HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Phillies 2010 - Getting on the DL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2010, 08:48 PM
  #26
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
******* this offense

hamels and the roys deserve better than what they get

sg12lw is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 10:49 PM
  #27
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,568
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
******* this offense

hamels and the roys deserve better than what they get
I agree, but Johan is no slouch either.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
  #28
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I agree, but Johan is no slouch either.
agreed, hes still darn good

...but its not just this game

i would guess that kendrick blanton and moyer are near the top is run support,while the other 3 are near the bottom

the good guys never get the support....its funny how it always seems to work like that

sg12lw is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 11:04 PM
  #29
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
agreed, hes still darn good

...but its not just this game

i would guess that kendrick blanton and moyer are near the top is run support,while the other 3 are near the bottom

the good guys never get the support....its funny how it always seems to work like that
Definitely not a coincidence. Subconsious or not, when the offense sees Roy I, Roy II, or Cole pitching, they think, "Hey, these guys don't need a lot of runs to win a game" and put up these lackluster performances. That's not just a Phils problem either, that extends all through baseball.

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 11:17 PM
  #30
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,568
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
agreed, hes still darn good

...but its not just this game

i would guess that kendrick blanton and moyer are near the top is run support,while the other 3 are near the bottom

the good guys never get the support....its funny how it always seems to work like that
It also tends to work out that Roys and Cole face the top end rotation starters, whereas Blanton and Kendrick will face their lowly 4-5 guys

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 11:39 PM
  #31
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
They would have won that game had it not been for some ****** base running.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
  #32
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I would also like to add I ****ing hate krod

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 02:01 AM
  #33
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
The lack of run support for Hamels strikes again.

I feel like the title should read "Keeping it on the DL," but I suppose I'm just being too picky.

Terence Peterman is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 02:55 AM
  #34
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Can't win 'em all, folks. Doc's on the mound tomorrow, and we're going to end up taking 2 of 3 from the My Entire Team Sucks.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 07:13 AM
  #35
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Guaranteed win today because:

1. mets have not won back to back games for a long, long time.
2. mets have not won a road series this year. lol

I refuse to capitalize mets.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 08:43 AM
  #36
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Can't win 'em all, folks. Doc's on the mound tomorrow, and we're going to end up taking 2 of 3 from the My Entire Team Sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Guaranteed win today because:

1. mets have not won back to back games for a long, long time.
2. mets have not won a road series this year. lol

I refuse to capitalize mets.
I hope so, but who's getting the hits off the knuckleballer today...

might2mash is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
  #37
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Do they hate Hamels or something? Guy gets zero run support. Look at this season...

8 IP, 2 ER, Loss
8 IP, 1 ER, No-decision
6.1 IP, 2 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 1 ER, No decision
8 IP, 1 ER, No decision
7 IP, 1 ER, Loss

Additionally, the team has won 1 game for him where he allowed more than 3 ER and that was on April 12.

I know that W-L supposedly doesn't matter, but it's fun to have a nice record and if he had gotten some more run support in a couple of these games, I feel like he could be 11-4 and feeling pretty good.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
  #38
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Do they hate Hamels or something? Guy gets zero run support. Look at this season...

8 IP, 2 ER, Loss
8 IP, 1 ER, No-decision
6.1 IP, 2 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, Loss
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 3 ER, No-decision
7 IP, 1 ER, No decision
8 IP, 1 ER, No decision
7 IP, 1 ER, Loss

Additionally, the team has won 1 game for him where he allowed more than 3 ER and that was on April 12.

I know that W-L supposedly doesn't matter, but it's fun to have a nice record and if he had gotten some more run support in a couple of these games, I feel like he could be 11-4 and feeling pretty good.
He does seem like a ******, and I do have a theory that pitchers that are douches don't get as good run support as other guys (Mussina never seemed to get good run support anywhere he was).

In other news, I HATED the decision to bunt Polanco last night. You have one of the best hitters for average in baseball up there with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd (so, you have someone in scoring position). I realize you're concerned about the double play (especially with Ibanez running), but I think you gotta let Polanco swing there...

Jester is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 09:27 AM
  #39
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I didn't like the bunt either, that probably cost them the tying run, but its only one game.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 09:51 AM
  #40
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He does seem like a ******, and I do have a theory that pitchers that are douches don't get as good run support as other guys (Mussina never seemed to get good run support anywhere he was).

In other news, I HATED the decision to bunt Polanco last night. You have one of the best hitters for average in baseball up there with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd (so, you have someone in scoring position). I realize you're concerned about the double play (especially with Ibanez running), but I think you gotta let Polanco swing there...
We were talking about that exact same thing last night particularly considering that this is a 3 year thing now, it doesn't just seem like a fluke.

On the Polanco thing, I can see it either way, I'm personally more pissed about Werth's absolutely retarded baserunning the inning before. I mean, there's absolutely no excuse for that, the ball was hit right at Reyes, really poor decision.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:07 AM
  #41
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
We were talking about that exact same thing last night particularly considering that this is a 3 year thing now, it doesn't just seem like a fluke.
I'd be curious what the social dynamics are on this Phils team... does Hamels hang out with the guys, or no?

Quote:
On the Polanco thing, I can see it either way, I'm personally more pissed about Werth's absolutely retarded baserunning the inning before. I mean, there's absolutely no excuse for that, the ball was hit right at Reyes, really poor decision.
It was a bad decision by Werth, but at the same time I understand trying to be a bit aggressive with the way Santana had been pitching... and it's a spur of the moment type of thing. The decision to bunt is something you have time to sit down and say, "is this the right thing to do?"

What's sort of amazing about that decision is that it is SOOOOOO conservative, and Charlie has never really been a conservative offensive manager. The injuries are clearly affecting him a lot.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
  #42
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It was a bad decision by Werth, but at the same time I understand trying to be a bit aggressive with the way Santana had been pitching... and it's a spur of the moment type of thing. The decision to bunt is something you have time to sit down and say, "is this the right thing to do?"

What's sort of amazing about that decision is that it is SOOOOOO conservative, and Charlie has never really been a conservative offensive manager. The injuries are clearly affecting him a lot.
I can see the rationale though because Werth had doubled in his previous AB and then they had Sweeney coming up.

I don't think I would have done the same thing because as you said, Polanco is a great hitter, but it's not something I'm really up in-arms about, 2 games out with nearly 2 months to play is very salvageable.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:25 AM
  #43
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
The lineup they are trotting out there right now isn't exactly the 08 and 09 WS team... they are lacking a lot of offense right now, so I'm impressed with how well they have been playing actually.

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:26 AM
  #44
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Todays lineup vs RA Dickey:

Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Gload 1B, Ibanez LF, Werth CF, Brown RF, Schneider C, Valdez 2B, Halladay

vs

Reyes-SS, Pagan-RF, Beltran-CF, Wright-3B, Davis-1B, Martinez-LF, Thole-C, Tejada-2B, Dickey-RHP

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
  #45
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,568
vCash: 50
I'm so sick of RA Dickey. Fall back to earth you journeyman

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:47 AM
  #46
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
In other news, I HATED the decision to bunt Polanco last night. You have one of the best hitters for average in baseball up there with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd (so, you have someone in scoring position). I realize you're concerned about the double play (especially with Ibanez running), but I think you gotta let Polanco swing there...
Agreed, I was very disappointed with that decision. He's our best hitter right now, which is why Charlie needs him in the 3 spot. So why make your best hitter bunt when you already have someone in scoring position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Todays lineup vs RA Dickey:

Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Gload 1B, Ibanez LF, Werth CF, Brown RF, Schneider C, Valdez 2B, Halladay

vs

Reyes-SS, Pagan-RF, Beltran-CF, Wright-3B, Davis-1B, Martinez-LF, Thole-C, Tejada-2B, Dickey-RHP
Somewhat surprised to see Domonic in against Dickey. Good thing it's an early game, hopefully I can get last night out of my head.

might2mash is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:48 AM
  #47
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
The lineup they are trotting out there right now isn't exactly the 08 and 09 WS team... they are lacking a lot of offense right now, so I'm impressed with how well they have been playing actually.
If this team makes the playoffs, it's a minor miracle given the man days they've lost to injury... and key ones, too.

Braves have to be sweating bullets at this point... If I am them, I want a 5-6 game cushion at least before they get to September give the way this team has shown their closing ability.

Jester is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:55 AM
  #48
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If this team makes the playoffs, it's a minor miracle given the man days they've lost to injury... and key ones, too.

Braves have to be sweating bullets at this point... If I am them, I want a 5-6 game cushion at least before they get to September give the way this team has shown their closing ability.
The thing is, IF we get in and are healthy, we SHOULD be really, really dangerous.

I mean, we can get away with a 3 man rotation with Halladay pitching 3x per series and Oswalt and Hamels the other 4, I think anybody in the MLB is going to have trouble with that although I would not want to play the Cards.

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
  #49
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Agreed, I was very disappointed with that decision. He's our best hitter right now, which is why Charlie needs him in the 3 spot. So why make your best hitter bunt when you already have someone in scoring position?



Somewhat surprised to see Domonic in against Dickey. Good thing it's an early game, hopefully I can get last night out of my head.
I wouldn't worry too much. They had just won 5 games in a row. They gotta loose every now and then.

However if they get shutout again today, then there could be a problem.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
08-08-2010, 12:15 PM
  #50
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Surprised to see Dom Brown in there against Dickey. And Gload hitting 3rd....just seems like a big joke.

mm6492 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.