HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Do NOT feel sorry for Heatley!! Feel sorry for Synder & his family!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Spaceace

vCash: 500
Do NOT feel sorry for Heatley!! Feel sorry for Synder & his family!!

I,for one,am tired of people saying that they feel sorry for Heatley. Why?? NO ONE told him to haul ass in a RESIDENTIAL area and hit that pole. I feel sorry for Synder,who had NO control over what that friggen MORON did. When they were handing out common sense, Healtey was probably watching "The Fast & the Furious" for the 1,000th time. You can't cure stupidity.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
tom_servo

You wouldn't feel sorry for him if he were in the car alone?

He made a dumb move which he and Snyder are paying for dearly, and it's something he'll have to live for the rest of his life.

It's not hard to have sympathy for both guys at the same time.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:32 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by weight39
I,for one,am tired of people saying that they feel sorry for Heatley. Why?? NO ONE told him to haul ass in a RESIDENTIAL area and hit that pole. I feel sorry for Synder,who had NO control over what that friggen MORON did.
Have you ever been in that situation? I bet Snyder encouraged him or atleast helped the idea. I'm sure Heatley wouldn't be a big enough jerk to go that fast with Snyder freaking out and telling him to stop.

Quote:
When they were handing out common sense, Healtey was probably watching "The Fast & the Furious" for the 1,000th time. You can't cure stupidity.
Ignorant statement. I supposed you don't get out much or have a car.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:33 PM
gb701

Quote:
I,for one,am tired of people saying that they feel sorry for Heatley. Why?? NO ONE told him to haul ass in a RESIDENTIAL area and hit that pole. I feel sorry for Synder,who had NO control over what that friggen MORON did. When they were handing out common sense, Healtey was probably watching "The Fast & the Furious" for the 1,000th time. You can't cure stupidity.
Must be nice to be so perfect...but I guess "compassion" is too big a word?

This is hardly worth responding to...take any of the other strings, or commentary, and try to figure out "due process", "presumption of innocence" or some of the other principles involved.

You weren't there...you don't have all the facts...you don't know Heatley...do you actually know anything at all?

Old
10-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Spaceace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_servo
You wouldn't feel sorry for him if he were in the car alone?

He made a dumb move which he and Snyder are paying for dearly, and it's something he'll have to live for the rest of his life.

It's not hard to have sympathy for both guys at the same time.
No,I wouldn't feel sorry if it was just Heatley. Where was he when his parents told him about cars & speed?? Heatley is a result of his OWN actions, Synder is a result of SOMEONE ELSE'S moronic actions.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Jewelly

vCash:
I have compassion for both guys and their families, however, on a scale of 1-10 Synder gets a 10 and Heately gets a 1.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Spaceace

I am NOWHERE near "perfect", but I DO possess something called COMMON SENSE. I don't do 80 mph in a residential area. What if he would have hit & killed a child?? And yes I do own an automobile, black 1997 GMC Sonoma P/U,and I do get out much. You're probably just a little teenage punk who thinks it's cool to drive like a friggen dumbass.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Have you ever been in that situation? I bet Snyder encouraged him or atleast helped the idea. I'm sure Heatley wouldn't be a big enough jerk to go that fast with Snyder freaking out and telling him to stop.
I hope YOU don't have a car if you hold passengers responsible for your actions in it. It's Heatley's wheels. He has to maintain control of it, and he has to make sure anyone riding in it buckles up. Unless Snyder put his foot across the seat and stepped on the gas, Heatley ultimately bares the responsibility for his actions.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:41 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
I am NOWHERE near "perfect", but I DO possess something called COMMON SENSE. I don't do 80 mph in a residential area. What if he would have hit & killed a child?? And yes I do own an automobile, black 1997 GMC Sonoma P/U,and I do get out much. You're probably just a little teenage punk who thinks it's cool to drive like a friggen dumbass.
I'm sorry life didn't turn out the way you hoped.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Spaceace

Quiet down kiddie,let the grown-ups talk.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
I don't so much sympathize for Heatley for the broken jaw....but moreso the fact that he is gonna have to live with this for the rest of his life, and it will be very tough especially if Snyder doesn't pull through....I'm sorry but living with the fact that you put your friend and teammate in a coma/worse due to your own foolish mistake should at least evoke some sympathy IMHO....

Old
10-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Aerolanche

You can't tell me how to feel .

I feel for both families and players equally.

Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Accidents happen even without speed. There are accidents more serious where speed isn't even a factor. We really should calm down. What would have happened if speed wasn't a factor and the outcome was the same.

Dr Love

Quote:
When they were handing out common sense, Healtey was probably watching "The Fast & the Furious" for the 1,000th time. You can't cure stupidity.
Quote:
You're probably just a little teenage punk who thinks it's cool to drive like a friggen dumbass.
Quote:
Quiet down kiddie,let the grown-ups talk.
It must be nice making assumptions.

No, we shouldn't feel too sorry for Heatley. But we also shouldn't be throwing him under the bus.

Closed Thread