HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Anaheim

Old
08-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Bozak Schenn & Khadri for Ryan
Who is Khadri? Is he some new prospect or something? Hmm thats weird...

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Okay, now this is just getting ridiculous. That does not help the Leafs at all. People have gotten into there heads that the Leafs need to overpay for everything because there the Leafs and they make bad proposals. The fact is that some of the Leaf fans do make bad proposals, but at this point the fans of other teams are making proposals that are just as bad.
its a small overpayment from Toronto. Ryan+5th for Kadri+Schenn+Gunnarson is a fair trade. Gotta give to get.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
its a small overpayment from Toronto. Ryan+5th for Kadri+Schenn+Gunnarson is a fair trade. Gotta give to get.
Explain to me how that helps the Leafs.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Quote:
Haha you wish you could get those 3 players for Ryan LMAO!

Keep trying Duck fans

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Loso

Quote:
What's the point of the 5th? An extra plus to convince us that we're not getting screwed? Ryan is a great player, but how is his 64 points and physical play, hell let's factor in potential, make him a PPG player, mean more to us than our future #2 and #3 (2b even) defensemen and top 6 (likely first line) centreman who's intagibles are just as good as Ryan's, all of which are on entry-level contracts which in a cap world is key to have a successful team, especially when we are nearing the cap ourselves.

Again, before the Anaheim army comes out, Ryan's a great player with high value and the fact that he's established gives him an even higher value boost, don't get me wrong, but not only do you need to take back some form of non-entry level salary, you can't possibly except us to gut our youth, destroy our defense, especially going forward, and take away from our offense in the future by dealing Kadri, which is the very thing that we're trying to improve by acquiring Ryan.

I get that Burke says that he wants a winger because that's what fits in our roster if we want to make the playoffs, but why give up our top assets and still not have a proven centre to build around, the whole point of this rebuild is to lead to contention, not several consecutive 8th place finishes, and without a #1C, we're going nowhere, Kaberle and/or Schenn could go for some sort of Winger, but taking away a top prospect in Kadri for a team that needs a top centreman and not getting one in return makes no sense. Exactly the same why you guys feel about trading Ryan for anything other than a shutdown stud, because that is your need, well the Leafs have needs too, trading all these guys for Ryan just creates holes everywhere.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Explain to me why we would trade you Bobby Ryan for anything less?

Old
08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Selanne138

its so funny how many Leafs fans want Bobby Ryan SOOOO badly, and then once they see that the crap they offer is not what it would take to get him, hes not worth it. If you dont wanna pony up the assets necessary, then you dont get Bobby Ryan, simple as that.

Old
08-08-2010, 01:34 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Another garbage offer for Ryan.
Yep

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I would easily move Schenn in a deal for Ryan.

But, I'd be hesitant to move both Schenn and Kaberle in the same deal for Ryan.

Not only does Anaheim not need Kaberle (they have Visnovsky), but Kaberle could then be dealt to some other team for a prospect defenseman to replace Schenn.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:07 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Explain to me why we would trade you Bobby Ryan for anything less?
I never said they should. I don't think they should move Ryan at all. What I'm saying is that doesn't help the Leafs.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 02:39 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
no thanks.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:17 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
So Beauchemin + Kaberle + Caputi + 1st 2012 + 1st 2013 + 2nd 2012? Lol if you think we would give up that much for Bobby Ryan.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Yes, everyone is a troll. I said two firsts, and a second. I wouldn't be so quick with the sarcasm if you can't read properly or between the lines.

Think about what you gave up for Kessel.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Who would play center for the Leafs? Grabo 1st line, Hanson 2nd line? Mitchell 2nd line?

I like Bobby Ryan a lot, and he's a star player for sure, but making a trade for him that actually HURTS the Leafs just doesn't make any sense. That deal would set us back another 2-3 years in getting to the playoffs, AT LEAST.

That is, unless Ryan or Kessel is secretly better at center than wing.

If it's a 3 for 1 deal, it's gotta be 2 D men and 1 forward going the Ducks' way. If not, then give up the dream cause a deal for Bobby Ryan that helps both teams won't be possible (which I'm not quite sure it is possible anyway)

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Volt

Anaheim tells Toronto to **** off with that deal pretty much

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Mainly because Ryan is the type of forward the Leafs desperately need and have no shot of getting for probably quite some time. Ryan and Kessel would have the potential to be one of the NHLs deadliest young duos, and with a nice defense led by Phaneuf and co, they're probably a playoff team, even with a Bozak or Grabovski as their first line center. Yeah, it's a lot to give, but the Leafs are getting a ton as well.

Personally, I thought of something that might work(although it's not enough of a rip off for most Leaf fans to accept it): Ryan, Holland for Kaberle, Schenn, Kadri and a conditional pick based on Kaberle re-signing. Leafs get Holland to somewhat replace Kadri in the prospect pool and get their guy. Anaheim adds two very promising defenders(one of which may be gone at years end, but that remains to be seen) and a nice prospect center.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:19 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Kaberle+Schenn+Caputi
or
Kadri+Schenn+Gunnarsson
You must be joking....that second one is a huge overpayment for Ryan.
3 players that could be worth Ryan 1 for 1 in a few seasons, and you wanna trade all 3 for Bobby freakin Ryan...... GTFO.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
ahtikullervo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
3 players that could be worth Ryan 1 for 1 in a few seasons, and you wanna trade all 3 for Bobby freakin Ryan...... GTFO.
So You do not find the price right. Move on. Ducks are not bothering You with Ryan again. We are not desperate. What about Belesky, Carter, Mitera for Kessel? I guess Leafs hang up as we in this case!

ahtikullervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:44 AM
brevard*

Quote:

Operative term there is "COULD BE" ...Or Gunnar and Schenn are both 2nd pair guys and Kadri fluctuates between the 2nd and 3rd line. ... You may think it can't happen but that is also what it ..."COULD BE".

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Okay, now this is just getting ridiculous. That does not help the Leafs at all. People have gotten into there heads that the Leafs need to overpay for everything because there the Leafs and they make bad proposals. The fact is that some of the Leaf fans do make bad proposals, but at this point the fans of other teams are making proposals that are just as bad.
This is an overpayment. I agree.

Now, tell me why in gods holy hell do you believe that you will be getting Bobby Ryan at market value?
Jesus Christ, I thought that would be clear. Also, what do you think the cost of a guy like Ryan is? It's higher than Kessel last year, I'll tell you that. 2 high firsts (Kadri+Schenn) and a 2nd (Gunnarsson is worth maybe a low 1st). Now add in the fact that Anaheim can actually afford their player, their player is better, their player is more rounded, their player has no intention of leaving and they have no intention of trading him.

I love how the Kessel trade is praised as being great by many Leafs fans, despite the fact that Schenn, Kadri, and Gunnarsson wouldn't have gotten you the 2nd overall pick, not to mention the other 1st and 2nd given up in the Kessel trade... but trading that for Ryan is an atrocity. Makes no sense to me. I think it's like a little kid getting a pet. He only gets attached once he knows its name.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:30 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Haha you wish you could get those 3 players for Ryan LMAO!

Keep trying Duck fans
God damn Duck fans won't quit their incessant attempts to dump Bobby Ryan on y'all!

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Bobs your uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
Beauchemin
Kaberle
Caputi

for

Ryan is more than fair value
It's wonderful value, for the Leafs.
The Ducks, ... not so much.

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
This is an overpayment. I agree.

Now, tell me why in gods holy hell do you believe that you will be getting Bobby Ryan at market value?
Jesus Christ, I thought that would be clear. Also, what do you think the cost of a guy like Ryan is? It's higher than Kessel last year, I'll tell you that. 2 high firsts (Kadri+Schenn) and a 2nd (Gunnarsson is worth maybe a low 1st). Now add in the fact that Anaheim can actually afford their player, their player is better, their player is more rounded, their player has no intention of leaving and they have no intention of trading him.

I love how the Kessel trade is praised as being great by many Leafs fans, despite the fact that Schenn, Kadri, and Gunnarsson wouldn't have gotten you the 2nd overall pick, not to mention the other 1st and 2nd given up in the Kessel trade... but trading that for Ryan is an atrocity. Makes no sense to me. I think it's like a little kid getting a pet. He only gets attached once he knows its name.

About as perfect of a post as there ever was.

FACT: Toronto fans say the Kessel trade was good
FACT: Seguin for Kadri, Schenn, Gunnarsson is at best fair value (probably not enough for Seguin though)
FACT: You also gave up a 31st overall pick, and next years first for Kessel

So how in the world is Kadri, Schenn, Gunnarsson not worth Ryan, who's better than Kessel?

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
there have been many proposed trades with toronto on here that undervalue ryan significantly however i have a hard time putting ryans value at a 5th overall, a 7th overall, and gunnarson who i value at a minimum as a late 1st rounder as well.

the reality is, value aside, burke would never trade these 3 players for bobby ryan. it just woulndt be practical nor would it make our team better today, or for the future.

i have a hard time believing the ducks would even entertain trading ryan but if the are looking for schenn, kadri, and gunnarson its an easy answer for the leafs.

gabeliscious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:30 AM
wej20

Quote:
You'll be lucky if 1 of those 3 turn out be fair value 1 for 1 value in a few seasons.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Operative term there is "COULD BE" ...Or Gunnar and Schenn are both 2nd pair guys and Kadri fluctuates between the 2nd and 3rd line. ... You may think it can't happen but that is also what it ..."COULD BE".
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
You'll be lucky if 1 of those 3 turn out be fair value 1 for 1 value in a few seasons.
No doubt but its not about value, Leafs can`t trade 3 young players with high potential, for one. Kaberle would need to be a key peice of any trade and possibly one of Gunnar or Kadri could be included but I really doubt he trades either of the 2. (Schenn just wont be traded)

We all know Burke wants Ryan but clearly there isn`t a deal to be made.....Toronto lacks high end talent but they do have a lot of prospects....Anaheim is a few peices away from being a contender and don`t really need prospects.......If there was any possible deal that Burke could have done, he would have done it already...

IMO, Anaheims best option with Ryan would be trading him to Philly for Carter(Ducks would have to add)

5 on 5
-------Getzlaf-Perry
-------Carter-Lupul
-------Koivu-Selanne
PP
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry
Selanne-Koivu-Lupul

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote