HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carolina - Montreal

Old
08-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. How are Habs fans saying they're getting the short end of the stick. The only thing Carolina would be interested in from that package is that 1st and it's not nearly enough to get close to Pits. Pac is a decent enough player but we don't need him at all and Hammer is waaaay too expensive for what he brings and a downgrade from Pits in the first place. Carolina doesn't even consider this.
Welcome to Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk, comrade.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. How are Habs fans saying they're getting the short end of the stick. The only thing Carolina would be interested in from that package is that 1st and it's not nearly enough to get close to Pits. Pac is a decent enough player but we don't need him at all and Hammer is waaaay too expensive for what he brings and a downgrade from Pits in the first place. Carolina doesn't even consider this.
For the last time, Montreal doesn't need Pitkanen, its not a question of value. Hamrlik has value for us and we need a defenceman that plays his style of game (D would hopefully be faster and more physical than him) than Pitkanen. We have Markov and Subban (who is developing into an offensive talent) to move the puck and get points, what we lack are physical D-men. It would be like if there was a proposal for a small, speedy winger, the value may be there, but it doesn't really meet a team need and the draft pick could be spent better.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote