HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Minor deal -- DET - MTL

Old
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
probertrules24

vCash: 500
Minor deal -- DET - MTL

Det:

Drew Miller (1yr-650 cap)- Solid 4th line guy scored 10 goals and was great on the PK.
Derek Meech (1yr-500 cap)- Could be an ok #6 dman or can play 4th line forward. Just never got a shot in Detroit
5th round 2011 (Part of Leino deal)

for

MTL:

4th round 2011
4th round 2011 (Part of the Kyle Chipchura trade)

Is this vair value or not. I find I have a tough time judging players for picks as I believe a player that can be on a roster is worth more then a higher pick would be.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
We have no need for Meech. Miller and a 5th for a 4th would be OK, I guess.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I don't think Detroit would do it.

Miller (along with Eaves) really found his niche in Detroit. I just can't see them giving up on him.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post

Miller (along with Eaves) really found his niche in Detroit. I just can't see them giving up on him.
I like Miller as well but with signing Modano and now Salei they will have to move some bodies to fit everybody under the 23 man limit. It's either Miller or Ritola being waived. I think Miller brings more to the table this year but Ritola is signed for 3 and cheaper.

I would rather not have to lose any of them but I'm sure Meech is gone now.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Borlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post

With the log jam we have on offense now, we just might have to. Not to forget our cap issues. Once we sign Abdelkader, presumably to something similar to what Helm got, we're about 800k above the cap with 24 players.

With the addition of Salei, Meech has become expendable, as quite simply, Ericsson and Kindl are here to stay while Meech is not. Someone also said that Holland promised Meech that if he's not the number 6 this year, he'll trade him somewhere. Trading Meech leaves us with Lidström, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Salei as our regular back end, as a 7th man, possibly rotating with Ericsson and/or Salei we have Kindl and Janik.

For offense we have something to the likes of:
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmström
Bertuzzi - Filppula - Franzen
Hudler - Modano - Cleary
Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves
Miller - Ritola - Draper, possibly Maltby as well (sigh)

It's quite easy to look at that and say that Draper and Maltby are obviously the weakest links and you'd be hard pressed to find even a single Red Wings fan who'd argue that, but at the same time trading or waiving Draper would go against everything Detroit stands for. Not signing Maltby would help a lot, and I believe it's now been made impossible thanks to the cap situation.

Ritola is pretty much a wild card, one who hasn't really shown that much, but at the same time he's been in the development for a long time and if we don't give him a chance to show what he has, he'd just might end up shining somewhere else like Leino and Quincey have to some extent. At this point he looks like a bottom 6 guy with no offensive upside and barely any PK skills either.

So... Meech is pretty much guaranteed to be shipped out, either via a trade or through waivers. Wouldn't expect much in return simply because everyone knows the situation. The other options are pretty much Miller and Ritola and I'd imagine Miller to get the shaft, even though I like what he brings to us, and so do lots of others.

Borlag is offline   Reply With Quote