HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Samsonov

Old
08-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Ice Whole

vCash: 500
Sergei Samsonov

hey, I'm an Oilers fan but I was just wondering what's going on with Samsonov? I have always liked him, even when he was on Boston and especially on Edmonton in 06. So I was just wondering, how many points do you expect him to put up? and is he going to be on your starting line up next year, or are you looking to trade/buy him out?

Thanks

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
hey, I'm an Oilers fan but I was just wondering what's going on with Samsonov? I have always liked him, even when he was on Boston and especially on Edmonton in 06. So I was just wondering, how many points do you expect him to put up? and is he going to be on your starting line up next year, or are you looking to trade/buy him out?

Thanks

I don't have high expectations for him at all.

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Gr8Dan

Looking to trade him but not many teams are going to want his salary. Buying him out could be a possibility. At best will be a bottom 9 guy for the team. I expect ~30 points.

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

i'll be happy with 10 goals

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

I wonder how will like lines for first game..

Samsonov- Staal- Jokinen
Tlusty- Sutter- Cole
Boychuk- Nash/ Dalpe/ Matsumoto- Ruutu
Larose- Dwyer- Kostopoulos

Or

Samsonov- Staal- Jokinen
Tlusty- Sutter- Cole
Boychuk- Ruutu- LaRose
Osala- Dwyer- Kostopoulos

Would like to see Boychuk as a Staal LW.

Last edited by imayagainknowanson: 08-02-2010 at 03:54 PM.
imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dan View Post
bottom 9
¿Que?

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Samsonov- Staal- Jokinen
Samsonov- Staal- Jokinen
Boychuk- Nash/ Dalpe/ Matsumoto- Ruutu
Larose- Dwyer- Kostopoulos
I see a problem with production out of the top 2 lines...

Old
08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Guy

The only reason to expect anything out of Samsonov is that it's a contract year for him and that seems to be the only time he shows up. I hope that he gets hot early and we can push him off on someone at the deadline.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

We're looking to trade him, no one wants him, he's bottom 6, probably 3rd line.

As someone said above, look for around 25-30 points from him.

Yes, you may have him back. It'll only take Hall and Hemsky...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 05:16 PM
bb99

With the talent he is going to be forced to play with this year, I'd expect him to at least return to his 08-09 self. He is better than what last year shows and what the general overview of him is here.

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Gr8Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
¿Que?
Bottom 6 my bad lol...

Old
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Gr8Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb99 View Post
With the talent he is going to be forced to play with this year, I'd expect him to at least return to his 08-09 self. He is better than what last year shows and what the general overview of him is here.
Everytime I saw him on the PP with the puck, his "dance" was not the same as the year we picked him up from waivers. He keeps on dancing too much and loses the puck as the other team pins him to the boards. He has lost a step or so

Old
08-02-2010, 07:10 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I think Samsonov tries to do too much with his stickhandling, trying to skate around everyone. He needs to make his game a little simpler.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 03:44 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

It is a contract year, I wouldn't be surprised if he got hot.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave View Post
It is a contract year, I wouldn't be surprised if he got hot.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got hurt.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:12 AM
totalkev

Like I said in the Sutter thread on the same subject, I think projecting points for any Hurricanes player this season is an exercise in futility. The team is wide open this year. Samsonov could be on the first line getting power play time, or he could be a healthy scratch. There are openings all over the place and nobody knows who's going to be playing with whom. It's really messy at the moment.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dan View Post
Everytime I saw him on the PP with the puck, his "dance" was not the same as the year we picked him up from waivers. He keeps on dancing too much and loses the puck as the other team pins him to the boards. He has lost a step or so
What I saw was him getting into the zone, on the pp or not, and having to do the little dance for longer then he should becuase there was nobody set up to pass to. I couldn't count how many times I saw him get in, work a little on the boards and lose the puck while waiting for his linemates (Brindy and Kosto) to get their arses past the red line. That led to an inordinate amount of times where he had to dump it and go off on a change or just swallow it and give the D time to get set for the opposing rush.

Samsonov is not a guy who can do it alone, but thanks to the guys he was being put with, he never had much real help.

In short, I'm expecting him to do much better this year- because whatever happens, he'll have linemates with much younger legs who if nothing else can get across the blue line before he has to cough it up.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

I don't expect too much from him, but I have a strange hunch that Samsonov is going to score at least a couple of big goals for us this year. Low expectations + contract year + guy who never seems to quite play himself out of the league... I can see him having a big February or something like that.

Kinda like how if you leave spoiled food in the back of the fridge so long you forget it's even there, you might find some penicillin on it when you finally go to throw it out.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
bb99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
What I saw was him getting into the zone, on the pp or not, and having to do the little dance for longer then he should becuase there was nobody set up to pass to. I couldn't count how many times I saw him get in, work a little on the boards and lose the puck while waiting for his linemates (Brindy and Kosto) to get their arses past the red line. That led to an inordinate amount of times where he had to dump it and go off on a change or just swallow it and give the D time to get set for the opposing rush.

Samsonov is not a guy who can do it alone, but thanks to the guys he was being put with, he never had much real help.

In short, I'm expecting him to do much better this year- because whatever happens, he'll have linemates with much younger legs who if nothing else can get across the blue line before he has to cough it up.
That is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I typed what I did. I have no doubt that he will be better this year. Guess we'll see! Man, hockey season can't get here fast enough.

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
impeach estaalo

He will play on the first line and first PP unit for the entire season and score a stunning 47 (!!!) points.

Then he won't be re-signed and fans on Facebook will cry that Samsonov was so awesome and that we will never be able to replace his 47 points, and even if we could we couldn't replace his nice smile and friendly attitude that vaulted us all the way to 11th place in the conference.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
He will play on the first line and first PP unit for the entire season and score a stunning 47 (!!!) points.

Then he won't be re-signed and fans on Facebook will cry that Samsonov was so awesome and that we will never be able to replace his 47 points, and even if we could we couldn't replace his nice smile and friendly attitude that vaulted us all the way to 11th place in the conference.
They're finishing better than 11th. I have it anywhere from 6th to 9th.

Sens1Canes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:

LOL so true...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
geehaad

Quote:

I can't believe you wrote this...it's so ridiculous. You're not going to convince me that the Canes wouldn't resign him to a 3-year, $2.5M/per year contract after a 47-point season. Facebook fans have nothing to fear...

Old
08-04-2010, 10:52 AM
impeach estaalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I can't believe you wrote this...it's so ridiculous. You're not going to convince me that the Canes wouldn't resign him to a 3-year, $2.5M/per year contract after a 47-point season. Facebook fans have nothing to fear...
It just may happen. When you score at slightly more than .5PPG while averaging 18 minutes a game, you are officially in the elite category of the Top 200 forwards in the league. Those are pretty hard to find...and let's not forget that Samsonov was playing hurt for half the season and his numbers were also driven down by a 30 game "slump" where he scored 7 points...so really it's like a 90 point season. Sign this man, JR! You can't let him get away! I will cancel my season tickets that I don't have if you don't lock him up!

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

We better cut ties after this year... I just hope he plays well, helps us get to the playoffs and then is someone else's floater next year...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote