HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose-Vancouver (Couture/Edler)

Old
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Tealblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
So how about Bieksa for Couture + a conditional 2nd (conditional on Bieksa re-signing)?

Deffinitly improves SJ and Vancouver for the upcoming season.
young future 2nd line center>>>fringe 2nd pair dman w/injury issues.

counter:
white+7th rounder for bieksa

^there's his value. Surely he's not better than ehrhoff? Plus you guys are in a similar cap situation as we were-with the added advantage of actually having D depth, you'd love to just dump him.

As for this thread in general, the whole edler for couture thing just isn't happening if you hadn't noticed. Canucks aren't exactly in need of another young center, although raymond does suck. Certainly they aren't desperate enough to trade away their young talented future #1 dman.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:45 AM
GCM
Stork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post

counter:

^there's his value. Surely he's not better than ehrhoff? Plus you guys are in a similar cap situation as we were-with the added advantage of actually having D depth, you'd love to just dump him.

As for this thread in general, the whole edler for couture thing just isn't happening if you hadn't noticed. Canucks aren't exactly in need of another young center, although raymond does suck. Certainly they aren't desperate enough to trade away their young talented future #1 dman.
Except unlike the Sharks, if we're dumping a d-man for scraps, we'll be sure to send him to the east so he doesn't burn us in the future.

And how does Raymond suck? He scored 25 goals, is only 24 years old and plays the penalty kill on top of being one of the fastest players in the league and he's on a reasonable contract.

High standards much?

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Thorntonfan97
Thank you Nabby

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Quote:
So how about Bieksa for Couture + a conditional 2nd (conditional on Bieksa re-signing)?

You obviously havent seen Couture play he si a great speedy forward who can playmake and score.He is 6'1''.So a young prospect who hasent reached his full potential for and injury prone D who already reached his potential??

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Don't generalize. Most sharks fans dont even post in deals in here. The ones that do are either 'new' (Jpavs) or uhm, over enthusiastic.

Jpavs deal does not take into account Vancouvers needs, or lack there of to move Edler.

The other deal is just silly, and as usual, involves way too many players.
Perhaps I didn't express that like I mean to. I wasn't trying to say, "Oh those Sharks fans..." I meant that I looked at the proposal between Van and SJ and that by the players involved that it was a Sharks fan who posted it rather than a Canucks fan.

I think that's a real good way to judge the fairness of the trade as a 3rd party. Look at the offer and try to pick which team the OP is a fan of. Not a shot at Sharks fans or even this specific one.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

I love how every player on every Canadian team is untouchable ... awesome

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Orochimaru
Ten Thousand Snakes

If this deal happens, goodbye Cody Hodgson.

Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:28 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post

counter:

There is one big difference between the SJ situation last year and the Vancouver situation this year. Last year SJ was hell bent on getting Dany Heatley and had to move salary to make the trade work for them. Vancouver already has a full roster, no need to make a move out of desperation.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Ikarn Johal*

Canucks don't need another top 6 player that is a center as they have enough depth at center with Sedin, Kesler, Malholtra, Hodgson.
I could see a soft deal for Beiska though.

Ikarn Johal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Kevin Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofreak1 View Post
no, Edler is untouchable, unless its for a substantial upgrade on him, which wont happen. If he gets some consistency he could very well contend for the norris one day, not someone we want to trade.
Edler...Norris?

He's a good dman but you just look like a homer with that post. Just look at the western conference dmen with Doughty/Keith/Weber/Jbo/Burns/Yandle etc.

I would say that the chances of Edler ever becoming a Norris contender one day are slim to none.

Kevin Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:31 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post

You obviously havent seen Couture play he si a great speedy forward who can playmake and score.He is 6'1''.So a young prospect who hasent reached his full potential for and injury prone D who already reached his potential??
Couture is average or slow, he is by no means speedy. His skating is his biggest issue.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:33 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I love that you think a contending team should trade it's best defenceman for picks and prospects. Awesome.

Canadian fans are stupid because Canuck fans aren't willing to create a huge hole in their team to help a conference rival.

mrmyheadhurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongold View Post
There is one big difference between the SJ situation last year and the Vancouver situation this year. Last year SJ was hell bent on getting Dany Heatley and had to move salary to make the trade work for them. Vancouver already has a full roster, no need to make a move out of desperation.
Dany Heatley didn't have anything to do with Ehrhoff, it was signing Rob Blake that lead to the trade.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:48 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I love how people don't know the difference between untouchable and getting something you need in return for an asset.

There isn't a player on the Canucks I wouldn't trade in a second to improve our team... but why would you consider dealing a player that addresses a current need for returns that don't?

Is that really so hard for some fans to understand?

I'd deal Edler in a second for a return that address a bigger need then one that Edler fills now. Couture doesn't do that at all - he give a team that already has a solid 3rd line center and 2 quality top-6 center prospects in the pipeline yet another player to fill the same role. Edler isn't untouchable - he's just not available for assets that don't address any team needs.

Give me a right handed version of Edler, and he's yours. Otherwise he's going to fill a bigger need than anything we're going to get in return for him.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

Not a chance.

08-08-2010, 12:04 PM
arsmaster

Vancouver has no desire for Couture, I believe there brass feel Hodgson and Schroeder have more upside.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Kagee*

SJ is never getting Edler, for numerous points made already..so......./thread.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Nuckles
Professional Amateur

vCash: 50
The only players leaving Vancouver are Bieksa, Alberts/O'Brien (if they re-sign Mitchell), and Hordichuk.

All they need to do is free up cap space, not trade away a very good young d-man.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:35 PM
God
Free Citizen

I'd trade Edler if San Jose gives us their 1st round picks for 100 years (this extends to any team in San Jose, and any future franchises linked with the San Jose Sharks in case of relocation).

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:53 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

I can't see the Nucks trading with the Sharks... or the Hawks... or LA.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post

Right. If Logan is so good, make him your 2nd line centre and trade Pavelski for a top 4 dman.

Right now Couture is a 3rd liner who hasn't had the greatest development curve (not saying bust but deffinitly wouldn't go top 10 if the draft was held again today).

Where would Bieksa fit on your teams depth chart on D?

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Belfour View Post
Edler...Norris?

He's a good dman but you just look like a homer with that post. Just look at the western conference dmen with Doughty/Keith/Weber/Jbo/Burns/Yandle etc.

I would say that the chances of Edler ever becoming a Norris contender one day are slim to none.
Edler is equal to, if not already better than Yandle, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Neither of those two, and in my opinion, Burns, are in the same class as the rest of those you've listed.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

The overall point for the OP is that a smart person first figures out their own teams needs and what is the max they will be willing to give for it, and then you have to find a team that has a need for the assets you can give while fitting into their org's plan(Cup run, Contender, Rebuild, Internal Cap etc)

And on top of that you have to both teams cap situations into account. Then and only then should any of us think about posting.

Last edited by Patty Ice: 08-08-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: qdp
AndyPipkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

vCash: 50
Granted VAN's C position is pretty much solidified and hence is the most recurring counter-argument. But few are taking into consideration that Couture can play the wing if necessary.

Chaotic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Cogburn

Even playing wing, Couture doesn't really fit the mold of what we are looking for. He is talented for sure, but we've had alot of players with his kind of skill set and/or mentality masquerading around in our bottom six (Wellwood, Bernier, Pyatt, Samuelsson, Demitra, etc.) and it hasn't worked out well. Out top six is pretty well set, and with guys like Hodgson and maybe Schroeder or Shirokov pushing for a position who may end up in our bottom six anyway, I don't see why we need Couture at the wing or down the middle.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:12 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic8 View Post
Granted VAN's C position is pretty much solidified and hence is the most recurring counter-argument. But few are taking into consideration that Couture can play the wing if necessary.
it doesn't matter at all when considering a trade for Edler... there are a lot more reasons than just Couture being a center why this makes no sense for the Canucks.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote