HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-08-2010, 12:20 AM
  #26
Wildlife
Registered User
 
Wildlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
IMO the only reason this Burns-Kaberle thing isn't laughable is because of Burn's recent injury string. Kaberle is 32! Burns is 25. They have fairly equal skills in my opinion, so why would we give up the younger Burns who's signed longer and to a better contract? Burns has been stated to be one of our building blocks for the next few years, he's not moving unless its overpayment...and none of these deals are close so far.

Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:28 AM
  #27
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
It was an interesting idea brought up by someone else, how would Minnesota fans feel about Grabovski + Caputi for PMB and maybe a late pick? I think PMB has better upside that Grabo, but is a serious question mark at this point injury-wise. Would Wild fans consider something around a Grabo - PMB trade?
Asolutely YES!

We'll even throw in Sheppard!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:29 AM
  #28
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 665
I wonder what team Kaberle hasn't been offered to yet on HFboard.

Pure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:35 AM
  #29
hdtrax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 View Post
Toronto isn't getting Brent Burns if that's the package they're willing to offer Minnesota.
If someone posted the Phaneuf trade weeks before it happen, this is the same response they would've gotten

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:51 AM
  #30
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
If someone posted the Phaneuf trade weeks before it happen, this is the same response they would've gotten
Except, it was a known fact that Phaneuf was on the block. It is a known fact right now that Brent Burns is NOT on the block.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 01:05 AM
  #31
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
Burns is younger, cheaper, signed longer and is better defensively. Kaberle is better offensively. Minnesota has Zidlicky and Barker already as offensive defense-men. This doesn't make the Wild better, now or in the future.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:20 AM
  #32
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancunian View Post
Brunette, Burns and 3rd in 2011 for Kaberle, Beauchemin, Jerome Flaake and Kenny Ryan
Can't tell if you're serious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post
IMO the only reason this Burns-Kaberle thing isn't laughable is because of Burn's recent injury string. Kaberle is 32! Burns is 25.
What injury string? He had one concussion...possibly two...but I think it's one just never cleared up until recently and it might not have even been a concussion.

Burns had some rust, shook it off and should be good to go.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:11 AM
  #33
Paladin2799
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
Burns is younger, cheaper, signed longer and is better defensively. Kaberle is better offensively. Minnesota has Zidlicky and Barker already as offensive defense-men. This doesn't make the Wild better, now or in the future.
The bolded is what I dont agree with.

This trade trades short term forward depth in exchange with major defensive depth and skill.

They trade a good young defenseman and a 36 year old ufa left winger for a 32 year old top2 defenseman with great offensive skills, a top4 defenseman with grit, and a probable 2nd line winger. Caputi isnt just some player, he was worth a top6 winger in poni and was well respected on the pits organization. He replaced brunette this year, or you can bring in someone like torres or stempniak or something to fill that hole having stocked up on defense.

Toronto is giving up alot of skill and talent here, and all we are really getting back is burns. Brunette is a great tieover till next year.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:13 AM
  #34
grN1g
Registered User
 
grN1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
The bolded is what I dont agree with.

This trade trades short term forward depth in exchange with major defensive depth and skill.

They trade a good young defenseman and a 36 year old ufa left winger for a 32 year old top2 defenseman with great offensive skills, a top4 defenseman with grit, and a probable 2nd line winger. Caputi isnt just some player, he was worth a top6 winger in poni and was well respected on the pits organization. He replaced brunette this year, or you can bring in someone like torres or stempniak or something to fill that hole having stocked up on defense.

Toronto is giving up alot of skill and talent here, and all we are really getting back is burns. Brunette is a great tieover till next year.
wild still keep burns and brunette.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:46 AM
  #35
LeafsForTheCup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold View Post
Kaberles Value To People with a clue l----l
Kaberles Value to leafs fans l----------------------------------l
Dude Kaberle's value is alot more then what non-leafs fans think.
He is a good puck moving D that is at least a top 3 D on any team!!
I hate when people like you just say he aint worth alot!!

LeafsForTheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
  #36
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsForTheCup View Post
Dude Kaberle's value is alot more then what non-leafs fans think.
He is a good puck moving D that is at least a top 3 D on any team!!
I hate when people like you just say he aint worth alot!!
I actually think he's a top pairing D on most if not every team.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:55 AM
  #37
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
32 year old top2 defenseman with great offensive skills,
Who is also an UFA

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:56 AM
  #38
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold View Post
Kaberles Value To People with a clue l----l
Kaberles Value to leafs fans l----------------------------------l
Value of this post ||

Toronto gives up too much for what they get back

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:12 AM
  #39
Ikarn Johal*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Country: India
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 View Post
Kaberle's value to people with a clue: l----------------l
Kaberle's value to Leafs fans: l----------------------------------l
Kaberle's value to people with an irrational hatred towards the Leafs/people who are sick of hearing about Kaberle being traded: l---l
^ This.
Kaberle for Clowe! End of story.

Ikarn Johal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
  #40
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Oh god. I haven't seen one good proposal on this thread. Awful.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 05:14 PM
  #41
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,853
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatsFan48 View Post
Oh god. I haven't seen one good proposal on this thread. Awful.
Especially the one where the Wild give up the Tenderness and Burns. Reality doesn't seem to matter to some folks.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
  #42
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsForTheCup View Post
Dude Kaberle's value is alot more then what non-leafs fans think.
He is a good puck moving D that is at least a top 3 D on any team!!
I hate when people like you just say he aint worth alot!!
Kaberles value is what a team will trade for him. Everything else is theoretical. There is no shame in over valuing you're players, but just because he is valuable to your team doesn't mean he has anywhere near the value to another team. Burrows is valuable to Vancouver, but does he have the same value in terms of assets to other teams? Lord no. To non-Canuck fans they see him as a simple, 1 dimension aggetator and a product of the Sedins (not true at all, but this is a different thread). Same with, say, Burns. While he may not fetch what Minnesota fans would expect for him, they are not shopping him, or proposing he is traded for an unreasonable sum. They would rather keep him because his on ice value far exceeds what other teams will pay for him.

Just because Kaberle has value to the Leafs, being the only PMD/offensive player on the back end, and being the longest standing Dman and 2nd highest scoring in Leafs history, and he put up 60 points one season, and invented the internet, and ended world famine doesnt mean he has that value to a team with multiple PMDs of similar skill. Kaberle is not as valuable to the Wild, or Ducks, or Flyers, as he is to the Leafs, and therefore the Wild will not trade for a slight upgrade at the expense of youth, cap space, loyalty (Kaberle will likely not resign) or indeed anything short of a massive blind robbery of Toronto to acquire his services.

It's not a matter of "Kaberle has no value to anyone" but a matter of he is more valuable to the Leafs then other teams, and therefore should not be traded if Toronto doesn't want another teams approximation of his value coming back.


Last edited by Cogburn: 08-08-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: poor spelling, edit 1 of 1
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:11 PM
  #43
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
If someone posted the Phaneuf trade weeks before it happen, this is the same response they would've gotten
All that really tells me is that Darryl Sutter shouldn't be an NHL GM and just because Burkie took advantage of the Flames he's not likely to hit that same lottery again.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:17 PM
  #44
North Metro Peewees
Registered User
 
North Metro Peewees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly Stupid
Country: United States
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
The bolded is what I dont agree with.

This trade trades short term forward depth in exchange with major defensive depth and skill.

They trade a good young defenseman and a 36 year old ufa left winger for a 32 year old top2 defenseman with great offensive skills, a top4 defenseman with grit, and a probable 2nd line winger. Caputi isnt just some player, he was worth a top6 winger in poni and was well respected on the pits organization. He replaced brunette this year, or you can bring in someone like torres or stempniak or something to fill that hole having stocked up on defense.

Toronto is giving up alot of skill and talent here, and all we are really getting back is burns. Brunette is a great tieover till next year.
The problem with your line of thinking is that Burns (before his injury issues) was well on his way to being a top pairing defenseman who not only adds offensive production but is a physical force. Kaberle adds offense but is not a physical force on defense.

Sorry, but because Burns is beginning to return to 2007-08 form he is more valuable to the Wild and I still believe he will put up comparable offensive numbers to Kaberle. I'm comfortable predicting Burns should be good for 12-15 goals and 35-40 assists next season.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:40 PM
  #45
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,615
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever View Post
I don't know if the value is fair, but here is my proposal:

To Minnesota:
Tomas Kaberle + Mikhail Grabovski + Robert Slaney

To Toronto:
Guillaume Latendresse + Pierre-Marc Bouchard + James Sheppard
IF Bouchard was cleared... and healthy, i'd be stoked with this deal... but i think kabs and grabo would be enough... stefanovich could be thrown in i suppose.

Bouchard with kulemin and kessel would be crazy!

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
  #46
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Kaberles value is what a team will trade for him. Everything else is theoretical. There is no shame in over valuing you're players, but just because he is valuable to your team doesn't mean he has anywhere near the value to another team. Burrows is valuable to Vancouver, but does he have the same value in terms of assets to other teams? Lord no. To non-Canuck fans they see him as a simple, 1 dimension aggetator and a product of the Sedins (not true at all, but this is a different thread). Same with, say, Burns. While he may not fetch what Minnesota fans would expect for him, they are not shopping him, or proposing he is traded for an unreasonable sum. They would rather keep him because his on ice value far exceeds what other teams will pay for him.

Just because Kaberle has value to the Leafs, being the only PMD/offensive player on the back end, and being the longest standing Dman and 2nd highest scoring in Leafs history, and he put up 60 points one season, and invented the internet, and ended world famine doesnt mean he has that value to a team with multiple PMDs of similar skill. Kaberle is not as valuable to the Wild, or Ducks, or Flyers, as he is to the Leafs, and therefore the Wild will not trade for a slight upgrade at the expense of youth, cap space, loyalty (Kaberle will likely not resign) or indeed anything short of a massive blind robbery of Toronto to acquire his services.

It's not a matter of "Kaberle has no value to anyone" but a matter of he is more valuable to the Leafs then other teams, and therefore should not be traded if Toronto doesn't want another teams approximation of his value coming back.


Bravo North West Division foe. Nice to see that someone outside of fellow Wild fans has some sort of grasp of the currently structured Minnesota team.

Look Toronto fans, I'm sure Kaberle's a great guy and would be a nice addition to some team. But taking a look at the make up of the Minnesota Wild it's hard to see any circumstance where Kaberle would fit on this team. Especially at the expense of a young defenseman who's shown promise. Please, stop proposing deals sending Kaberle to the Wild. It just isn't a good fit.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:35 PM
  #47
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Kaberles value is what a team will trade for him. Everything else is theoretical. There is no shame in over valuing you're players, but just because he is valuable to your team doesn't mean he has anywhere near the value to another team. Burrows is valuable to Vancouver, but does he have the same value in terms of assets to other teams? Lord no. To non-Canuck fans they see him as a simple, 1 dimension aggetator and a product of the Sedins (not true at all, but this is a different thread). Same with, say, Burns. While he may not fetch what Minnesota fans would expect for him, they are not shopping him, or proposing he is traded for an unreasonable sum. They would rather keep him because his on ice value far exceeds what other teams will pay for him.

Just because Kaberle has value to the Leafs, being the only PMD/offensive player on the back end, and being the longest standing Dman and 2nd highest scoring in Leafs history, and he put up 60 points one season, and invented the internet, and ended world famine doesnt mean he has that value to a team with multiple PMDs of similar skill. Kaberle is not as valuable to the Wild, or Ducks, or Flyers, as he is to the Leafs, and therefore the Wild will not trade for a slight upgrade at the expense of youth, cap space, loyalty (Kaberle will likely not resign) or indeed anything short of a massive blind robbery of Toronto to acquire his services.

It's not a matter of "Kaberle has no value to anyone" but a matter of he is more valuable to the Leafs then other teams, and therefore should not be traded if Toronto doesn't want another teams approximation of his value coming back.
Well said. There will be someone who decides they want Kaberle, no doubt in my mind, but the Wild and Flyers make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
  #48
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,800
vCash: 500
Ah yes, what the Wild need more of is a bunch of mediocre players from a crappy team. That would really bring it together.

What the Wild need is a top line goal scorer, so if Kessel isn't involved in the traded proposal, I don't care.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:22 AM
  #49
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,853
vCash: 528
If Kaberle is so good, why are there so many proposals trying to get rid of him.?

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.