HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Martin Frk - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2012 Draft)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2010, 11:22 PM
  #101
Finnish Your Czechs
Registered User
 
Finnish Your Czechs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 50
I'd like to buy a vowel ....

Has anyone made that joke yet?

Finnish Your Czechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 09:02 AM
  #102
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
i have seen Frk play, he is a better talent than Jakub Voracek and Martin Frolik at the same age, I really think he is a player that will be a superstar in the CHL and possibly be the 1st overall pick in 2012 draft he is that good...I don't think Czech has a player coming from them with his talent in a LONG time.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM
  #103
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
i have seen Frk play, he is a better talent than Jakub Voracek and Martin Frolik at the same age, I really think he is a player that will be a superstar in the CHL and possibly be the 1st overall pick in 2012 draft he is that good...I don't think Czech has a player coming from them with his talent in a LONG time.
I politely disagree, I actually think that both Voracek and Frolik were better at the same age.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
  #104
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I politely disagree, I actually think that both Voracek and Frolik were better at the same age.
But isn't Frk a little bit slowed down due to those PIMs he's taking? I think he wouldn't be taking so many PIMs in north america and would become even better thanks to that.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
  #105
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I politely disagree, I actually think that both Voracek and Frolik were better at the same age.
i politely say that is your opinion...IMO Frk is beyond Voracek and Frolik at that age, and I think it is a bit of a gap too...Frk IMO has to potential to be amazing, Voracek never had super star potential, he had star quality but lacked that step to be one step further, Frk is fiesty, has a really bad temper which he has to workon but he is only young...his hands, and offensive skills dewarf voracek and froliks.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2010, 10:30 PM
  #106
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
But isn't Frk a little bit slowed down due to those PIMs he's taking? I think he wouldn't be taking so many PIMs in north america and would become even better thanks to that.
That's exactly what I've been thinking, I mean, even if he plays 60 games for Halifax next season(assuming he does report) I doubt he would even approach the PIM totals he had last season. I have no doubt that he is tough as nails, but he'd be up against a lot of players who could destroy him, and would have refs who don't give out penalties for hard, clean bodychecks.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 07:22 PM
  #107
SensFan26
Registered User
 
SensFan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
He will be attending Mooseheads training camp.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
  #108
sickest flow bro
Registered User
 
sickest flow bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
He will be attending Mooseheads training camp.
Now I have to allocate some of my student loan to seasons tickets

sickest flow bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
  #109
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
He`s frking good!
I laughed!

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:36 PM
  #110
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 50
Hall-Frk-Hemsky
MPS-Gagner-Eberle
Penner-Horcoff-Brule
Jones-Lander-Stortini


Whitney-Gilbert
Smid-Larsson
Petry-Peckham




This is frking great.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:25 AM
  #111
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,218
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Hall-Frk-Hemsky
MPS-Gagner-Eberle
Penner-Horcoff-Brule
Jones-Lander-Stortini


Whitney-Gilbert
Smid-Larsson
Petry-Peckham




This is frking great.
Your Frking high if you think hes going to EDM.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:02 AM
  #112
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
It is very probable that Frk won't play in Canada, because he left there without permission of his czech club athough he and his agent has signed valid contract there. He just escaped and it's of course against law. Hockey Canada is still member of IIHF, so he won't be allowed to play there. Really sad this is real practice of CHL clubs.

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...ubu_do_kanady_

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:27 AM
  #113
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
It is very probable that Frk won't play in Canada, because he left there without permission of his czech club athough he and his agent has signed valid contract there. He just escaped and it's of course against law. Hockey Canada is still member of IIHF, so he won't be allowed to play there. Really sad this is real practice of CHL clubs.

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...ubu_do_kanady_
Wow he sounds pretty pissed! ... So I'm not sure all the details on how this will work anybody with more knowledge of the Czech league wanna share their knowledge?

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:36 AM
  #114
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Wow he sounds pretty pissed! ... So I'm not sure all the details on how this will work anybody with more knowledge of the Czech league wanna share their knowledge?
GM of Karlovy Vary just said they signed him like pro, his contract is registered and valid. And also that his agent broke agreements they had. He said if he won't come back, they will want IIHF to ban him on playing in the leagues of all it's members. Of course Hockey Canada as well.

How can CHL club even accept to their pre season camp player, who has valid contract in different team in different country without talking to that team?

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:43 AM
  #115
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
GM of Karlovy Vary just said they signed him like pro, his contract is registered and valid. And also that his agent broke agreements they had. He said if he won't come back, they will want IIHF to ban him on playing in the leagues of all it's members. Of course Hockey Canada as well.

How can CHL club even accept to their pre season camp player, who has valid contract in different team in different country without talking to that team?
So does it appear this will be a case for the IIHF?

I did the google translation and it appears they are not interested in compensation they want the player to be returned ... Am I understanding this properly?

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM
  #116
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
So does it appear this will be a case for the IIHF?

I did the google translation and it appears they are not interested in compensation they want the player to be returned ... Am I understanding this properly?
Yes, they want him returned, because he is their player (he signed a pro contract till 2013)

What's worse is that if he didn't come back, he'd probably be banned from the national team, and that would suck badly.

There is also an issue with sponsorship too. A lot of the sponsors will start to question whether it's worse investing in youth if the best players just get stolen away?

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:08 AM
  #117
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
So does it appear this will be a case for the IIHF?

I did the google translation and it appears they are not interested in compensation they want the player to be returned ... Am I understanding this properly?
Yes, they refused compensation, but there is nothing Halifax can legally do about that.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:12 AM
  #118
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
I don't think him playing there until 2013 is unreasonable either considering he gets drafted in 2012 then plays 1 more year. I don't see where Halifax can keep him because he signed a contract along with his parents and agent. Why bother having a contract if it's not worth the paper it's written on?

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:32 AM
  #119
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Yes, they want him returned, because he is their player (he signed a pro contract till 2013)

What's worse is that if he didn't come back, he'd probably be banned from the national team, and that would suck badly.

There is also an issue with sponsorship too. A lot of the sponsors will start to question whether it's worse investing in youth if the best players just get stolen away?
Yeah, that would be awful, but very probable if he doesn't come back. I hope it works out in some way soon.

1) He comes back and everything is ok.
2) Halifax gives Karlovy Vary compensation they can accept and they let him go. But to me it seems they aren't interested in any amount of money.
3) He stays in Canada against will of Karlovy Vary, this is the worst way and I hope it won't happen.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
  #120
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Here is Frk's agents response to the issue:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...lanek&id=48687

Machala reckons that KV only care about selling him for a good price to Russia. and that he was pressured into signing a contract (he was told that if he didn't sign he'd have to leave the club) In his contract he'd make 5000 crowns a month, which is about how much a cleaning lady gets!

Apparently he'd be the Captain of the Juniors and might play for the main team if he stayed.


Last edited by Swipes: 08-05-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
  #121
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Here is Frk's agents response to the issue:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...lanek&id=48687

Machala reckons that KV only care about selling him for a good price to Russia. and that he was pressured into signing a contract (he was told that if he didn't sign he'd have to leave the club) In his contract he'd make 5000 crowns a month, which is about how much a cleaning lady gets!

Apparently he'd be the Captain of the Juniors and might play for the main team if he stayed.
imo it's all mistake of agent Machala. First he let his client sign that contract and then he says it's all wrong and takes him to Canada? I think it probably has to do something with relations beetween GM Vanek and Machala, maybe even not related to Frk.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:38 AM
  #122
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,328
vCash: 500
If he was returned is it even certain he would be a member of the Senior Team? Also, I know translation isn't great but what's this about him being sold to Russia if I understand correctly?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
  #123
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
If he was returned is it even certain he would be a member of the Senior Team? Also, I know translation isn't great but what's this about him being sold to Russia if I understand correctly?
No it wouldn't be at all certain. And now that he's kicked up such a fuss, he's gonna get a proper rap over the knuckles if he returns....As for being sold to russia, Machala just suggests that's what the KV manager might do to make some money off him.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
  #124
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 532
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
imo it's all mistake of agent Machala. First he let his client sign that contract and then he says it's all wrong and takes him to Canada? I think it probably has to do something with relations beetween GM Vanek and Machala, maybe even not related to Frk.
Yes, it is his mistake. He should have thought about it more. But he says he thought KV acted in Frk's interests at first. But then he apparently realized that the conditions under which he'd have to stay were unacceptable for a player of his calibre.

Basically, I reckon if he comes back they'll stick him in the juniors for a year (cos they'll be pissed at him) and he'll rot (as in he'd make little progress)

Or, they'll forgive him and his contract is much better than Machala says it is (which is possible)

So it's probably best he stays in Canada. Or better, he tries to go to another club in the czech rep. where he'll get a better opportunity to play (and given his talent, this won't be hard)

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
  #125
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,328
vCash: 500
If sold to Russia the best he can hope for is MHL, I really don't get this and have not heard of this happening before.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.