HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn - how many points do you think he'll get next season?

Old
08-04-2010, 06:26 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Sergei Kostitsyn - how many points do you think he'll get next season?

What do you guys think is the most amount of points SK will put up this season? and worse possible scenario?

As far as upside goes, i he gets his head into the game, adapts to Trotz's system, gets alone well with the guys, I think his best upside for this season could be 65 points.

But the downside is big too. As for the reason why he is a cheap high/low risk reward player. But at worse, he plays the first month and gets at Trotz's neck or someone else and sits out. But I do not think that will be the case at all.

Realistically, I can see 45 points in 77 games.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
29dryden29

Well all I can say is good luck. His downside far outweighs the possability of an upside. I see 40 points and I see many trips to teh press box and some bigtime hissyfits from this turd.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well all I can say is good luck. His downside far outweighs the possability of an upside. I see 40 points and I see many trips to teh press box and some bigtime hissyfits from this turd.
I think that if he really has indeed decided to put his head into the game, he could be fantastic if he truly put all of his effort in.
I think being out of a big hockey demanding place and out of his bro's shadow, he could definitely put the pieces together.

He did sign for a very minimal contract for one year which proves that he wants to be an NHL player. He could have easily got more in the KHL. That is a good sign. As long as him and Trotzy get along, the outcome could be sweet for us and SK!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I have a very good gut feeling. Its not based on fact or anything, but i've learned never go against your intuition. And my intuition says 20 goals/60 points. If this guy can screw his head on straight, we could have gotten a true gem for next to nothing. But, I've been wrong before.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I have 10/40 for the kid. Most of the information from Montreal is that he's a playmaker who makes great passes and is great on the PK.

I want to know what he could do to drive up Legwand's goal totals.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
okay dude, we get it. you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I think that if he really has indeed decided to put his head into the game, he could be fantastic if he truly put all of his effort in.
I think being out of a big hockey demanding place and out of his bro's shadow, he could definitely put the pieces together.

He did sign for a very minimal contract for one year which proves that he wants to be an NHL player. He could have easily got more in the KHL. That is a good sign. As long as him and Trotzy get along, the outcome could be sweet for us and SK!
Well I wish you luck as I said but I believe his contract signing was because he knew he wasn't getting any other offers. No one wanted him no one out East anyhow. You guys were apparently our only trading partner for this kid so he didn't really ave a choice.

BFC has it right and I suspect you will be correct BFC. He is a playmaker and does a good job of it he just needs guys to be expecting passes out of nowhere that is one of the issues Leggy and others will have to overcome. He finds a seam to put the puck but no one expects it to happen so they are not ready for a pass.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

We are going to see 8 billion lines from the Preds but I would LOVE to see a Selke line of Kostitsyn-Legwand-Ward. Remember, Ward played the Hornqvist role before Hornqvist was Hornqvist and scored 17 goals. If Kostitsyn can get Legwand to 20+ and Ward to 15+ that will really augment the scoring.

Old
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
We are going to see 8 billion lines from the Preds but I would LOVE to see a Selke line of Kostitsyn-Legwand-Ward. Remember, Ward played the Hornqvist role before Hornqvist was Hornqvist and scored 17 goals. If Kostitsyn can get Legwand to 20+ and Ward to 15+ that will really augment the scoring.
...yeah, I'd be jealous of that line if it works out.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
...yeah, I'd be jealous of that line if it works out.
It doesn't matter if it works trotz would break them up. There is a reason why I MADE a deck of cards of all the Preds players who could make the team and played 52 card pickup.

Old
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Mulletman*

If Trotz is confident in him, I could see him bering a very useful player for you guys..

With skilled players like Gagner and Kane, he was able to put 137 points with the London Knights in Junior.

He is an awesome passer, he's fast enough and a good pker. He also has the vision to be a great player on the Powerplay but he never, never got the chance in Montreal. He plays with a little physical edge but since he's small and not physically strong he didn't cut it for Martin on the 2 first lines in Montreal, we needed bigger players on these lines than Sergei since Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez and Plekanec are small. He also sometimes tried to do some fancy plays instead of just dumping, and that led to goals against us. Jacques Martin hated that.

But his passing and vision is unreal, he could definately be good on a line with a power forward like Wilson and a Sniper. He shows he cares on the ice and he got a couple of fights in the Junior and in Montreal. With powerplay time I could definately see him get at least 40 to 55 points.

And then there's the attitude problem, but I think Martin didn't handle him very well. He had good intentions sometimes but he went too far and Montreal medias got on his back, the fans started hating him and he received less and less skating time. I don't think that's gonna be an issue in Nashville unless teamates didn't really like him in Montreal, that could be a problem with Francis Bouillon.

But he's worth the try. He can play on any line.

Mulletman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFeck View Post
If Trotz is confident in him, I could see him bering a very useful player for you guys..

With skilled players like Gagner and Kane, he was able to put 137 points with the London Knights in Junior.

He is an awesome passer, he's fast enough and a good pker. He also has the vision to be a great player on the Powerplay but he never, never got the chance in Montreal. He plays with a little physical edge but since he's small and not physically strong he didn't cut it for Martin on the 2 first lines in Montreal, we needed bigger players on these lines than Sergei since Cammalleri, Gionta, Gomez and Plekanec are small. He also sometimes tried to do some fancy plays instead of just dumping, and that led to goals against us. Jacques Martin hated that.

But his passing and vision is unreal, he could definately be good on a line with a power forward like Wilson and a Sniper. He shows he cares on the ice and he got a couple of fights in the Junior and in Montreal. With powerplay time I could definately see him get at least 40 to 55 points.

And then there's the attitude problem, but I think Martin didn't handle him very well. He had good intentions sometimes but he went too far and Montreal medias got on his back, the fans started hating him and he received less and less skating time. I don't think that's gonna be an issue in Nashville unless teamates didn't really like him in Montreal, that could be a problem with Francis Bouillon.

But he's worth the try. He can play on any line.
Bouillon immediately stepped up the day SK was acquired and said that he enjoyed playing with SK in Montreal and would take him under his wing here...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I just remember the stories from when he first came over to the OHL about how everybody just loved his personality, billets, people around the team as well as on it, everybody marvelling at what a jovial and good guy he seemed to be. It's kind of weird how things went so far off the rails in Montreal. It's hard to know what to believe. But one thing's for sure, the people who immediately take the extreme view against SK don't have any credibility to me. They are basing it on what? A mob reaction, basically. None of us actually know him or have been around him.

Good player, though, no doubt about that. If he gets the time and the linemates, and a bit of leeway, he WILL produce. I'm just not sure how to reconcile that with Trotz, though. Leeway is not in huge supply... ?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:47 PM
goalscorer

If he is able stay out of Totz's doghouse and gets top 6 time for majority of the year, I could see 13-18 goals and 30-40 assists. I could see him finishing just under 60 pts.

He is a hell of a player. I hope the change of scenery is all he needed. I'd love to think that he has confidence and respect for the Preds and will want to show not only the organization, but the Canadiens and the world how good he is. I can't wait.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalscorer View Post
If he is able stay out of Totz's doghouse and gets top 6 time for majority of the year, I could see 13-18 goals and 30-40 assists. I could see him finishing just under 60 pts.

He is a hell of a player. I hope the change of scenery is all he needed. I'd love to think that he has confidence and respect for the Preds and will want to show not only the organization, but the Canadiens and the world how good he is. I can't wait.
could be another Latendresse episode.

just gotta hope. but there's no denying the kid's got talent.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Mulletman*

Well he was my favorite player on the habs in 2007-2008, he instantly made the Koivu line very dangerous and it sucked before. He played many good shifts with his brother too. And in the playoffs he made a lot of points, I don't remember how many but it was looking good.

Then next year he got cut by Carbonneau to Hamilton, we still had the best start of the season we ever had since our golden years. Sergei was called back and played on a line with Robert Lang and his brother wich was really good. Andrei got a concussion against Phoenix tho (I like that Sergei went berserk to avenge his brother) and Andrei has had problems playing like 2007-2008 since that exact moment. We had some major injuries to Komisarek, Tanguay, and then Lang but we were still doing ok. We then hit the all-star break and all went bad from here. Price started playing bad, injuries to Kovalev and Koivu. But there was something more, its like there was a bad aura that surrounded the team since Komisarek came back from injury. Then, there was the story of the darkest days in the habs history (stupid btw) in wich Sergei was involved with the mob. From that point it seemed like habs fans started to forget what Andrei and Sergei did for us before. The medias started to talk against Sergei especially. The mob story was actually a non-story but whatever...

Now last year, he missed the bus for the camp and Sergei was cut again for Hamilton. He said he wanted to be traded or play in the line-up or he would go to the KHL (that's actually one big mistake that I blame on with the medias but he didn't realize it). He eventually got called back but since then, the medias always thrash talked him. He was the scapegoat basically. He never got a powerplay chance this year... Against Pittsburg in the playoffs Martin told him to stay home in Montreal, he also left a practice early, he got thrashed for this again in the medias. He did played 3 playoffs games though.

So yeah, he did some mistakes there and there but we don't know what happened really with the team in 2008-2009 and overall most of the hating came from the medias that wanted him as a scapegoat. If none of this ******** happened, he would still be with the habs.

Quote:
Bouillon immediately stepped up the day SK was acquired and said that he enjoyed playing with SK in Montreal and would take him under his wing here...
I'm pretty sure what you say is true.
A friend told me Bouillon was asked by RDS how it would be to play with Sergei again and Bouillon didn't look too happy but i'm pretty sure he just assumed this. Or maybe the reporter asked Bouillon if he would be able to get Sergei on the right track and Francis wasn't happy with how the reporter formulated his question...anyway I don't really trust what my friend said because everyone hates Sergei here anyway and will invent things like this just to perpetuate the hate for no apparent reasons. ****ing RDS webpage made him a villain and called him spoiled child and the Journal de Montreal, Benoit Brunet, Rejean Tremblay never said a good thing about the brothers since the incident.

Last edited by Mulletman*: 08-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old
08-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I'm pretty sure what you say is true.
A friend told me Bouillon was asked by RDS how it would be to play with Sergei again and Bouillon didn't look too happy but i'm pretty sure he just assumed this. Or maybe the reporter asked Bouillon if he would be able to get Sergei on the right track and Francis wasn't happy with how the reporter formulated his question...anyway I don't really trust what my friend said because everyone hates Sergei here anyway and will invent things like this just to perpetuate the hate for no apparent reasons. ****ing RDS webpage made him a villain and called him spoiled child and the Journal de Montreal, Benoit Brunet, Rejean Tremblay never said a good thing about the brothers since the incident.
Quote:
Perhaps the change of scenery will be just what the doctor ordered for Kostitsyn. He joins a hard-working Predators team without the immense glare of the Montreal spotlight. Former Hab Francis Bouillon has said he’ll take him under his wing. If the talented winger can learn to fly, it’s nothing but good news for Nashville hockey fans.
http://wwww.examiner.com/x-8246-Nash...s-to-Nashville

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:25 PM
RStar*

20-35 points. Some of you guys are just hilarious. 65 points? Ha... ha ha... no

Not a god damn chance. Get real please. He is not a good player by any means. He stinks.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post

Not a god damn chance. Get real please. He is not a good player by any means. He stinks.
Ya you know everything about him dont you? A 23 year old who still has time to develop and hasnt had a chance to play top line minutes. He had 130+ points in the OHL. You dont get that many points and stink sorry.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 08-10-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: no need for that...
I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
goalscorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post

Your hilarious.

SK averaged 1.7 ppg in juniors, .92 ppg in the AHL and .44 ppg in the NHL. Yeah, I'd say "he is not a good player by any means". You haven't said anything that would dismiss the notion of him having a good comeback season or proves that he is not a good player.

I've noticed alot of people hating him for reasons other than his play. I'd say your right there at the top of that catagory.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I'm not expecting much from him honestly. It all depends on his attitude. If Trotz thinks he is slacking even the slightest, he will bench him. This is my biggest fear and what will probably happen.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
He had 130+ points in the OHL. You dont get that many points and stink sorry.
Quote:
SK averaged 1.7 ppg in juniors, .92 ppg in the AHL and .44 ppg in the NHL.
In fairness, these are somewhere between the stellar junior and ahl careers of Jordin Tootoo on the low end and Simone Gamache on the high end, so not sure I'd view them as having predictive value.

I think he likely sees substantial time on a 2nd line since we have 3 of them. That should translate into points.

I'll go with goalscorer albeit on the low end of the prediction on assists:

Quote:
45-50 points if...

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Mulletman*

He wasn't really a slacker in the games, he worked hard actually. He sometimes however did stupid plays to impress or because he just made the wrong choice and didn't went simpler. But other than that he wasn't a liability on the ice and always backchecked and was good defensively.

In the practices however, only Trotz will know.

Old
08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Paincakes

I feel we definitely aren't going to see the 60pt range from the kid. Yeah he is young and has offensive upside, but hes just a wildcard coming into Trotz's system. I think realistically we would see something in the ballpark of 30-35 pts.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
He wasn't really a slacker in the games, he worked hard actually. He sometimes however did stupid plays to impress or because he just made the wrong choice and didn't went simpler. But other than that he wasn't a liability on the ice and always backchecked and was good defensively.

In the practices however, only Trotz will know.
And this is exactly what Trotz dislikes. He will bench a player for weeks over one stupid play. I'm still surprised that Poile went after SK.

But it's all up to Sergei. Hopefully, here in a quiet, non-hockey market, he can focus more on his game and less on everything else.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote