HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cody Goloubef

Old
08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
mjsnipe

vCash: 500
Cody Goloubef

is there anyway the leafs could acquire this guy? if so, what would it cost

really like this guy, looks like he could turn out to be an elite PMD in this league. also i know him personally (hes from my town )

mjsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsnipe View Post
is there anyway the leafs could acquire this guy? if so, what would it cost

really like this guy, looks like he could turn out to be an elite PMD in this league. also i know him personally (hes from my town )
You know, it's funny you mentioned Goloubef because I had a trade back when a Vancouver/CBJ trade was rumoured that centred around Goloubef and a pick for Bieksa.

To Columbus fans, is something like Goloubef + 3rd good value for Bieksa?

KeslerKrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

IMO Cody is going to be a better d-man than Bieksa, without the mean streak. I don't think I'd do it, but you'll hear differently from other CBJ fans.

Old
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
mjsnipe

would something along the lines of kaberle for goloubef+filatov work for columbus fans?

or if that's too much something like kaberle for goloubef+calvert+2nd/3rd ?

mjsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Xoggz22

Having not seen Cody at the professional level it's hard to really put a value. He appears to be highly thought of by the Jackets brass and seems to have a skill set Columbus really needs. Certainly he could be part of a deal for a player like Kaberle. I don't think there is much else on the Leafs that makes sense for Columbus right now.

I'd like to see him play in Springfield this year before making any judgement on value.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
would something along the lines of kaberle for goloubef+filatov work for columbus fans?

First one: I wouldn't trade Filatov straight up for Kaberle.

Second one: it's tough to say. Calvert could be our Jamie Benn, but it does give us immediate help. I'm just not sure if it's worth it for a year of Kaberle though. If that deal happened, I wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep, but we're really high on Calvert.

I'd include Goloubef for Kaberle, not sure what to add.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Columbus isn't in much of a position to trade youth for Bieksa or Kaberle. It would be best to package a young player with an older player to obtain them, in my opinion.

The values are pretty even though (except for the filatov + goloubef one). What about Clark + Goloubef for Bieksa? I don't know how the salaries would play out, though as Clark is overpaid.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Crede777
Deputized

^ Double post ^

Last edited by Crede777: 08-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old
08-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Goloubef couldn't even produce a 0.4 PPG in college, he won't be an elite PMD in the show.

He's a jack-of-all trades type defenceman and that is just fine.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Goloubef couldn't even produce a 0.4 PPG in college, he won't be an elite PMD in the show.

He's a jack-of-all trades type defenceman and that is just fine.
This, to an extent. He was never really "given the reigns" so to speak at Wisconsin. He was used as a two way guy, which is great because he's fairly solid at both ends of the ice. He could, however, still develop into an PMD but that's unlikely.

I'm not sure I trade Cody for Kaberle unless he's already signed an extension. Goloubef could be a solid 2/3 in a couple years and we'll need another guy like that on the team as some contracts expire. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I would prefer to do it for someone who would give us immediate help for more than a season (i.e. someone like Gologoski or Coburn, if they were available).

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Cody is available in the right deal.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
WhitecourtWolverine

Well is Bieksa for Goloubef and a 3rd a fair deal

WhitecourtWolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Doug19

I don't want Bieska personally. I'd rather go with our current group than and keep our youth.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:10 AM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Good discussion in this thread.

If there was to be a trade for Kaberle, Columbus would almost certainly need to add a top six forward. Obviously this is going to be a sticking point amongst fans, as Leafs fans shoot for the stars and Columbus fans say 'no dice' because what team without cap issues will want to give up a top six forward for a potential rental?

What does the Jackets top six forwards look like next year, and are any of those pieces remotely available?

grind your soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by grind your soul View Post
Good discussion in this thread.

If there was to be a trade for Kaberle, Columbus would almost certainly need to add a top six forward. Obviously this is going to be a sticking point amongst fans, as Leafs fans shoot for the stars and Columbus fans say 'no dice' because what team without cap issues will want to give up a top six forward for a potential rental?

What does the Jackets top six forwards look like next year, and are any of those pieces remotely available?
The top 6 looks like:
Huselius - Vermette - Nash
Umberger/Filatov - Brassard - Voracek

Some combination of those 7 players with likely Filatov or Umberger being bumped down.
Nash obviously isn't available. Brassard and Vermette would require a better top 6 center coming back as the Jackets are weak up the middle. Voracek would require overpayment, and likely is unavailable. Umberger is one of the biggest leaders in the locker room and is valuable in the playoffs. That leaves Filatov and Huselius. Obviously the Jackets wouldn't trade youth for one year of Kaberle because, let's be honest, we are a few years away from going anywhere in the playoffs.

If Burke wants a top 6 forward for Kaberle from a team other than an immediate cup contender, he needs to do a sign and trade sooner than later.

Old
08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
bringthecuphome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
The top 6 looks like:
Huselius - Vermette - Nash
Umberger/Filatov - Brassard - Voracek

Some combination of those 7 players with likely Filatov or Umberger being bumped down.
Nash obviously isn't available. Brassard and Vermette would require a better top 6 center coming back as the Jackets are weak up the middle. Voracek would require overpayment, and likely is unavailable. Umberger is one of the biggest leaders in the locker room and is valuable in the playoffs. That leaves Filatov and Huselius. Obviously the Jackets wouldn't trade youth for one year of Kaberle because, let's be honest, we are a few years away from going anywhere in the playoffs.

If Burke wants a top 6 forward for Kaberle from a team other than an immediate cup contender, he needs to do a sign and trade sooner than later.
Grabovski and a resigned Kaberle for Brassard? Grabovski gives you a young top six center (I know he's not better than Brassard) and you get Kaberle signed to a 3-5 year extension to help along your young D-man. I don't really know how high you vale Brassard so dont flame me if the value of the deal is way off.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
Grabovski and a resigned Kaberle for Brassard? Grabovski gives you a young top six center (I know he's not better than Brassard) and you get Kaberle signed to a 3-5 year extension to help along your young D-man. I don't really know how high you vale Brassard so dont flame me if the value of the deal is way off.
That's not the worst proposal I've seen, I would do it for sure, the difference between Grabovski and Brassard is minimal, and the key to your statement I liked is a "re-signed" Kaberle which is crucial since he wouldn't sign here if he was a UFA. Brassard has struggled obviously but it's possible that all he needs is a change of scenary to get back on track.
Grabovski is pretty close to Brassard and that's enough to do that deal.

Old
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Columbus would have to add something. The difference between Grabs and Brass isn't a resigned Kaberle. It would likely be a mid-prospect or pick going back to TO.

Old
08-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
This has been discussed before, and Grabovski isn't going to pry Brassard away. He's overpaid, and doesn't have Brassard's potential.

If Toronto wants a top six forward involved in a Kaberle deal, Huselius is the only one we're willing to part with. I'd go for a Huselius + Goloubef for Kaberle, but that's about it. Kaberle won't sign with a Western conference team it sounds like.

Old
08-08-2010, 01:45 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
That's not the worst proposal I've seen, I would do it for sure, the difference between Grabovski and Brassard is minimal, and the key to your statement I liked is a "re-signed" Kaberle which is crucial since he wouldn't sign here if he was a UFA. Brassard has struggled obviously but it's possible that all he needs is a change of scenary to get back on track.
Grabovski is pretty close to Brassard and that's enough to do that deal.
Hon, if you underrate Brassard in one of these one more time I'm going to drive up there and beat you to death with oranges.

NO.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Hon, if you underrate Brassard in one of these one more time I'm going to drive up there and beat you to death with oranges.

NO.
Yeah, it's gotten out of hand. Brassard had a tough season last year, but it was only his first full year, and 36 points in a player's first full year isn't out of the ordinary. He's still the same guy that was on fire two years ago, it's not like he's forgotten how to play, he just had some confidence issues last year. There's no way I'd swap him for Grabovski.

Old
08-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Annyways, back on the original thread topic. CodyG is not the sort of prospect I want to be giving away; he could be one heck of an effective two-way guy, and we need more of those.

However, if we have a good chance of resigning Kaberle (debatable - he's said he likes the East, but we're the eastermost West team), then Huselius + CodyG for him would be perfectly fine.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

NO.
Classic Viqsi, overrating every CBJ player and underrating everyone else.

Grabovski and Brassard, not much difference. I don't care if you like it or not, Brassard isn't going to effect the win column any more than Grabovski would.
The difference is negligible, not sure what was hard to understand about my post.

Old
08-08-2010, 04:03 PM
bringthecuphome

Seems like everyone is fine with a brassard for Kaberle and Grabo trade (I think think Columbus might have to add a low-mid prospect, say Tomas Kana?) , shall I call Burkie or do you wanna call Howson?

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote