HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Acquire Todd White From Atlanta for Brashear + Rissmiller

Old
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Oh no, I saw that quote. I was hoping to see the one where he asserts that he will "not be playing on our farm team". As it would be completely insane for a scout to actually say something that absurd.

Of course they didn't recruit him to play on the 4th line or on the farm team. What kind of moronic recruiting would have a diminutive forward like him targeted for 4th line duties. Why would they go out of their way to scout and court somebody to play in the minors? Also makes no sense. Clearly they signed him to play on the top two lines and score a ton of points. Did anybody really need a scout to explain that?

If he plays like he belongs in the AHL, he'll be playing in the AHL. Unless he decides to breach his contract or they come up with some other arrangement.

You're obviously not understanding what he was saying....

Management believes he currently slots right into our line-up on the top 2 lines and does not need to develop at the AHL level or play limited minutes on our 4th line to "adjust" to NA hockey... No one is saying he'll never ever play in AHL if his play falters or he gets worn out... But currently, he's expected by management to make the team and fit into our line-up somewhere on out top 2 lines and they are basing that not off of idealistic expectations but after honest evaluations of his abilities and play....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 08-05-2010 at 03:34 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Brashear clears waivers and Thrashers buyout completed for anyone who cares.
http://twitter.com/ajcthrashers/status/20401963667

He's probably off to Russia.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Rooting for him to beat out Boyle in camp.

Just makes it more likely we waive Redden.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

You're obviously not understanding what he was saying....

Management believes he currently he slots right into our line-up on the top 2 lines and does not need to develop at the AHL level or play limited minutes on our 4th line to "adjust" to NA hockey... No one is saying he'll never ever play in AHL if his play falters or he gets worn out... But currently, he's expected by management to make the team and fit into our line-up somewhere on out top 2 lines and they are basing that not off of idealistic expectations but after honest evaluations of his abilities and play....
uhhh... ok... I get the feeling we're having two different conversations. So I'll just assume you misrepresented what you actually meant earlier.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
Brashear clears waivers and Thrashers buyout completed for anyone who cares.
http://twitter.com/ajcthrashers/status/20401963667

He's probably off to Russia.
Oh, so they're saving more money then I originally thought.

They only have to pay 2/3 of his contract now.

Are they buying out rissmiller too?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Are they buying out rissmiller too?
Rissmiller wasn't waived. Why would they do it now? He ain't going to Russia, could go to camp, etc.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
uhhh... ok... I get the feeling we're having two different conversations. So I'll just assume you misrepresented what you actually meant earlier.
The entire context of my earlier posts was that he's going to be on the team in October and expected to skate on one of the top 2 lines... A lot of people are clamoring about him potentially starting the season in Hartford so he can "adjust to NA hockey" and I'm arguing that it's highly unlikely and that he's just about a LOCK to make this team out of training camp....

I am not saying he will never skate a single game for the Hartford Wolfpack.... If he wears down towards the end of the season due to the 82 game schedule he's not used to it's possible he could get some time in Hartford but that remains to be seen...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:56 PM
ruckus*

I think it borders on the verge of absolute insanity, and just before we're all crazy training camp actually gets here.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 06:24 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers are going to carry a $2.375 million cap hit for their 4th/5th line center?The Rangers didn't make the deal to acquire White's hockey services. Atlanta had more than 1 arbitration case opening up the possibility of executing a buyout outside the ordinary course buyout period. Atlanta saves $1 million in real money this season. Larry Brooks brought up this scenario in mid June. The Rangers dumped a 35 plus contract and a player who never fit for another bad contract which can be assigned to the AHL or loan White to Europe to get him off the books. White is not beating out any of the Rangers centers for a spot. White's cap hit for more than the cap hits for Prospal,Christensen and Anisimov. Drury has a NMC. White can collect his $2.6 million salary playing in the AHL or Europe. Atlanta was not allowed to buyout White because he was injured. 35 year old center coming off summer shoulder surgery to repair a torn tabrum and a dislocation. Suffered two knee injuries last season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote