HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Favorite Regular Season Game

Old
08-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
Favorite Regular Season Game

Since it's the offseason, and there's nothing better to discuss, I thought I'd bring up some great memories of the past. In no particular order, here's some of my favorite regular season games we've had recently:

April 7th, 06-07 - Florida Panthers

Loved this one, simply because of the situation surrounding it. Last game of the season, a disappointing season for everyone, considering the previous one. Still, the comeback and the captain scoring in OT made it a perfect ending. Loved the response from the organization after it as well, essentially saying that despite it just being a regular season game, the fans treated it the same as Game 7.

December 18th, 07-08 - Toronto Maple Leafs

I was right up against the glass for this one. Took a friend to his first game and the Canes made it memorable. The game itself started off poorly, both with Grahame in net and the news before the game that Brindamour would be out. Then with 3 minutes left and down 2-0, Adams takes a high-sticking penalty that should have sealed the game. But then Stillman scores on a rebound, then picks the pocket of Poni and Whitney scores. Two goals in under two minutes to force OT. The OT itself kind of soured the game, despite the Canes winning. Don't like it when the officials decide any game, even if it's in our favor.

April 4th, 08-09 - Pittsburgh Penguins

- Full highlights, Pittsburgh announcers
- The ending, John and Tripp

This one should be obvious. Clinching a playoff spot is good enough for a spot. Babchuk scoring in OT adds to it. And Ward's play throughout the game, stopping Crosby on a breakaway and Malkin on a penalty shot, that seals the deal.

April 9th, 09-10 - Montreal Canadiens

Just to show I'm not living in the past, the most recent home game was a doozy as well. Hat trick on hat night, Staal with 5 points and LaRose continues to show an odd chemistry with him.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

damn dude, ,your top 3 are my top 3

I'll add this one though:

Canes down 3-0 to Florida in the 3rd, come back with 6 in the 3rd to win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore...gid=2007011107

Last edited by UnPLEASED Anton: 08-02-2010 at 02:26 PM.
UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:18 PM
VAcaniac
Meet the real Anton.

Not that recent but I think this game really epitomizes the 05-06 season for the NHL and especially the Canes.

Not the most exciting game ever but I just enjoy soaking in the atmosphere at the RBC Center that night. Makes your proud to be a Caniac.

I think that Pens-Canes game a couple of years ago is the best regular season game i've ever seen. It was more intense than most playoff games.

Last edited by VAcaniac: 08-02-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Im youtube stupid. lol
VAcaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:31 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

^ That was my vote as well.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:31 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAcaniac View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHg7uc9ojA

Not that recent but I think this game really epitomizes the 05-06 season for the NHL and especially the Canes.

I think that Pens-Canes game a couple of years ago is the best regular season game i've ever seen. It was more intense than most playoff games.
That's my #1, easily. Basically the epitome of what the 05-06 season was all about.

The 3 goal comeback against Florida in 06-07 and that game against Pittsburgh to clinch the playoff bid in 08-09 are my #2 and #3 respectively.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHg7uc9ojA

This isn't a particularly important game, but it was in '05-'06, the crowd was electrifying (I was there), and any time 14 goals are scored you know the game's gonna be fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyKpNR00LA

This season, I'm sure you all remember it. At this point in time, we were still pretty far down there with no chance of getting out of it, but the 2 worst teams in the East put up a pretty good show this game.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
NobodysFaulkButMine
You jelly, Staal?

Send a message via AIM to NobodysFaulkButMine

It was the first Canes game I seen live in Raleigh. Both teams were going opposite directions, as the Flames were looking towards a division title with the addition of Jokinen and we were looking towards another early season exit. We managed to win it, and it was the start of our winning streak and late season rush to the playoffs (Not to mention Cole's home debut). Meanwhile the Flames season fell apart from there on in.

Plus seeing Brind'Amour get robbed with a ridiculous save from McBackup was unreal to see live too. And Sammy's goal was dope.

NobodysFaulkButMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

To avoid being repetitive, I submit the April 7th game against the Islanders in 2009 and the March 18th game against the Capitals in 2010.

Outright domination. 57-12 shot advantage.

A dramatic, back and forth 3rd period and overtime.

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain

This game was pretty special to me because it was my first time seeing the canes at MSG. seeing a game at the Garden is pretty cool. I also went by myself, haha. There was ONE person wearing a Canes Jersey. It was a black sutter jersey. Ray won it in OT. sweet day. check out delzotto absorb the hit from tuomo. he's a tough kid..

Here were my seats:

The Juice warming up:

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountJ View Post

A dramatic, back and forth 3rd period and overtime.
I hated that game watching it, but can really enjoy it now knowing the outcome. Somehow, despite LaRose's goal, I just knew we were going to blow it. Tripp was going on and on after that goal about how Carolina was going to win and take a step forward, yadda yadda yadda, and I could just feel the hockey gods coming up to shut his trap.

Despite that though, he did show some good analysis on the Whitney goal. Seeing the replay makes it clear as day, every Cap player just completely ignored Whitney. They immediately sought out the nearest open passing lane and attempted to close it. No one expected the shot.

Old
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Well it's almost impossible to find a new one now, so I'll add in an entertaining game where getting drunk and not having to pay attention to enjoy at game was fun as hell...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:26 PM
jbk ltd
twitter @jbk_ltd

Has anyone posted this one yet?

Great game despite the 40 stitches. He's been my favorite player ever since.

Tuomo highlights:

Game highlights (date is wrong on the video):

Last edited by jbk ltd: 08-03-2010 at 06:35 PM.
jbk ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
The 5-1 win over the Leafs in March (iirc). My girlfriend took me since her parents have seasons tickets in the 100's. My first canes game at the ACC and we blew them out. It was hilarious as I hate the leafs and their fans.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Scorvo

Babchuk sending us to the playoffs in 09. I think I put a hole in my roof I jumped so high.

Scorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Discipline Daddy
NHL All star Aucoin

Mine might be the Canes - Red Wings game around Thanksgiving in 2002. We were on the heels of losing to Detroit in our '02 run to the finals and this was our only game against them that season. We won the game with some ridiculous score, like 7-5 or something. I searched for the game but couldn't find it.

That game was shortly after we traded Marek Malik for Jan Hlavac and Harold Druken. Hlavac scored a hat trick in that game and did nothing in the NHL ever since. We went with my whole family, a group of folks who hadn't seen hockey before, and they walked away thrilled.

Discipline Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post
Mine might be the Canes - Red Wings game around Thanksgiving in 2002. We were on the heels of losing to Detroit in our '02 run to the finals and this was our only game against them that season. We won the game with some ridiculous score, like 7-5 or something. I searched for the game but couldn't find it.

That game was shortly after we traded Marek Malik for Jan Hlavac and Harold Druken. Hlavac scored a hat trick in that game and did nothing in the NHL ever since. We went with my whole family, a group of folks who hadn't seen hockey before, and they walked away thrilled.
Yep, I went to that game as well. I also went with family who knew nothing about hockey and they were getting so excited.

Old
08-05-2010, 11:46 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline Daddy View Post

I'm not positive, but I believe they were down 2-0 after 1 in that game too.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

One day before my birthday. Canes against the best home team in league. Canes with Leighton in net.

Specticular game for Leighton, Sammy, Ruutu, Cullen and Whitney.

The Whitney goal for 3:3 is one of my all-time favourite. Amazing shift from Larose- Cullen- Whitney.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 04:36 PM
ncsu1

I like seeing several of the videos I uploaded on here

From now on, I'm trying to upload the special moments like these from Forslund's perspective because apparently the NHL or whoever/however the highlights get done always seems to drop the Canes feed first. I hate having those special moments (like the Florida 6-3 game) and not being able to hear Forslund's call. It's way more exciting to hear a great announcer call it then homer announcers.

Basically any Toronto @ Carolina game in the last 2-3 years has something special happening in it...

The only game (really not the game but a moment from the game) that comes to mind that isn't listed is the game against Tampa Bay, that was either 06/07 or 07/08 where the Canes scored 3 goals in 40-50 seconds. I gotta go, i'll link the video later.

ncsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu1 View Post
I like seeing several of the videos I uploaded on here

From now on, I'm trying to upload the special moments like these from Forslund's perspective because apparently the NHL or whoever/however the highlights get done always seems to drop the Canes feed first. I hate having those special moments (like the Florida 6-3 game) and not being able to hear Forslund's call. It's way more exciting to hear a great announcer call it then homer announcers.

Basically any Toronto @ Carolina game in the last 2-3 years has something special happening in it...

The only game (really not the game but a moment from the game) that comes to mind that isn't listed is the game against Tampa Bay, that was either 06/07 or 07/08 where the Canes scored 3 goals in 40-50 seconds. I gotta go, i'll link the video later.
I was at that game as well. I'm not sure what season it was, but I do know that it was 3 goals in 43 seconds. The only reason being that ever since whenever we watch hockey at my house and the Canes are way down late, we always reference the "3 in 43" as reason that we could come back.

Old
08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
ncsu1

I can't find the YT link but here's the NHL.TV game highlights of the goals. Wish I could just go through and watch it without a break inbetween goals otherwise it just feels like regular highlights.

http://hurricanes.nhl.tv/team/consol...92402&fr=false

ncsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So looking back at some of the games from previous years, I'm noticing a lot of stuff that's just too good to ignore, but don't show up in the normal highlights. For instance:

The Flavor of the Game from the Pitts/Carolina game posted earlier:

http://hurricanes.nhl.tv/team/consol...id=-5&id=38747

About the 15 second mark, LaRose and Cooke going at it, until LaRose finally gets fed up and takes him out. Stealth-like

Being technologically inept, I've got no idea how to save the video onto my computer. Because if I could, I'd love to somehow make a gif out of that entire scenario.

There's also another part of a game I remember, but doubt I'll be able to find. It was a couple years ago, Carolina was on the PK against Ottawa? (best guess off fuzzy memories). LaRose clears the zone, then chases after the puck. Somehow manages to keep the puck in Ottawa's zone for what seemed like half the PK. He's out there working hard, the crowd's getting into it, and John and Tripp start talking about how LaRose and the crowd have a very symbiotic relationship. LaRose gets the crowd into it and no player in the league feeds off the crowd more than Chad LaRose.

Doubt I'll find the video clip of it, but I was wondering if anyone else remembers anything like that? It'll help my sanity.

Old
08-07-2010, 05:16 PM
jbk ltd
twitter @jbk_ltd

BB, try this fellow at Daily Motion if you haven't already. He's a master when it comes to capturing Canes footage.

jbk ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Going to have to narrow down which game it comes from first, but I haven't seen that site yet. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Actually, that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it might. Pretty sure the game I'm thinking of is the game against Vancouver on 10/22/07. Narrowed it down to home games in the years when LaRose was playing the PK. Then victories, since I remember the team ended up winning the game. Then against teams my fuzzy memory believes it may have been against, which ended up being Ottawa, Vancouver and Tampa. Looked at the Vancouver game and saw a 1:09 shorthanded shift for LaRose. Seems about right.

EDIT AGAIN: Well, there goes that theory. Apparently that particular game wasn't televised with John and Tripp that night. Back to searching.

Last edited by Blueline Bomber: 08-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.