HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gorges video interview about captaincy

Old
08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Get lost
Sorry buddy but you should get lost. Even the Rocket or Jean Beliveau could not have won the cup or done anything special with that team.

Some ppl are still spoiled by our history and feel that it must be easy to lead a team to the cup.

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Saku is happy being on mediocre teams. Its why he signed in Anaheim when they were on their way down. I blame him for sticking around and giving management no excuse to improve. If he left because he was sick of being on a ****** team, it would have forced management's hand to do something.

I don't like Saku obviously and I'm happy he's no longer a Hab. I don't think its coincidence that we go so much further as soon as he was gone.

The thread should be retitled to saku bashing imo.
I dont think it's a coincidence that we got that far after putting together a much better team.... Saku would be a horrible GM, could never build the proper team while he was captain....

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
BoNeS42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal4Life View Post
I dont think it's a coincidence that we got that far after putting together a much better team.... Saku would be a horrible GM, could never build the proper team while he was captain....
Yeah man for real

it sucks, I really wish he would still be here, even if he wouldn't be the captain he would make a big difference

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
They did. Gomez got into a fight with him in pre season and got him sent to the minors. Then they collectively completely booted him from the team in the playoffs in the process of going the deepest we've gone in 17 years.

When did Koivu ever take leadership like that and boot people from the room?

Mike Ribeiro ring a bell? How about when he was dogging it in practice, Koivu challenged him and subsequently he was traded for a bag of pucks.

So many ungrateful ******** in here. Give Saku, Brodeur, Neidermeyer, Stevens, Elias, etc, he wins a cup. He never got past the second round? Give me a break, didn't realize it is all on the captain to get his team to advance, even though he was usually the only guy who would put up points. He is supposed to magically turn Audette, Zednik, Petrov and Bulis into superstars. And he did turn a few of those scrubs into 25 and 30 goal scorers that they couldn't repeat with other linemates.

The guy gave his heart, soul, and body to the franchise and gets continually spit on. But Vinny Lecavalier has denied several chances to come "home" but he is worshiped around here, makes me embarrassed sometimes as a Hab fan.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:10 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Gionta is the obvious pick, although when Gorges said how the guy would "have a good time", with a smile up his face, I have the feeling it might be Cammalleri.

As far as Gorges himself is concerned, he might be a leader by example, in my opinion, you don't give a letter to a guy who's that young, except if he has some major impact on your team. Think Toews, Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. We did that mistake with Higgins, and it quite obviously didn't work at all.
Gorges is turning 26 this month... its not like he is only 21 or 22.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
BoNeS42

Was he really at the draft table this year? ... Do we really need to discuss who's the captain now?

- Only player at the draft table in 2010
- Only player in Calgary to present the heritage classic.
- Present at JM camp.

He's the captain, or he has no life. What do you think?

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Bulis hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeS42 View Post
Was he really at the draft table this year? ... Do we really need to discuss who's the captain now?

- Only player at the draft table in 2010
- Only player in Calgary to present the heritage classic.
- Present at JM camp.

He's the captain, or he has no life. What do you think?
That is a very good point. It is something that makes me think it could be him. And, if it is the case, the habs would have told him not to say anything and this would be why he said all he said with such a smile.. but it is all hypothetical.

However he would be a most excellent captain.

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis hit View Post
That is a very good point. It is something that makes me think it could be him. And, if it is the case, the habs would have told him not to say anything and this would be why he said all he said with such a smile.. but it is all hypothetical.

However he would be a most excellent captain.
Yeah, someone's already written a blog about the same thing. Something's either up with Gorges and the captaincy or he has no life. Here's the blog link: http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/201...tainesque.html

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
guest1467

He has no life because he takes pride in being a part of the organization and helping it be better?

Says posters who post on a freaking hockey forum.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He has no life because he takes pride in being a part of the organization and helping it be better?

Who are you referring to right now? Curious.

Edit: NVM I'm an idiot.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

Oh crap. I only meant he always seems to be available for the organzation's public appearances. We've seen no Cammalleri, Gionta or Markov in all these public appearances, so I was being facetious when I said Gorges possibly has no life. I love the guy and think he'd be a great captain, and if these public appearances are an indication that it'll happen for him, that's great. The team needs a captain with pride and a drive to be better.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote