HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pascal Vincent rumored for Norfolk Admirals head coach.

Old
08-08-2010, 06:27 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Next step, Pierre Boivin will be Lightning new president in 2011-2012.
they should!

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 06:58 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Could they hire Réjaune Tremblay as well?

That would make my day... week.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Not a Vincent fan either. Still, I hope the Juniors are ready for a nice replacement 'cause even if Vincent isn't the greatest, you can't replace him by Gaston Therrien....

And I hope it happens. It might shut up the Bergeron of this world who keeps saying, if the Habs don't give them a chance, who will....well TBay will now.

But honestly, I couldn't give a damn if he's gone or not. A guy that begs on TV for a job, isn't mature enough to get it yet. Geez, even Norman Flynn or Dany Dubé who were asked that question didn't fell in that trap. Vincent was almost crying on TV wanting to have the job......Sorry, but it won't cut it with me.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
they should!
If Pierre Boivin becomes their next president, Tampa will never move and hockey will be as popular there as it is anywhere else.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Classified

I watched Vincent in Cape Breton for years, and I don't get where he gets all this praise from. He had amazing teams for a few years, finishing top of the division and they would get beat in the playoffs no problem, if he wants to go, let him.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:08 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Next step, Pierre Boivin will be Lightning new president in 2011-2012.
In a market where the marketing to a local fan base is failing, Id say it would certainly be a challenge for Mr. Boivin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
I watched Vincent in Cape Breton for years, and I don't get where he gets all this praise from. He had amazing teams for a few years, finishing top of the division and they would get beat in the playoffs no problem, if he wants to go, let him.
It didn't cross your mind that it might be because he's a good development coach? You can't really measure interactions between a coach and his players solely based on his win/loss record IMHO.

I think Leblanc might be a bit pissed off if he indeed jumps in the AHL. Vincent was on his list of positives for the Q when he was interviewed.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
HABitual Fan

If he takes this job I would lose my respect for him. As GM/coach of the Juniors, he sold much of the future of the team for a run at the title this year. He created the team for this run, and to leave now at such a late stage, would be unfair to whomever would have to pick up the pieces both as GM and coach. If he were only the coach, fine, take a promotion, but when you wear both hats you need to see it through to the end and show accountability for the moves you made in the offseason.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
In a market where the marketing to a local fan base is failing, Id say it would certainly be a challenge for Mr. Boivin.

It didn't cross your mind that it might be because he's a good development coach? You can't really measure interactions between a coach and his players solely based on his win/loss record IMHO.

I think Leblanc might be a bit pissed off if he indeed jumps in the AHL. Vincent was on his list of positives for the Q when he was interviewed.
No, it didn't, I didn't see many players on the Eagles (MAF aside) who came there and was made into an NHLer. Most of his talent was older players who were great in the Q, and now are in the ECHL or Europe.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
If he takes this job I would lose my respect for him. As GM/coach of the Juniors, he sold much of the future of the team for a run at the title this year. He created the team for this run, and to leave now at such a late stage, would be unfair to whomever would have to pick up the pieces both as GM and coach. If he were only the coach, fine, take a promotion, but when you wear both hats you need to see it through to the end and show accountability for the moves you made in the offseason.
true, he lobbied big time to get leblanc...and avtsin

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

On CKAC, from Vincent himself, he's not going in Norfolk.

Wasn't a rumor, was serious, but won't happen anyway.

Old
08-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
Sorry but it makes no sense whatsoever. How will it be not fair for a new coach to have such a competitive team for the upcoming season? And then, we all know how tough it is for francos throughout the league when the Habs were solely the only team to give them a shot, since we're not going to that maybe for some years to come, if a franco has a chance to go somewhere else, he wouldn't go? Come on. The guy has a career to think of.

Old
08-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Azul
Where's my Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On CKAC, from Vincent himself, he's not going in Norfolk.

Wasn't a rumor, was serious, but won't happen anyway.
Damn a coach turning down an occasion to turn pro..

I like this guy and would have been really disappointed if he left the year we get Leblanc to go to the Juniors... Good for the Juniors! Good for Montreal!

He'll have another shot! I think he knows it too!

Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:45 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post

I like this guy and would have been really disappointed if he left the year we get Leblanc to go to the Juniors... Good for the Juniors! Good for Montreal!

I'd say... Bad for the Juniors. Bad for Montreal...

Old
08-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
I guess after all this time on this forum I shouldn't be surprised that when I was quickly scrolling down the page I immediately read this thread title as a Vincent Lecavalier to MTL rumor thread?

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Azul
Where's my Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I'd say... Bad for the Juniors. Bad for Montreal...
And why would you say that?

Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I think my opinion of Pascal Vincent is pretty clear when you read this thread.

Old
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Dr_Hook

Makes me wonder how serious the interest from lightning really was ; it seems to me Vincent is trying hard to put his name out there since last year. Anyway, he seems like a good junior guy so I'm happy he stays with Leblanc in Mtl ; but I wouldn't want him in Hamilton...

edit : I just listened to the whole interview on CKAC... Yikes ! He does not come off too good , bad mouthing the club that interviewed him and saying some bizarre things... Anyway, it comforted the opinion I had of him : don't want anything to do with him in the pros

Last edited by Dr_Hook: 08-09-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
Makes me wonder how serious the interest from lightning really was ; it seems to me Vincent is trying hard to put his name out there since last year. Anyway, he seems like a good junior guy so I'm happy he stays with Leblanc in Mtl ; but I wouldn't want him in Hamilton...

edit : I just listened to the whole interview on CKAC... Yikes ! He does not come off too good , bad mouthing the club that interviewed him and saying some bizarre things... Anyway, it comforted the opinion I had of him : don't want anything to do with him in the pros
He's really bizarre....to say the least. Saying that it wasn't good fit. Fine....but ended up talking about how the Lightining are taking strange decisions since their cup....how the heck does it have to do with anything now? New ownership, Yzerman and Boucher, has NOTHING to do with the guys that were there before....honestly, I'm even starting to wonder if Richard Martel wouldn't have be better....and I'm even not exagerating.....okay maybe a little...

Old
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

That guy is so full of himself...

It isn't even funny anymore. He just loves to hear himself talking. No wonder he gets along well with Joel Bouchard...

Old
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post

Junior's are going to do whatever they can to get a solid fanbase and the championship this season. I would expect a lot of trades by Vincent , especially for help on the back-end. That success in a city like Montreal pretty much guarantees a phone call or 2 next season.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He's really bizarre....to say the least. Saying that it wasn't good fit. Fine....but ended up talking about how the Lightining are taking strange decisions since their cup....how the heck does it have to do with anything now? New ownership, Yzerman and Boucher, has NOTHING to do with the guys that were there before....honestly, I'm even starting to wonder if Richard Martel wouldn't have be better....and I'm even not exagerating.....okay maybe a little...
And how about when he hinted that Lightning management would end up hiring a coach with showmanship to sell tickets in Norflok and not necessarily the best hockey coach ? (Maybe they should hire Martel for that purpose...)

He really sounds like an amateurish loony. Can you imagine a guy like that coaching in a media driven environment like Mtl ? He'd have to put out fires every day. Thank God we passed on him last 2 years for Hamilton.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
And how about when he hinted that Lightning management would end up hiring a coach with showmanship to sell tickets in Norflok and not necessarily the best hockey coach ? (Maybe they should hire Martel for that purpose...)

He really sounds like an amateurish loony. Can you imagine a guy like that coaching in a media driven environment like Mtl ? He'd have to put out fires every day. Thank God we passed on him last 2 years for Hamilton.
Yea. I didn't like him before. He didn't do anything lately to raise his stock. Though wins will help him do that. A good team like they have should help him but he has to win. Let's hope Bérubé comes out big for him. With the camp he just had, I guess it could give him the extra to do just that.

Come to think of it.....Michel Therrien might be the perfect candidate for Norfolk if he wants to go back in the AHL. Or Hartley. That's a show for you.

Old
08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
deandebean

I'd go to Norfolk. I love the area. I love Virginia.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
TBLHoser

Lightning hire Jon Cooper of the Green Bay gamblers of the USHL....impressive numbers...

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=tbl-ext:twt

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Before this happened I was thinking "well at least we'll have Leblanc near so he can graduate under Vincent". But you can't think of any positive thoughts before Yzerman steps in! Then I thought "WTF is wrong with this guy? Why does he want to ruin us?".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote