is important to know that Reebok only makes blank authentics for stores, is that if you are browsing eBay stores or any website that shows photos of "authentic" jerseys with names and numbers applied, you know it's fake.

Also, NHL.com offers authentic cresting on authentic jerseys. Look at the prices. It's $80 on an authentic jersey and $55 on a premier jersey.
Before Reebok made their website completely useless you could order the same customized jerseys straight from Reebok.

Old
07-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Before Reebok made their website completely useless you could order the same customized jerseys straight from Reebok.
Yes, that's correct. However, my statement is still fact: They do not manufacture authentic jerseys with names and numbers. When a customized order comes through, then they customize it. They don't have stacks of jerseys in the warehouse with names and numbers applied. They are all blank.

Old
08-01-2010, 12:12 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Yes, that's correct. However, my statement is still fact: They do not manufacture authentic jerseys with names and numbers. When a customized order comes through, then they customize it. They don't have stacks of jerseys in the warehouse with names and numbers applied. They are all blank.
Jesus Christ.

Old
08-01-2010, 08:23 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Just me 2 cents, I dont know about anywhere else, but at the Coyotes arena, you can get a players name or number on the a replica, and they are sewn on, or your name and a number, and they are sewn on.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Just me 2 cents, I dont know about anywhere else, but at the Coyotes arena, you can get a players name or number on the a replica, and they are sewn on, or your name and a number, and they are sewn on.
That's done by the Coyotes, or a company contracted by them. Not Reebok.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 02:18 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
That's done by the Coyotes, or a company contracted by them. Not Reebok.
Touche.

O23L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Jesus Christ.
That's pretty much my feeling as you keep trying to prove my statement wrong. As much as you want to believe that Reebok has a warehouse full of authentic Crosby jerseys, they don't.

Old
08-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Heat McManus

Popcorn.

Last edited by Heat McManus: 08-04-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
TBLfan

Quote:
That's pretty much my feeling as you keep trying to prove my statement wrong. As much as you want to believe that Reebok has a warehouse full of authentic Crosby jerseys, they don't.
You mean me saying that Reebok sold jerseys with names and numbers, which you continually deny... even though later you acknowledged you can buy them from Reebok.

I NEVER said they were manufactured from the factory with names and numbers. I said they were available to purchase from Reebok.

Remember when you said:
Quote:
Reebok does not make authentic jerseys with names and numbers for retail sale. If you want an authentic, you have to buy it blank and have it customized. Anything you see on eBay stores or any other website that claims to be an authentic jersey with a name and number is fake.
Last time I checked when you buy a jersey from Reebok it comes from Reebok, customized or not. You're just being nit picky for the sake of an argument, grow up. I'm done conversing with you, go ahead and get your last word in so you feel like you made a point.

Old
08-06-2010, 01:57 AM
goord*

em, that's right. make sense for what you have said

goord* is offline   Reply With Quote