HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St.Louis-Boston

Old
08-08-2010, 09:52 PM
GCM
Stork

vCash: 500
St. Louis is being destroyed in this.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:03 AM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
Savard is also one of the best playmakers/passers in the league, they would definitely trade for him at such a reasonable cap hit

Reasonable... How is that cap hit going to look when he is 36? How is it going to look when he is 40?

Savard is a great player, but his value is severely diminished by the length of his contract. Add to that a 7 million dollar salary for this season and next, and as I said before, St. Louis(amidst a period of financial restraint) doesn't even consider Savard at all(independent of the lopsided proposal in OP).

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 07:26 AM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
Savard is also one of the best playmakers/passers in the league, they would definitely trade for him at such a reasonable cap hit
This is the problem with too many fans...they only see the cap hit but don't think about the salary. St louis can not afford savards SALARY. Yes his cap hit looks nice, but that's not the money going out of ownership's pocket, so I disagree strongly that st louis would definitely trade for savard. Add to that tarasenko is going to be an absolute goal scoring beast and this particular trade has zero chance of happening...and I am a huge bruins fan...just not such a homer fan that thinks savard is sooooo good. Savard is a solid player but will have declining numbers every year and count me in the corner of moving him now while he may still have value and go with krejci, bergeron, colborne and seguin down the road.

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

wow st.louis gets bent over in this trade.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
Basically, a trade in which both teams trade for needs. Boston has crying need for defensive depth, whereas St.Louis could definitily use a top 6 forward.

To Boston: D Barrett Jackman
F Vlad Tarasenko
D Nikita Nikitin
1st round Pick `11

To St.Louis: F Marc Savard
D Ryan Button
4th round pick `11
Not only does St. Louis get fleeced in this deal. But Boston gives up one of their better D prospects for a prospect that hasn't proven much and was drafted 6 years ago and a 29 year old defensive d-man. It doesn't fit either of the Bruins need as we do need defensive depth in the system but not by giving up the better prospect and they need an NHL ready PMD which Jackman is not. Deal makes very little sense for either team.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
Basically, a trade in which both teams trade for needs. Boston has crying need for defensive depth, whereas St.Louis could definitily use a top 6 forward.

To Boston: D Barrett Jackman
F Vlad Tarasenko
D Nikita Nikitin
1st round Pick `11

To St.Louis: F Marc Savard
D Ryan Button
4th round pick `11
No we don't actually, especially not for a guy like Jackman. I don't see the Bruins trading a top center in the NHL for 2 russians and a bottom-pairing defenseman, especially when there isn't any significant cap saving.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Edwards View Post
No we don't actually, especially not for a guy like Jackman. I don't see the Bruins trading a top center in the NHL for 2 russians and a bottom-pairing defenseman, especially when there isn't any significant cap saving.
So Malkin and Ovechkin with a bottom-pairing defenseman wouldn't get Savard? Watch the way you phrase things, sir. And I don't think Jackman's a bottom-pairing dman anyways. 4-5 guy. Could be bottom pairing, could be top 4.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
So Malkin and Ovechkin with a bottom-pairing defenseman wouldn't get Savard? Watch the way you phrase things, sir. And I don't think Jackman's a bottom-pairing dman anyways. 4-5 guy. Could be bottom pairing, could be top 4.
No, obviously it's not that way at all haha. Savard isn't likely to be traded for two guys who "may" be a flight risk. I personally don't know anything about the two prospects involved in the deal so I'm assuming that's what he meant. As for Jackman, that's basically semantics. He's a mediocre defenseman, I like him, but he is what he is. He's a Top 4 on a weak defense, and a bottom pairing guy on a solid defense. In Boston's case, he'd be a bottom pairing guy (Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Stuart).

Bruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote