HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas-New Jersey

Old
08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Kovalchuk isn't signed, and your team was 19th in GPG. I'm not poo pooing the Devils. I just think it's a bit of an exaggeration to use the phrase "tremendous firepower."
true it is a bit excessive, but last year we had lemaire as coach, this year maclean promises a more offensive system, to use all these dynamic forwards we have better. honestly this year is the first we can run 2 effective scoring lines in a long time, and although inevitably someone is going to be on their way out to make room for kovalchuk (chances are if the NHL wins the "debate" the devils will just re-structure the deal with kovy), on paper we have one of the best offenses in the league.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I can't tell if you're serious or not. Kovalchuk isn't signed, and your team was 19th in GPG. I'm not poo pooing the Devils. I just think it's a bit of an exaggeration to use the phrase "tremendous firepower."
The exit of Jacques Lemaire will turn the team around. Look at our stats under Sutter then look at them with Lemaire. MacLean will implement a more up-tempo aggressive style and has already said he will let the boys loose.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Timzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
Bretzky29, please put your CBJ avatar back on so people don't go thinking these are Stars fans making this stuff up.

This is twice in the past few days you are proposing teams to move young centers plus for him. I like him that much, but I realize it's not realistic for him to garner that kind of return.

ADD: It's not Morrow hatred, it's proposal hatred. Why do you think Brassard plus or Zajac plus for Morrow makes sense? I don't think NJ fans need to posture up about who wins the 'my player is better, younger and cheaper' argument because you won't see a Stars fan on here who will try to make that case for Morrow. For what Morrow gives you he has value, but if you want delusional valuations and justifications I suggest getting involved in discussions on the Leaf board.
ZING!!! well done sir.

Timzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Bretzky29, please put your CBJ avatar back on so people don't go thinking these are Stars fans making this stuff up.

This is twice in the past few days you are proposing teams to move young centers plus for him. I like him that much, but I realize it's not realistic for him to garner that kind of return.

ADD: It's not Morrow hatred, it's proposal hatred. Why do you think Brassard plus or Zajac plus for Morrow makes sense? I don't think NJ fans need to posture up about who wins the 'my player is better, younger and cheaper' argument because you won't see a Stars fan on here who will try to make that case for Morrow. For what Morrow gives you he has value, but if you want delusional valuations and justifications I suggest getting involved in discussions on the Leaf board.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
You want Zajac ?

Zajac
Rolston

For
Richards
1st
3rd

see how ridiculous it would be. Zajac's value around the league is high, multiply that 10 fold in NJ.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Holy God this is a bad proposal. Morrow would be yet another left wing on a team stacked with them. Zajac is our best centre, and after him there isn't much depth unless our rookies really step up.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:36 PM
bretzky29ca*

I've said this on a few threads, and I'll say this again. I realize the Devils may have an abundance of left wingers, but frankly this should not matter. Take the best player available regardless of position, and in this part Morrow is the best player in the proposal.

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:42 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
I've said this on a few threads, and I'll say this again. I realize the Devils may have an abundance of left wingers, but frankly this should not matter. Take the best player available regardless of position, and in this part Morrow is the best player in the proposal.
LOL so Trading Zajac for a 3rd line LW is a good idea?

kiwidevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
No, he's not.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:01 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Dude, just stop. You're bad at this. Zajac runs circles around Morrow.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:51 AM
NJDevils66621

Quote:
What I see in New Jersey is a team that has tremendous firepower, but lacks the toughness that may be necessary to compete in the Eastern Conference. Adding a player of Morrow's magnitude may be just what the doctor ordered.

To Dallas: F Travis Zajac
2nd round pick '11

To New Jersey: F Brendan Morrow
HERE's a better one for ya

To Dallas: Jamie Langenbrunner+Colin White+2nd 2011

To NJDevils: James Neal

NJDevils66621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Babycakes92689

he's obvi not cereal. jeez guys

Babycakes92689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 04:50 AM
ScubaSteve*

Done in a heartbeat. I'll pack Morrow's bags myself.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Semak

Quote:

but if you want delusional valuations and justifications I suggest getting involved in discussions on the Leaf board.

I want the almighty Scott Glennie thrown in!

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 06:15 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Well I'm pretty sure all that needed to be said in this thread has been said.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 06:39 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Morrow would be the Devils 4th best LW.

Solid deal, clearly.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Devilsfan118

Quote:

It's been said before...but there are just so many flaws in your logic...I don't suggest trades, because quite frankly, I'm not good at it. You should probably do some soul searching and realize the same thing about yourself. This isn't NHL 10 bud

Devilsfan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
Morrow would be the Devils 4th best LW.

Solid deal, clearly.
At least he'd be better than Rolston.

But seriously, this proposal is brutal, both from a value perspective and based on the positional needs of BOTH teams.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 05:05 PM
ScubaSteve*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post

I want the almighty Scott Glennie thrown in!
It's hilarious that the Leafsmonkeys have such a hard on for Glennie. The best part is that the Stars wanted to draft Kadri. They were all set to take him and didn't even really want to select Glennie, but they were on the clock and didn't have time to orchestrate a trade down.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote