HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should the Habs draft players Friday ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
  #1
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Should the Habs draft players Friday ?

Bob Gainey has probably notice, like all of us, that his team needs grit and muscle badly.

This is a list of players that might help the team. I would pick two of them and release Juneau and Dackell to open available spots.

Rich Brennan
Eric Bolton
Steve Bégin
Shawn Thornton
Rocky Thompson
Todd Harvey
Dennis Bonvie
Ron Petrovicky
Todd Simpson
Reid Simpson.

Have you notices that CZERKAWSKI has NOT been protected by Milbury !!!!

habitue* is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 05:20 PM
  #2
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Green

As my friend Carbo_21 and I have agreed, it would be real nice to get Green. we can get him regardless of the rules, we can mandate a team to get him for us, for that we offer them a pick (Dallas did that last year to get robidas)
We pick Green and release Dackel, juneau could play the at the left of Green.
Green is only 1.6M, and that money will be freed when a team will pick dykhuis from the waiver (he is among the top 3 d-man availble. and Washington needs help. TO will most likely pick Therrien)

once we get Green, The best thing would be, as Carbo_21 and I have agreed, to get rid of both juneau and Perrault since in Green we have a defensive player (Juneau) and a faceoff man (perrault) but that's not all, Green comes with the tucker option (dirty talk, cheap shot, hitting)

alexstream is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
  #3
Drunk World Order
Registered User
 
Drunk World Order's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Harvey would look good in a habs uniform...a very tenacious hard worker...with a ton of grit and a good defensive forward...he has good leader ship abilities...and is still young at 28 with 9 years of experience...Hopefully Gainet will take a long look at him...but I'm sure other teams will be looking at him as well!!!...I would be very surprised to see him not get picked!

Drunk World Order is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 06:24 PM
  #4
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
If you want Grit just Take 6f5 Chris Therien and he can play hockey.( But 2million/season)

Look at our D

Brisebois
Komisarek
Rivet
Hainsey
Bouillon
Markov
Quintal
Sourray

No room for him but by far the best player available that we need ( a side for CuJo but no need for a 8million goalie )

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 06:34 PM
  #5
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Bob Gainey has probably notice, like all of us, that his team needs grit and muscle badly.

This is a list of players that might help the team. I would pick two of them and release Juneau and Dackell to open available spots.

Rich Brennan
Eric Bolton
Steve Bégin
Shawn Thornton
Rocky Thompson
Todd Harvey
Dennis Bonvie
Ron Petrovicky
Todd Simpson
Reid Simpson.

Have you notices that CZERKAWSKI has NOT been protected by Milbury !!!!


You can't take Begin as he play for a team that Is In the same Conference as Montreal.If you really want Begin you have to asked to a team to picked him and than after you get him by a trade

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
  #6
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
1 question: isnt this year the last one of Juneau contract? If the answer is yes. Then...

If someone ask for Dykhuis in waiver. Montreal would save 1.6 million right there. Would probably be enought to buy out Juneau and then bring in a Green at 1.6 M (Juneau also just higher than 2 M$). I consider that Green would be better than Juneau in a 3rd line center in Montreal.

Green is still 2 years younger and still put 10 goals as a minimum every year (of course this is absolutly not sure in montreal...), is taller, bigger. Have more grit and is better in the faceoff.

Green Juneau
Height: 6'2" Height: 6'
Weight: 205 Weight: 195

Anksun is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 06:45 PM
  #7
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Todd Harvey would definitely be a good pickup.

Theoren Fleury, F
Claude Lemieux, F (bring him back for a year, then make him an assistant coach - under Carbo??)
Curtis Joseph, G (grab him, pick up a few million and then trade him?)
Alexandre Daigle, F
Bill Muckalt, F
Joe Murphy, F (huh?)
Brian Savage, F
Brian Boucher, G
Travis Green, F
Brad Leeb, F
Harold Druken, F


Stephane Beauregard, G (this guy is still around?)

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
10-01-2003, 06:47 PM
  #8
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
1 question: isnt this year the last one of Juneau contract? If the answer is yes. Then...

If someone ask for Dykhuis in waiver. Montreal would save 1.6 million right there. Would probably be enought to buy out Juneau and then bring in a Green at 1.6 M (Juneau also just higher than 2 M$). I consider that Green would be better than Juneau in a 3rd line center in Montreal.

Green is still 2 years younger and still put 10 goals as a minimum every year (of course this is absolutly not sure in montreal...), is taller, bigger. Have more grit and is better in the faceoff.

Green Juneau
Height: 6'2" Height: 6'
Weight: 205 Weight: 195
I agree, Green would be a nice catch. I still think Fleury wouldn't be bad if you shift Zednik to LW and move Bulis to the checking line. But he is another small guy...

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 04:57 AM
  #9
Alcoholica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montréal
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Why Miloslav Guren still belongs to Canadiens???

Alcoholica is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 05:37 AM
  #10
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Harvey is EXACTLY what we need...I would take Harvey over Green in a second, and I found out that he make 1.3 million...I really hope Gainey picks him up.

Cap

Capitano is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 06:46 AM
  #11
CHareth
Registered User
 
CHareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Claude Lemieux, F (bring him back for a year, then make him an assistant coach - under Carbo??)
Oh God NO!

CHareth is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 06:54 AM
  #12
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Yes. Draft a goon or a defenseman. Take Dwyer off the protected list. No one will pick him but the drafted player remains with the Habs.

Corey is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 07:52 AM
  #13
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
My waiver draft predictions (as first stated in the Ivan Novoseltsev thread):

first waiver draft prediction:
Ivan Novoseltev will be the first player choosen

second waiver draft prediction:

Karl Dyhkuis WILL be picked up by somebody. He isn't overpaid and could help a team needed a veteran 5th/6th/7th type guy.

third waiver draft prediction:

Montreal will not make a pick up, simply because any player they would be interested in will be gone by the time thay choose. Don't see Montreal having any interest in picking up a veteran. Only players that I could see interesting Mtl are Novoseltsev type (skilled younger players). Don't see any left by the time we choose.

Darz is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 08:05 AM
  #14
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,576
vCash: 500
I think Harvey is the man simply because Green won't be around. Harvey is a bit banged up tho and is strictly a 4th liner, but he would make us much tougher. Novoseltsov is a p*ssy.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 08:22 AM
  #15
red alert 23
Registered User
 
red alert 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: montreal
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Todd Harvey would definitely be a good pickup.

Theoren Fleury, F
Claude Lemieux, F (bring him back for a year, then make him an assistant coach - under Carbo??)
Curtis Joseph, G (grab him, pick up a few million and then trade him?)
Alexandre Daigle, F
Bill Muckalt, F
Joe Murphy, F (huh?)
Brian Savage, F
Brian Boucher, G
Travis Green, F
Brad Leeb, F
Harold Druken, F


Stephane Beauregard, G (this guy is still around?)
LOL !!! Beauregard sells car in St-Jean sur le Richelieu
How about Daniel Berthiaume or Dominic Roussel

red alert 23 is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 09:01 AM
  #16
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,648
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
We don't have room for any marginal player like those.

we will already start the year with 0 rookie

Beatnik is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 03:15 PM
  #17
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
My waiver draft predictions (as first stated in the Ivan Novoseltsev thread):

first waiver draft prediction:
Ivan Novoseltev will be the first player choosen

second waiver draft prediction:

Karl Dyhkuis WILL be picked up by somebody. He isn't overpaid and could help a team needed a veteran 5th/6th/7th type guy.

third waiver draft prediction:

Montreal will not make a pick up, simply because any player they would be interested in will be gone by the time thay choose. Don't see Montreal having any interest in picking up a veteran. Only players that I could see interesting Mtl are Novoseltsev type (skilled younger players). Don't see any left by the time we choose.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread!!!

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 03:26 PM
  #18
legaspesien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: la gaspesie
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
Willis

The best pick is 26 years old Shane Willis from Tampa

legaspesien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.