HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mink traded for Fast from STL, signs Callahan & Weaver

Old
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
This is how this thread is going.

IM AN AMERKS FAN, WAH WAH WAH WAH.

IM A PANTHERS FAN, AMERKS FANS ANNOY ME, WAH WAH WAH WAH.

Im off to the candy store to buy some more WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Amerk fans actually have a reason to be annoyed. For some reason Panther fans think they are better because they are "NHL" fans ; the AHL fans don't deserve to moan and be bitter. Bitterness is an institute for us god damn it.

Cheverie is staying in the NCAA.
Yeah, nothing to do with being an NHL fan, don't like how much they trash the Panthers or how they boo young rookies early in the season. Guess you're OK with that??

08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
Yeah I just can't believe how amerks fans think...? We're giving them the best goaltending prospect in the world, a very successful coach many others wanted for their own ahl teams, we're getting rid of players they had problems paying for last year, we're giving them more quality youths in jenks, comrie, robak etc, and we're still the worst parent club in the league...

I agree with many others on these boards, a divorce would be better sooner rather than later. Ungrateful pieces of something
Wait until we take Markstrom away and fail to replace him with an equally stellar goalie.

Quote:
For some reason Panther fans think they are better because they are "NHL" fans
Uh, no...?

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, nothing to do with being an NHL fan, don't like how much they trash the Panthers or how they boo young rookies early in the season. Guess you're OK with that??
Translation :

WAH WAH WAH WAH.

They booed somebody. It happens. This is a high level profession, Matthias should not have been inhibited by it.

You actually care that they trash us? Even if thats the case ; (Yeah, some of the Amerk fans on here are whiners) what does it matter.

We've been a pathetic organisation for over ten years.

And yes, absolutely it has something to do with the fact that we are NHL fans. Meaning, we see Rochester as nothing more than a feeder club. We only care about our prospects. Thats fine ; i don't really care if Rochester the club is successful as long as our prospects are developing. Rochester fans don't care about our prospects, they care about their team and winning. So when they whine, we are like "wtf, jog on, your our feeder team, you'll do what we say" kind of attitude.

Both organisations are clearly inept or have been ; and both sets of fans have two clashing priorities.

Which leads to this ;

WAH WAH WAH WAH

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Translation :

WAH WAH WAH WAH.

They booed somebody. It happens. This is a high level profession, Matthias should not have been inhibited by it.

You actually care that they trash us? Even if thats the case ; (Yeah, some of the Amerk fans on here are whiners) what does it matter.

And yes, absolutely it has something to do with the fact that we are NHL fans. Meaning, we see Rochester as nothing more than a feeder club. We only care about our prospects. Thats fine ; i don't really care if Rochester the club is successful as long as our prospects are developing. Rochester fans don't care about our prospects, they care about their team and winning. So when they whine, we are like "wtf, jog on, your our feeder team, you'll do what we say" kind of attitude.

Both organisations are clearly inept or have been ; and both sets of fans have two clashing priorities.

Which leads to this ;

WAH WAH WAH WAH

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

No, the simple courtesy of behaving like a guest on someone else's forum. If you went to any team's board and acted borderline hostile, they'd call you out on it too.

Old
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
No, the simple courtesy of behaving like a guest on someone else's forum. If you went to any team's board and acted borderline hostile, they'd call you out on it too.
Yeah, the rent i pay to maintain this forum is a joke. I mean, you have no idea how much battery life it drains from my laptop to use this forum. I don't think the return on investment is high enough to justify our investment anymore.

So for guests to have the sheer audacity to enter our establishment and **** on our parade.

Almost makes me want to get out of the forum ownership industry. Really does.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You can belittle it all you want. There's a reason forums are divided by team.

Old
08-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Translation :

WAH WAH WAH WAH.

Which leads to this ;

WAH WAH WAH WAH
Not true, great post though.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
keithLGA

Quote:
Cheverie is staying in the NCAA.
I don't think he can since he already signed an entry level deal. I could be wrong, but once you go pro you usually can't keep playing college sports.

As far as everything else goes, everyone wants to win and everyones frustrated. The Amerks and Panthers are related, that's why a few of us come here. Pretty silly to say we are intruding or whatever.

Laus, i think its time to move on from the Matthias thing.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 12:46 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
I don't think he can since he already signed an entry level deal. I could be wrong, but once you go pro you usually can't keep playing college sports.

As far as everything else goes, everyone wants to win and everyones frustrated. The Amerks and Panthers are related, that's why a few of us come here. Pretty silly to say we are intruding or whatever.

Laus, i think its time to move on from the Matthias thing.
I didn't know he had signed a contract. I had read that he was planning on staying in the NCAA for his final year.

Oh and i agree, you aren't intruding - because you have as much right to post anything Florida panther related (which Rochester is) in this sub section as any one else. Whether you are a whiner or not is different

Oh, and Laus will never let the Matthias thing go. But then i think ; good for him. I like a man with principles. When things are tough for Shawn, he'll always have one true fan. Its the stuff medicore films are made about.

Is this definitely the final year for the agreement?

Old
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Tranq

Quote:
I like a man with principles. When things are tough for Shawn, he'll always have one true fan. Its the stuff medicore films are made about.
dude post more often

Tranq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Chaos2k7

Cheverie should start for Cinncinati no?

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
Cheverie should start for Cinncinati no?
Hopefully that's what will happen. I'm thinking Plante gets traded for a forward and that leaves us with 3 goalies in Rochester still. Hopefully there's room for Cheverie to be one of the top 2 goalies in Cincy. Comrie should probably go to Cincinatti as well if he isn't a regular top 6 guy in Rochester.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Hopefully that's what will happen. I'm thinking Plante gets traded for a forward and that leaves us with 3 goalies in Rochester still. Hopefully there's room for Cheverie to be one of the top 2 goalies in Cincy. Comrie should probably go to Cincinatti as well if he isn't a regular top 6 guy in Rochester.
Can we trade Plante in the AHL and maintain his NHL rights? I know we can loan them.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
Can we trade Plante in the AHL and maintain his NHL rights? I know we can loan them.
No, because he's signed to an NHL 2-way. We can only loan him.

Old
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
No, because he's signed to an NHL 2-way. We can only loan him.
Hmmm, I wonder if we could get away with a loan for loan type of thing.

I'm just worried we wouldn't get equal value for Plante, seeing as the goalie pool is getting overloaded in hockey.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:

I'm just worried we wouldn't get equal value for Plante, seeing as the goalie pool is getting overloaded in hockey.
Probably.

Old
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Did you guys know Clay Wilson is on a one-way contract?

8 d-men at the moment.
He'll be traded soon. If they won't pay Mink 275K, they won't pay Wilson almost twice that to play in Rochester.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Quote:

Is this possible? And if so is would it be for the whole season guaranteed or could one team just take a player back when they wanted to. MR do you know how loans work?

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Is this possible? And if so is would it be for the whole season guaranteed or could one team just take a player back when they wanted to. MR do you know how loans work?
If he's loaned, he's gone for the season.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Did you guys know Clay Wilson is on a one-way contract?

8 d-men at the moment.
That just means he'll get his NHL salary regardless of where he plays. By no means does that ensure a roster spot.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
That just means he'll get his NHL salary regardless of where he plays. By no means does that ensure a roster spot.
no, here it means you get traded

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

My liking Matthias has nothing to do with it. Them booing Matthias seems to be who they are as fans, it just encompasses it into a quick example.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 10:42 AM
jol

Quote:
Weaver, Garrison, Gud, and Paestch will fight for the #5-7 spots. If Gud doesn't get a top 6 spot, he'll go back to Kingston for one more year. The good thing about Paestch is that he can play forward too.
Speculating if Gubranson makes team or not, might be just academical speculation if he hasn't signed contract by season start. Any update on that, I think both #1 and #2 signed already with their teams?
And if you look at Panthers defence corp I would be hugely disappointed if he doesn't make team, it would mean that he has flopped in training camp (or this year's draft has been overrated). Also if he is about to make team, will Tallon send somebody with one-way contract to Rochester (or trade will happen) or would it be typical outcome of GM's handbook, you have player with one way contract and Gudbranson with two way (not even that actually) and he will be shipped back to juniors to develop his skills.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Georgia Panther

Can't say I'll be disappointed if Gudbranson doesn't make the team this season. The two words you can associate with Tallon so far seem to be patience and competition. Patience because he seems to be relying on youth and draft picks to eventually get the Panthers where we all want them to be, a yearly Playoff Participant and Serious Cup Contender, and Competition, everyone must compete for a spot on the roster and enough bodies in Camp to insure no one is just handed a position or role.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote