HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators Mt. Puckmore - Results are IN! - Do you agree or disagree?

View Poll Results: Who would be on your Predators Mt. Puckmore? (Choose FOUR)
Martin Erat 2 4.00%
David Legwand 35 70.00%
Paul Kariya 3 6.00%
David Poile 27 54.00%
Cliff Ronning 5 10.00%
Steve Sullivan 13 26.00%
Ryan Suter 10 20.00%
Kimmo Timonen 0 0%
Jordin Tootoo 4 8.00%
Barry Trotz 38 76.00%
Scott Walker 1 2.00%
Pete Weber/Terry Crisp 5 10.00%
Shea Weber 39 78.00%
Tomas Vokoun 17 34.00%
OTHER - Specify in thread 2 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Predators Mt. Puckmore - Results are IN! - Do you agree or disagree?

Quote:
Welcome to Puck Daddy's August series, "Mount Puckmore" which will feature fans, bloggers and various media personalities of all 30 teams choosing the four defining faces of their franchise. These four people are who you remember most when you think of these teams -- whether they be players, coaches or executives. We'll be running these daily for the rest of the month.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...medium=twitter

I think three of the four faces are simple to choose, but the fourth is drawing quite a bit of debate...

Who would be on your Predators Mt. Puckmore? Choose FOUR from the options above and please feel free to select OTHER and list your opinion here...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

where are the choices? is this supposed to be a poll?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
where are the choices? is this supposed to be a poll?
Yeah, sorry...got distracted for a minute. I hate that the thread posts before the poll is complete...

It's up now...

Old
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

since we're a system/defensively driven team ... I went with Suter, Weber, Poile & Trotz

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Seth Lake

Mod note:

Due to "rookie" status regulations anyone who has not reached 45 days since registering AND who has less than 15 posts is not able to vote in the poll. Rookie status expires after 45 days from your registration date and after you have made 15 posts. Please PM either BFC or myself with any questions regarding this.

Therefore, please post your selections here in the thread and we'll add them to the final tally.

Thanks!

Old
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Trotz, Poile, Vokoun, and the wildly unpopular but historically appropriate choice...

Leipold.

Vokoun is the only player I chose because I feel that he, more than anything else, pushed this team from its expansion phase to the competitive phase.

Leipold founded the team. As bad as the sale was, he still gets historical credit in my book.

IMO Weber, Suter and even *gulp* Legwand will all eventually be "mountain worthy" but not at this point of their careers...

Old
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Trotz, Poile, Vokoun, and the wildly unpopular but historically appropriate choice...

Leipold.

Vokoun is the only player I chose because I feel that he, more than anything else, pushed this team from its expansion phase to the competitive phase.

Leipold founded the team. As bad as the sale was, he still gets historical credit in my book.

IMO Weber, Suter and even *gulp* Legwand will all eventually be "mountain worthy" but not at this point of their careers...
I came really close to adding Leipold to the poll over Weber/Crisp for that reason, but decided not to at the last minute because of the fact that Weber/Crisp are still here, while Leipold has moved on and owns another franchise...

Ultimately, I think David Freeman's face would be better suited if I was going to head in that direction for the fact that he put together and is still the majority shareholder of the group that bought the team from Leipold and kept them in Nashville...

Old
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I came really close to adding Leipold to the poll over Weber/Crisp for that reason, but decided not to at the last minute because of the fact that Weber/Crisp are still here, while Leipold has moved on and owns another franchise...

Ultimately, I think David Freeman's face would be better suited if I was going to head in that direction for the fact that he put together and is still the majority shareholder of the group that bought the team from Leipold and kept them in Nashville...
dont disagree at all. Freeman certainly deserves considertion, and cerrtainly if the team is still here and is vibrant in 10-15 years we will likely owe it more to freeman than anything else

Old
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I cant vote by about 5 days

Poile and Trotz are obvious choices. They ARE the Nashville Predators.

As much as i hate to say it, Legwand has to go on here. He was our first ever draft pick, and has been part of this since day 1. After a few years (and a few Norris Trophies), Shea "Freaking" Weber will take this spot.

My final choice is the saviour of Nashville Hockey: David Freeman. Regardless of the aftermath that followed, he had a large part in making sure we are, and will stay, the Nashville Predators.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I had Sully, Trotz, Weber and Vokoun.

Sully because of what he withstood to return to hockey--Preds mentality, there.

Trotz because he's our longest tenured head coach to date. ;-)

Weber because he hits shots that go through nets.

Vokoun because he put this team on his shoulders on 12/12/02 and almost got us to the playoffs after that horrendous start to the season. He stopped the puck. Sigh.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
lstcyr

I out Trotz and Poile for their longevity. Weber for who he is and will continually to be for us. And, finally, Tootoo. Even though Legwand has been here from the beginning, I think Tootoo is still the best known name in the community. I just like the little cannonball.

lstcyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I had Sully, Trotz, Weber and Vokoun.

Ours were close...I had Legwand instead of Trotz. I just went players only.

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:49 PM
kivaerijo

also went with poile/trotz/weber...and had suter, but switched it to tootoo. think tootoo is the most recognized name in this town anyway when it come to the predators

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Trotz and Poile. If you didn't vote for them, your right to vote should be revoked.

Candidates for the next two spots:
Legwand--Longevity....and....well, that's all.
CL--Started it all, then almost killed it.
The New Ownership Group--Saved It
Pete/Terry--Faces and voices of the Preds
Weber--First homegrown star of real magnitude. Projecting what we expect from his career, rather than just career to date. Symbolizes the fruition of "the plan" for players and the promise of a brighter future ahead.
Smithson's Butt--C'mon, a huge butt carved into stone on a mountain top? That's funny.
The Goat Picture--Been around since the beginning of the franchise and symbolizes the dozens of guys that must of had a copy of it or why else did they ever see the ice?
The Fan--You and me, and you know why. Put Gnash's face up their to recognize us all.

I decided on Poile, Trotz, The Fan, and Weber.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Legionnaire11

First three picks were easiest...

Trotz, Poile and Legwand. They have all been here since the beginning, these three ARE the predators.

The fourth choice went to Crisp/Weber also due to the longevity and they have as much to do with teaching hockey to new fans as anyone else in Nashville. However, if Shea Weber signs a long term deal and dominates here for 10+ seasons, he will take their spot.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I actually didn't see Poile's name as I skimmed through the list. If one of you fine mods could take away my vote for Vokoun and put it to DP in the final tally I'd appreciate it.

Trotz, Weber, and Legwand were my other three. The only reason I chose Vokie to be replace with Poile instead of Legwand is because I can see Leggy retiring a Predator, and thus being in the mustard and blue for his entire NHL career. I still love Vokie.

edit: Smither's butt and Uppie's hair get honorable mentions from me just because of their frequent, if not so lately, appearances on Predator polls. That should count for something

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
First three picks were easiest...

Trotz, Poile and Legwand. They have all been here since the beginning, these three ARE the predators.

The fourth choice went to Crisp/Weber also due to the longevity and they have as much to do with teaching hockey to new fans as anyone else in Nashville. However, if Shea Weber signs a long term deal and dominates here for 10+ seasons, he will take their spot.
I agree with the top 3 no doubt.

But my #4 and #5 would have to be,

#4 Shea Weber - first ever predator drafted captain, best overall player ever drafted by predators, best player to ever play on predators (remember we had Forsberg in his later years), He is currently the face of our franchise, and I guarantee!!! that he is signing looong term!

#5 Cliff Ronning - I remember 7 games into our inaugural season, we signed him as a FA. He was awesome for us! He is our "small guy" and I was so stocked when we picked him up way back when, I knew that he was good and was very pleased about the acquisition. Ronning was the Predators first ever major acquisition IMO. He is our Theo Fleury! Will always be remembered, led team in scoring for first ever season as well!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I actually didn't see Poile's name as I skimmed through the list. If one of you fine mods could take away my vote for Vokoun and put it to DP in the final tally I'd appreciate it.

Trotz, Weber, and Legwand were my other three. The only reason I chose Vokie to be replace with Poile instead of Legwand is because I can see Leggy retiring a Predator, and thus being in the mustard and blue for his entire NHL career. I still love Vokie.

edit: Smither's butt and Uppie's hair get honorable mentions from me just because of their frequent, if not so lately, appearances on Predator polls. That should count for something
in between Ronning & Kariya

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:35 PM
JR303

Poile, Trotz, and Legwand were the easy choices. I was 50/50 on Vokoun and Weber. My vote was Weber, but it hurt because Vokoun was the "first" true Predator.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:47 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Thought Trotz and Poile were obvious; really think there are 3 other guys tough to choose between. Leggy - our #1, and while he's not been the offensive force we'd all like, he lives Trotzy's system and he still is a very good player and leader.
PK - our first big FA signing - the mark that showed we were serious, and "real" players saw us as a serious place to play.
Vokie - cause his play really pushed this team into a playoff team that could be in any game any time.

In the end, I took:
Leggy - altho I think 5 years from now it'll still be Trotz and Poile, but Shea will probably replace Leggy, &
PK - because without PK, we don't sign Arnie, we don't re-sign JP - and without them I'm not sure we're not rooting for the KC Preds. (Freeman is my pick to replace him down the road, assuming we are a viable franchise 10 years from now)

Vokie kinda' loses out, I think, because I don't think Vokie coulda' quite pushed us where he did without Sully.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM
glenngineer

I think I have go choose only on ice talent for this poll. I just saw the Bruins 4 selections and they were all players so I'm gonna with that as precedent.

1. Legwand-First ever draft pick and still here to this day. Epitomizes what a Predator player is

2. Vokoun-Our first real all-star caliber player that could steal games on his own for us

3. Sullivan-One of the best trades Poile has ever made and our first player to ever win a major award. Also a heart and soul guy that other players will go to battle with on a nightly basis

4. Weber-The first home grown talent to bring home a gold medal from the Olympics. The future of this franchise

Honorable mention to Kariya as our first big free agent signing.

Walker gets second honorable mention for being another Predator type player. Worked his way up from a 4th line guy to a solid top 6 guy for us and another guy that would go to battle with his teammates every night.

Last edited by glenngineer: 08-04-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Adding more content.
glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Mod note:

Due to "rookie" status regulations anyone who has not reached 45 days since registering AND who has less than 15 posts is not able to vote in the poll. Rookie status expires after 45 days from your registration date and after you have made 15 posts. Please PM either BFC or myself with any questions regarding this.

Therefore, please post your selections here in the thread and we'll add them to the final tally.

Thanks!
Hurray, I'm not the only person who has to explain this!

As an outsider, Legwand, Weber, Trotz and Polie. Those are the four names which I associate with the Nashville Predators.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Pattypred

I had to go with

Poile: master crafter of the Nashville Predators
Trotz: Coach that can make lemonade out of just lemons
Legwand: Our 1st draft choice and I think one of the best defensive centermen in the league.
Weber: Just because he is Shea "Freakin" Weber

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Weber, Poile, Suter, Legwand

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
BigFatCat999