HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj/nyi

Old
08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntonFan19 View Post

Streit is in the nyi core. He is untouchable and has a very nice contract.
I fixed it for you.Don't thank me

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathor View Post
Seeing this offer makes me wonder why leafs fans get blasted for overvaluing their players...
well please educate me. why would the islanders take this deal?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
allworldcaucasn*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
obviously you didnt read the post, you just read the highlight, perhaps if you knew anything about the Islanders you'd understand

its funny that other Sharks fans were sharp enough to grasp the reasoning and you werent. situations are different on a team by team basis. it just so happens that Streit is unique for our teams dynamic. until you understand that you cannot relate
Aplologies, I just have a problem with any words following "start with" or "it would take" on HF.

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
well please educate me. why would the islanders take this deal?
kev i dont think he was disagreeing with you, I think he was agreeing with pinkfloyd and chiding SJfortheCUP. the Sharks have a good team they understand just by looking at our roster how important Streit must be

youll notice pinkfloyd never disagreed with my original post, he just emphasized the point I was making while also stressing Pavelski is held in equally high regard by shark fans. Which was why I used Pavelski in the first place. Most fans who dont know the Sharks may think Setoguchi is their most coveted young player, but its actually Pavelski.... he is very underated as a player

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 08-08-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
kev i dont think he was disagreeing with you, I think he was agreeing with pinkfloyd and chiding SJfortheCUP. the Sharks have a good team they understand just by looking at our rister how important Streit must be

youll notice pinkfloyd never disagreed with my original post, he just emphasized the point I was making while also stressing Pavelski is held in equally high regard by shark fans. Which was why I used Pavelski in the first place. Most fans who dont know the Sharks may think Setoguchi is their most coveted young player, but its actually Pavelski.... he is very underated as a player
i guess i read it wrong.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
Aplologies, I just have a problem with any words following "start with" or "it would take" on HF.
no problem it was in admiration that I used Pavelski in my post, I wanted to get across that Streit is the same type of heart and soul player as pavelski is

Old
08-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
i guess i read it wrong.
no you just have to know how highly they regard Pavelski. he could be a first line center on at least half the teams in hockey

Old
08-08-2010, 08:00 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Typically in real life trades are only made when the organization deems a player expendable in some way. If not, it doesn't happen. Just because it would be hard for both teams doesn't make it fair. It would be hard for both the Isles to trade Streit and the Pens to trade Crosby...doesn't make it fair.
maybe expendable is a bit extreme....but definitely where there's relative strength or depth at any one position. This is primarily why the Islanders cannot trade Streit who's leaps and bounds better than any other defenseman on that roster. Pavelski could never make up for what they'd lose with Streit and a #1 defenseman would be very expensive (in players, term, cap, etc) on the open market and in a trade (like Kaberle will)

I think Pavelski's a very solid player. Would love to have him on the Islanders but not at the cost of Streit. Nothing wrong with that, regardless of who's "worth more" on the market.

Your point about Striet vs Crosby is well made...obviously I agree.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote