HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cody Goloubef

Old
08-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringthecuphome View Post
Seems like everyone is fine with a brassard for Kaberle and Grabo trade (I think think Columbus might have to add a low-mid prospect) , shall I call Burkie or do you wanna call Howson?
Grabs/Kaberle for Brassard/Teddy Ruth, Ruth is buried on our depth chart so we have no need for him.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 04:08 PM
bringthecuphome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Grabs/Kaberle for Brassard/Teddy Ruth, Ruth is buried on our depth chart so we have no need for him.
DONE.

bringthecuphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 05:37 PM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Goloubef goes from being the centrepiece of the trade to not even included!

grind your soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:01 PM
mjsnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grind your soul View Post
Goloubef goes from being the centrepiece of the trade to not even included!
Does Kaberle+Grabo for Brassard+Goloubef work for Columbus fans?

mjsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:23 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsnipe View Post
would something along the lines of kaberle for goloubef+filatov work for columbus fans?

or if that's too much something like kaberle for goloubef+calvert+2nd/3rd ?

Unless Kaberle signs a new 3-4 year extension at $4-4.5 million per year, Burke will never get that kind of return for a rental from Columbus. I'd guess Columbus will not give up just Filatov even for 1 year of Kaberle.

I think you could get Goloubef for a solid prospect plus a pick.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:52 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsnipe View Post
Does Kaberle+Grabo for Brassard+Goloubef work for Columbus fans?
No it doesn't.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:34 PM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Screw Columbus fans we all know Big Blue has the final say here.

Let's make it happen.

Old
08-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Classic Viqsi, overrating every CBJ player and underrating everyone else.

Grabovski and Brassard, not much difference. I don't care if you like it or not, Brassard isn't going to effect the win column any more than Grabovski would.
The difference is negligible, not sure what was hard to understand about my post.
Classic TW, underrating anyone in a Jackets uniform and overrating everyone else. See, I can play the game too!

The difference is that despite your view of the situation, Brassard still has the potential to be a #1 - or at the least, a #2 two-way guy. Grabovski doesn't; he barely qualifies as a #2 scorer. Brassard is also larger, younger, on a comparatively better contract, better defensively (no, really, I'm not kidding), and has been just as consistent (or otherwise). Your assertion that there would be "no difference" is true only if Brassard regresses even further - like, say, to only 20-25 points or something. And even then, it wouldn't be fair value.

Grabovski might have once been welcome on the Jackets back in the days a few short years ago when our center depth consisted of Manny Malhotra, Jiri Novotny, and Michael Peca's wheelchair, but we're much better off nowadays and don't need his type - and ESPECIALLY not for one of our best center prospects.

And the only reason I keep browbeating you about it 'round here is because it gives idiots the idea that trading Brass for a bag of pucks would somehow become acceptable. I'd prefer not to have to repeat that to folks endlessly based on the pessimistic "evaluations" of one depressed fan.

Seriously, it's like as soon as we drafted Johansen you lost all faith in the guy for some reason. Do as you like, but please don't let the crazy spread to others. I still have all-too vivid memories of the Rick Nash pre-extension years, and I don't want us to be subject to that insanity again, 'kay?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
When did Kaberle + Grabovski become a "bag of pucks"??? wow.
Didn't know Brassard was so superior to both of them. But it's still funny that you think Brassard is that much superior to Grabovski, when in reality, it wouldn't make a difference on the ice whoever between the two was centering the 2nd line.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
When did Kaberle + Grabovski become a "bag of pucks"??? wow.
Didn't know Brassard was so superior to both of them. But it's still funny that you think Brassard is that much superior to Grabovski, when in reality, it wouldn't make a difference on the ice whoever between the two was centering the 2nd line.
Again, that's only true if Brassard regresses further. Given that nearly every other opinion out there is that last season was a setback and that he's got a good chance to do even better (which is why Leafs fans are salivating over the trade possibility), this is unlikely.

Seriously, you're the only one here who doesn't think Brassard is an upgrade over Grabovski.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
This, to an extent. He was never really "given the reigns" so to speak at Wisconsin. He was used as a two way guy, which is great because he's fairly solid at both ends of the ice. He could, however, still develop into an PMD but that's unlikely.

I'm not sure I trade Cody for Kaberle unless he's already signed an extension. Goloubef could be a solid 2/3 in a couple years and we'll need another guy like that on the team as some contracts expire. I'm not opposed to trading him, but I would prefer to do it for someone who would give us immediate help for more than a season (i.e. someone like Gologoski or Coburn, if they were available).
I don't recall reading that Goloubef signed a pro deal - so with McD and Gardiner both going pro - it's his blueline, ya?

I think CBJ will get to learn a lot about Goloubef this year.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:41 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
I don't recall reading that Goloubef signed a pro deal - so with McD and Gardiner both going pro - it's his blueline, ya?

I think CBJ will get to learn a lot about Goloubef this year.
He signed in late April.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/04...entry_le.shtml

I was a bit surprised to see it myself as I figured he would stick around to run the blue line at Wisconsin, as you alluded to. But now he gets to prove himself in the log jam at Springfield.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:41 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
He signed in late April.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/04...entry_le.shtml

I was a bit surprised to see it myself as I figured he would stick around to run the blue line at Wisconsin, as you alluded to. But now he gets to prove himself in the log jam at Springfield.
Poor Badgers. They're ****ed. Half the team went pro!

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Grabovski might have once been welcome on the Jackets back in the days a few short years ago when our center depth consisted of Manny Malhotra, Jiri Novotny, and Michael Peca's wheelchair
This made me laugh pretty hard.