HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Phillies 2010 - Getting on the DL

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2010, 08:48 PM
sg12lw

vCash: 500
******* this offense

hamels and the roys deserve better than what they get

Old
08-07-2010, 10:49 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
******* this offense

hamels and the roys deserve better than what they get
I agree, but Johan is no slouch either.

08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I agree, but Johan is no slouch either.
agreed, hes still darn good

...but its not just this game

i would guess that kendrick blanton and moyer are near the top is run support,while the other 3 are near the bottom

the good guys never get the support....its funny how it always seems to work like that

Old
08-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:

i would guess that kendrick blanton and moyer are near the top is run support,while the other 3 are near the bottom

the good guys never get the support....its funny how it always seems to work like that
Definitely not a coincidence. Subconsious or not, when the offense sees Roy I, Roy II, or Cole pitching, they think, "Hey, these guys don't need a lot of runs to win a game" and put up these lackluster performances. That's not just a Phils problem either, that extends all through baseball.

Old
08-07-2010, 11:17 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

It also tends to work out that Roys and Cole face the top end rotation starters, whereas Blanton and Kendrick will face their lowly 4-5 guys

Old
08-07-2010, 11:39 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
They would have won that game had it not been for some ****** base running.

Old
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

I would also like to add I ****ing hate krod

Old
08-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Terence Peterman

The lack of run support for Hamels strikes again.

I feel like the title should read "Keeping it on the DL," but I suppose I'm just being too picky.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Amateur Hour

Can't win 'em all, folks. Doc's on the mound tomorrow, and we're going to end up taking 2 of 3 from the My Entire Team Sucks.

Old
08-08-2010, 07:13 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Guaranteed win today because:

1. mets have not won back to back games for a long, long time.
2. mets have not won a road series this year. lol

I refuse to capitalize mets.

Old
08-08-2010, 08:43 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Can't win 'em all, folks. Doc's on the mound tomorrow, and we're going to end up taking 2 of 3 from the My Entire Team Sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Guaranteed win today because:

1. mets have not won back to back games for a long, long time.
2. mets have not won a road series this year. lol

I refuse to capitalize mets.
I hope so, but who's getting the hits off the knuckleballer today...

Old
08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Do they hate Hamels or something? Guy gets zero run support. Look at this season...

8 IP, 2 ER, Loss
8 IP, 1 ER, No-decision
6.1 IP, 2 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 1 ER, No decision
8 IP, 1 ER, No decision
7 IP, 1 ER, Loss

Additionally, the team has won 1 game for him where he allowed more than 3 ER and that was on April 12.

I know that W-L supposedly doesn't matter, but it's fun to have a nice record and if he had gotten some more run support in a couple of these games, I feel like he could be 11-4 and feeling pretty good.

Old
08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Do they hate Hamels or something? Guy gets zero run support. Look at this season...

8 IP, 2 ER, Loss
8 IP, 1 ER, No-decision
6.1 IP, 2 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 1 ER, No decision
8 IP, 1 ER, No decision
7 IP, 1 ER, Loss

Additionally, the team has won 1 game for him where he allowed more than 3 ER and that was on April 12.

I know that W-L supposedly doesn't matter, but it's fun to have a nice record and if he had gotten some more run support in a couple of these games, I feel like he could be 11-4 and feeling pretty good.
He does seem like a ******, and I do have a theory that pitchers that are douches don't get as good run support as other guys (Mussina never seemed to get good run support anywhere he was).

In other news, I HATED the decision to bunt Polanco last night. You have one of the best hitters for average in baseball up there with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd (so, you have someone in scoring position). I realize you're concerned about the double play (especially with Ibanez running), but I think you gotta let Polanco swing there...

Old
08-08-2010, 09:27 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

I didn't like the bunt either, that probably cost them the tying run, but its only one game.

Old
08-08-2010, 09:51 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He does seem like a ******, and I do have a theory that pitchers that are douches don't get as good run support as other guys (Mussina never seemed to get good run support anywhere he was).

In other news, I HATED the decision to bunt Polanco last night. You have one of the best hitters for average in baseball up there with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd (so, you have someone in scoring position). I realize you're concerned about the double play (especially with Ibanez running), but I think you gotta let Polanco swing there...
We were talking about that exact same thing last night particularly considering that this is a 3 year thing now, it doesn't just seem like a fluke.

On the Polanco thing, I can see it either way, I'm personally more pissed about Werth's absolutely retarded baserunning the inning before. I mean, there's absolutely no excuse for that, the ball was hit right at Reyes, really poor decision.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
We were talking about that exact same thing last night particularly considering that this is a 3 year thing now, it doesn't just seem like a fluke.
I'd be curious what the social dynamics are on this Phils team... does Hamels hang out with the guys, or no?

Quote:
On the Polanco thing, I can see it either way, I'm personally more pissed about Werth's absolutely retarded baserunning the inning before. I mean, there's absolutely no excuse for that, the ball was hit right at Reyes, really poor decision.
It was a bad decision by Werth, but at the same time I understand trying to be a bit aggressive with the way Santana had been pitching... and it's a spur of the moment type of thing. The decision to bunt is something you have time to sit down and say, "is this the right thing to do?"

What's sort of amazing about that decision is that it is SOOOOOO conservative, and Charlie has never really been a conservative offensive manager. The injuries are clearly affecting him a lot.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
It was a bad decision by Werth, but at the same time I understand trying to be a bit aggressive with the way Santana had been pitching... and it's a spur of the moment type of thing. The decision to bunt is something you have time to sit down and say, "is this the right thing to do?"

What's sort of amazing about that decision is that it is SOOOOOO conservative, and Charlie has never really been a conservative offensive manager. The injuries are clearly affecting him a lot.
I can see the rationale though because Werth had doubled in his previous AB and then they had Sweeney coming up.

I don't think I would have done the same thing because as you said, Polanco is a great hitter, but it's not something I'm really up in-arms about, 2 games out with nearly 2 months to play is very salvageable.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:25 AM
BringBackStevens

The lineup they are trotting out there right now isn't exactly the 08 and 09 WS team... they are lacking a lot of offense right now, so I'm impressed with how well they have been playing actually.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:26 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Todays lineup vs RA Dickey:

Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Gload 1B, Ibanez LF, Werth CF, Brown RF, Schneider C, Valdez 2B, Halladay

vs

Reyes-SS, Pagan-RF, Beltran-CF, Wright-3B, Davis-1B, Martinez-LF, Thole-C, Tejada-2B, Dickey-RHP

Old
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I'm so sick of RA Dickey. Fall back to earth you journeyman

Old
08-08-2010, 10:47 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Agreed, I was very disappointed with that decision. He's our best hitter right now, which is why Charlie needs him in the 3 spot. So why make your best hitter bunt when you already have someone in scoring position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Todays lineup vs RA Dickey:

Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Gload 1B, Ibanez LF, Werth CF, Brown RF, Schneider C, Valdez 2B, Halladay

vs

Reyes-SS, Pagan-RF, Beltran-CF, Wright-3B, Davis-1B, Martinez-LF, Thole-C, Tejada-2B, Dickey-RHP
Somewhat surprised to see Domonic in against Dickey. Good thing it's an early game, hopefully I can get last night out of my head.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
The lineup they are trotting out there right now isn't exactly the 08 and 09 WS team... they are lacking a lot of offense right now, so I'm impressed with how well they have been playing actually.
If this team makes the playoffs, it's a minor miracle given the man days they've lost to injury... and key ones, too.

Braves have to be sweating bullets at this point... If I am them, I want a 5-6 game cushion at least before they get to September give the way this team has shown their closing ability.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:55 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
If this team makes the playoffs, it's a minor miracle given the man days they've lost to injury... and key ones, too.

Braves have to be sweating bullets at this point... If I am them, I want a 5-6 game cushion at least before they get to September give the way this team has shown their closing ability.
The thing is, IF we get in and are healthy, we SHOULD be really, really dangerous.

I mean, we can get away with a 3 man rotation with Halladay pitching 3x per series and Oswalt and Hamels the other 4, I think anybody in the MLB is going to have trouble with that although I would not want to play the Cards.

Old
08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Agreed, I was very disappointed with that decision. He's our best hitter right now, which is why Charlie needs him in the 3 spot. So why make your best hitter bunt when you already have someone in scoring position?

Somewhat surprised to see Domonic in against Dickey. Good thing it's an early game, hopefully I can get last night out of my head.
I wouldn't worry too much. They had just won 5 games in a row. They gotta loose every now and then.

However if they get shutout again today, then there could be a problem.

Old
08-08-2010, 12:15 PM
mm6492

Surprised to see Dom Brown in there against Dickey. And Gload hitting 3rd....just seems like a big joke.

Closed Thread