HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh/Boston/Edmonton 3-Way

Old
08-05-2010, 12:43 AM
TheSilencer

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=IrishPaulie;27218293]The Bruins - Would say yes but have no room to play him him. So that essentially a no.

The Oilers - Would say no. Eberle > Colborne. Eberle and Hall played together very effectively on WJC squad.

Pens - Would say no. Do they really have the defensive depth to part with an up and coming offensive defensemen?[/QUOTE]

Yes, They do.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Rakunitz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
So by what you are saying because a player has played in the NHL they are worth more. Shake your head. Even if Eberle ended up being a bust in 3 years time at this point in time his stock is so high in Edmonton at this point you would have to throw Staal in the deal.
I remember 8th grade, back in the day, when I learned grammar. What's your excuse?

What I'm saying is that goligoski is worth far more to the Penguins because of what he is, and what he makes, than anyone else would be willing to trade. I don't care about someones name, I don't care who you trade, gogo is worth more. I think you should discontinue the ******* of your teams prospects and descend back into reality. Gogo is greater than Eberle, and until Eberle shows up, on a roster, in the regular season, for an NHL team, Gogo is better. The fact he makes 1.8 million on a cap strapped team makes him a whole hell of a lot better.

Also, you even mentioning Staal in a trade....hilarious. I feel as though guys like Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, etc etc, would have all benefited from your superior intelligence and your amazing comedic gift you were oh so blessed with. I would love to trade Staal for an unproven commodity, and apparently you would too. If only Ray Shero were as intelligent as we are. If only the management of the Pittsburgh Penguins understood the 'real' value of Staal and Goligoski, they would trade them for your Edmonton Prospects. As a Penguins fan, I'm really ashamed that Ray doesn't understand what the value of your prospects is, in relation to his full time players. It's shameful someone managing a real, nhl team, has the guts to assume his, full time NHL, players are worth more than your prospects, because of message board commenters' 'hockey knowledge' and the fact they have zero basis of knowledge as far as knowing how one guy will play with someone, compared with another. We can all speculate how Eberle will play with Crosby, but until Eberle actually plays a game, we won't have any idea. It's amazing that your telekinesis allows us to all know, in advance, how your player will play with out superstar. Thank you for divining us with your amazing gift; one that none of us will ever be gifted with having. I think you should run the league.

Please. Get a life

When you make the playoffs, give me a call. Shake your head.

Rakunitz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Mukluk*

^^^ I really like this post.

Goes on and on and on for like 6 sentences about crystal balls and predicting the future, ends with get a life and a playoff jab, and is entirely wrong to top it off.

Great post

Mukluk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakunitz23 View Post
I remember 8th grade, back in the day, when I learned grammar. What's your excuse?

What I'm saying is that goligoski is worth far more to the Penguins because of what he is, and what he makes, than anyone else would be willing to trade. I don't care about someones name, I don't care who you trade, gogo is worth more. I think you should discontinue the ******* of your teams prospects and descend back into reality. Gogo is greater than Eberle, and until Eberle shows up, on a roster, in the regular season, for an NHL team, Gogo is better. The fact he makes 1.8 million on a cap strapped team makes him a whole hell of a lot better.

Also, you even mentioning Staal in a trade....hilarious. I feel as though guys like Sam Kinison, Richard Pryor, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, etc etc, would have all benefited from your superior intelligence and your amazing comedic gift you were oh so blessed with. I would love to trade Staal for an unproven commodity, and apparently you would too. If only Ray Shero were as intelligent as we are. If only the management of the Pittsburgh Penguins understood the 'real' value of Staal and Goligoski, they would trade them for your Edmonton Prospects. As a Penguins fan, I'm really ashamed that Ray doesn't understand what the value of your prospects is, in relation to his full time players. It's shameful someone managing a real, nhl team, has the guts to assume his, full time NHL, players are worth more than your prospects, because of message board commenters' 'hockey knowledge' and the fact they have zero basis of knowledge as far as knowing how one guy will play with someone, compared with another. We can all speculate how Eberle will play with Crosby, but until Eberle actually plays a game, we won't have any idea. It's amazing that your telekinesis allows us to all know, in advance, how your player will play with out superstar. Thank you for divining us with your amazing gift; one that none of us will ever be gifted with having. I think you should run the league.

Please. Get a life

Your talking trash about playoffs when you're team tanked for like 6 seasons with a horrible attendance record, now all these band wagoners arrived. Disgusting.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
Aw shucks, we didn't make it to the ECF (Somewhere Boston hasn't been in a loooong time) for the 3rd year in a row...Well, looks like its time to trade Staal, Crosby, and Malkin for picks and prospects and rebuild.
Hemsky and Brule are picks? Wow great point! Maybe you should put down your homer glasses and realize that Hemsky has 3 seasons with more points than Staal's best. But yeah bringing up Crosby and Malkin for no reason is totally relevant.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
Lesser prospect ? I talk more about you'll add our first pick ?

Eberle number are there since he's in the WHL, but the Bruins still pick Colborne at 16th, 6 pick before Eberle get draft at 22, Maybe just Maybe the Bruins (and others) see something they prefer better than what Eberle can bring. Its not like Colborne stock drop since, his stock never stop going up, yes Eberle too. but adding a first pick is insane.
Mark Stuart and a late 1st for Zach Parise.... you wouldn't do that? But the Bruins selected Stuart BEFORE Parise so he must be more valuable.

Maybe the Bruins do prefer Colborne, but Team Canada obviously didn't. Eberle was a star on that team and Colborne didn't make it. As someone else said the only thing Colborne has as a player over Eberle is size, and yet he doesn't really use it.

So yeah, I wouldn't have a problem trading a late 1st round pick to get a player I think is significantly better. Would you trade Lucic for a lesser player and a late 1st?? You must be insane not to.

Old
08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:

Please. Get a life

Using that logic, Gogo is a better player than Hall, Eberle, MPS, Seguin, Markstrom, etc, etc, will ever be until they play 1 regular season game. Yet Gogo has probably leeched off of Malkin and Crosby.

You guys didn't have the greatest attendance of fans until Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc, entered the league. As mention above, you all just turned into band wagoners in a hurry. The Oilers on the other hand sellout games even when we are in last place in the league. Just wait until you see our fans when we get into the playoffs again. You'll be eating those words.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Your talking trash about playoffs when you're team tanked for like 6 seasons with a horrible attendance record, now all these band wagoners arrived. Disgusting.
This. Based on pure luck the year the most marketable player in 15yrs is eligible to be drafted there is a lottery and all 30 teams get a shot at him. If the lottery balls drop any other way that day we're watching the Oklahoma City Penguins. But yes, your team is the model franchise.... just as long as you don't look back at how they got there.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
[QUOTE=BlueShirtss;27247327]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
The Bruins - Would say yes but have no room to play him him. So that essentially a no.

The Oilers - Would say no. Eberle > Colborne. Eberle and Hall played together very effectively on WJC squad.

Pens - Would say no. Do they really have the defensive depth to part with an up and coming offensive defensemen?[/QUOTE]

Yes, They do.
Fair enough.

The fact remains Boston doesn't have the cap room to ice him and Edmonton certainly says no. So this trade is 2/3rds dead

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
Edmonton is giving up by far the most valuable piece in this trade. To get someone of Eberle's calibre, I think it would take losing alot more than Gogo

Colborne I really dont know much about, but with a kid as gifted as Eberle, I doubt Edmonton would give him up for much short of a sure fire star/franchise player
Wow... Over valuing much? Eberle is a good prospect, but he's nowhere near a lock to be a star or franchise player. Maybe his skillset doesn't convert well to the NHL and he ends up being a 2nd line 50 pt player... That's very possible...

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
noBSleafsFAN

why would the oilers trade eberle? thats like the penguins trading crosby, the capitals trading ovechkin, CHICAGO TRADING CAMPBELL! not gonna happen.

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Mark Stuart and a late 1st for Zach Parise.... you wouldn't do that? But the Bruins selected Stuart BEFORE Parise so he must be more valuable.

Maybe the Bruins do prefer Colborne, but Team Canada obviously didn't. Eberle was a star on that team and Colborne didn't make it. As someone else said the only thing Colborne has as a player over Eberle is size, and yet he doesn't really use it.

So yeah, I wouldn't have a problem trading a late 1st round pick to get a player I think is significantly better. Would you trade Lucic for a lesser player and a late 1st?? You must be insane not to.

Your post have a lot of flaws, first the Bruins didn't draft Stuart before Parisť, And Eberle is miles from parisť.

second a lot a players who were WJC stars never really play in the NHL or wasn't really good NHLer. you give way too much important to the ''junior'' success.

I'm not saying Eberle can be a bust or not better than Colborne in the future but Today I take Colborne project over Eberle, let alone adding a first pick

Bruinster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
Your post have a lot of flaws, first the Bruins didn't draft Stuart before Parisť, And Eberle is miles from parisť.

second a lot a players who were WJC stars never really play in the NHL or wasn't really good NHLer. you give way too much important to the ''junior'' success.

I'm not saying Eberle can be a bust or not better than Colborne in the future but Today I take Colborne project over Eberle, let alone adding a first pick
The Bruins had pick 16. They traded it to move down to 21 to draft Stuart. Parise went 17. So yes, they did choose Stuart over Parise. But if you don't like that fine. Change it to Corey Perry.

The point is, which you are obviously missing, that a few spots in the draft a couple years ago isn't relevant to where prospects stand 2 years later.

Secondly, of course WJC success doesn't insure NHL stardom, but neither does a decent 2 years of college play. The bottom line is that RIGHT NOW, Jordan Eberle is considered the better prospects by most people who pay attention to prospect rankings. Don't believe me? Check the HF rankings, check the other prospect rankings.

Old
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Bruinster*

Quote:
The Bruins had pick 16. They traded it to move down to 21 to draft Stuart. Parise went 17. So yes, they did choose Stuart over Parise. But if you don't like that fine. Change it to Corey Perry.

The point is, which you are obviously missing, that a few spots in the draft a couple years ago isn't relevant to where prospects stand 2 years later.

Secondly, of course WJC success doesn't insure NHL stardom, but neither does a decent 2 years of college play. The bottom line is that RIGHT NOW, Jordan Eberle is considered the better prospects by most people who pay attention to prospect rankings. Don't believe me? Check the HF rankings, check the other prospect rankings.
HF projection have Colborne at 8C, Eberle 8C pretty even and for the ranking Eberle is a little bit ahead, but mostly due by more visibility with the WJC, and if I can add HF ranking isn't the best way to base an opinion. their list is always critic by most.

Old
08-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knee View Post
You guys didn't have the greatest attendance of fans until Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc, entered the league. As mention above, you all just turned into band wagoners in a hurry. The Oilers on the other hand sellout games even when we are in last place in the league. Just wait until you see our fans when we get into the playoffs again. You'll be eating those words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
This. Based on pure luck the year the most marketable player in 15yrs is eligible to be drafted there is a lottery and all 30 teams get a shot at him. If the lottery balls drop any other way that day we're watching the Oklahoma City Penguins. But yes, your team is the model franchise.... just as long as you don't look back at how they got there.
Well said.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Bruinster*

Quote:
The bottom line is that RIGHT NOW, Jordan Eberle is considered the better prospects by most people who pay attention to prospect rankings. Don't believe me? Check the HF rankings, check the other prospect rankings.
Well even Oilers fans think he's a bit overated and think others team fans overated him more.

http://hfboards.com/poll.php?do=show...s&pollid=49322

Old
08-05-2010, 05:47 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILNATION View Post
Wow Eberle for Colborn is a joke.. Maybe add in Lucic and it's a deal, but we will not be giving Captain Clutch away for less than his value in fractions.
I still haven't decided if you actually believe in your "fractions" theory or if you're just looking for a response from other posters.

MeestaDeteta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Joe Colborne NHL Stats:

Jordan Eberle NHL Stats:

Alex Goligoski NHL Stats: 14-45-59 in 117 games, +14

PLAYOFF STATS: 2-8-10 in 15 games played, +3

Therefore, Goligoski>eberle and colborne, until the other 2 actually play some NHL games.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Hemsky and Brule are picks? Wow great point! Maybe you should put down your homer glasses and realize that Hemsky has 3 seasons with more points than Staal's best. But yeah bringing up Crosby and Malkin for no reason is totally relevant.
I wasn't referring to the players in your proposal. I was mocking the fact that you suggest trading away a huge piece of our core just because we didn't travel to the finals for the 3rd year in a row. According to your logic, the only team worth having is the one that wins it every year, which is impossible. I'm not sure if you've noticed but Pittsburgh doesn't really need any more point producers, we were 4th in goals for last year, our offense is fine.

Hemsky is a great player, but it will take a lot more than Hemsky and Brule to get our best two-way forward, penalty killer, and 2nd line center/winger as of next season. Staal is a workhorse that we're not looking to deal, so unless it's an overpayment there is no point in bothering.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
I wasn't referring to the players in your proposal. I was mocking the fact that you suggest trading away a huge piece of our core just because we didn't travel to the finals for the 3rd year in a row. According to your logic, the only team worth having is the one that wins it every year, which is impossible. I'm not sure if you've noticed but Pittsburgh doesn't really need any more point producers, we were 4th in goals for last year, our offense is fine.

Hemsky is a great player, but it will take a lot more than Hemsky and Brule to get our best two-way forward, penalty killer, and 2nd line center/winger as of next season. Staal is a workhorse that we're not looking to deal, so unless it's an overpayment there is no point in bothering.
This statement right here pretty well sums it up for most Edmonton prospects. We're a rebuilding team so unless it's a steal of a deal Edmonton will not be dealing one of it's top prospects. Eberle played very well with Hall and has already shown that chemistry can exist, he has continued to get better every year and short of an overpayment or as a piece of a package to get back someone better, Edmonton simply won't move him without reason.

As to the poster who mentioned Eberle is overrated...I love how you link to an Edmonton prospect page. Maybe we can see which prospect teams would rather have...Colborn or Eberle...from a poll. Yes Eberle is overrated, but when he's being hyped at EVERY level of play and keps getting better it's easy for people to let their imaginations runaway with them. If he ends up a poor mans Parise or St. Louis Edmonton fans will be content considering he was a late first round pick.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote