HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Opening night roster

Old
07-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
I'm sure Grabner will make the roster but to pencil him in as a top 6 guy when he hasn't even played a full season is a little hasty, no?
Yes and no.

1. Look at our roster

2. He had 11 pts. in 20 games last season. If he can continue that production with us, he'll be playing in the top 6.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Amused To Death

vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yes and no.

1. Look at our roster

2. He had 11 pts. in 20 games last season. If he can continue that production with us, he'll be playing in the top 6.
Well, I'm a Canucks fan and here's what happened last season for Grabner (If memory serves correctly, hehe). His first call up he looked really good, got into the right places, was open and was shooting well. But it took him a bit to get that first goal. He got going as soon as he got the first one, and Raymond - Kesler - Grabner was an insane line for a while, the speed was incredible. Anyways, he got some more goals, but then got that freak injury playing soccer before a match. After he got healthy and called up again, he again looked really good but was snakebitten. It took him 4-5 games before he got his next goal. He hit a number of posts before he got his first after being injured, and then got another right after. Grabner is a very good player and will be dynamite with you guys...as long as you have a good playmaker who can feed him the puck. He knows how to get open, to shoot the puck hard and be in the right spots, his speed kills, he just needs someone to give him the puck when he is in those right places...Ballard was expensive, and though he's a very good defenseman, Florida did extremely well in that trade.

Amused To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Gudbranson44

lets wait till sept before we speculate on lines then....

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Biggzy*

Let's wait til the season gets a little closer to see what the lines may be.

Either way we're in full tank mode.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 03:18 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I dont know why we cant speculate at what the lines are right now. I dont think Tallon is going to make any major moves from now until camp. If he does anything, its going to be for more depth on defense IMO. We have too many players under contract already, and given what we know about the situation already, this is pretty much the team we are going to go into the season with.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 10:51 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

2nd Line = Booth - Weiss - Grabner
3rd Line A = Stillman - Reinprecht - Frolik
3rd Line B = Higgins - Matthias - Dvorak
4th Line = Bitz - Reasoner - Bernier
Olesz

Wideman - McCabe
Allen - Kulikov
Garrison - Paetsch
Ellerby

Vokoun
Clemmensen

I know that I have come up with a totally different line combo then most. I tried to focus on the best match of styles on a line. I ordered the lines by the way I see the centers going. Weiss, Reino, Matthias, Reasoner. I know a lot of people think Matthias will be the 2nd line center but I just dont see it as Rhino is still clearly a better center than him. I put Booth with Weiss cause they seem to have good chemistry and I think Weiss would play well with Grabner because he is said to be good at getting open and Weiss is the only guy we have that could feed him decent attempts.

I put Stillman with Rhino cause they have good chemistry and Frolik and Stiller seemed to have some good chemistry as well so I think this line fits together although I see Frolik and Grabner switching at different points if the lines get stale.

now that I look at the defensive pairings im starting to see how bad they are. when we trade mccabe at the deadline it will be very interesting to see who we get back in trade because i dont see as us being able to call up anyone other than gudbranson and even that is suspect.

the more i look at the lines the more i can tell it will be an awful season. but i think it will be a season where the real interesting part will be watching to see which players take a step forward. will booth return to form? will frolik step up his game? will grabner become a 20 goal guy and score some really exciting goals for us? will Matty solidify himself as a solid NHLer? will kulikov progress towards becoming the #1 dman we think he can be?

and then in the minors will markstrom play well or struggle? will gudbranson prove he is ready to make the team? will any of the other prospects distinguish himself? who knows. we wont be in the playoffs for sure, but there is still a lot of things that will make the year interesting to watch.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:26 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Will Guds play with Rochester next season if he doesn't take a spot on the Panthers?

billysbreakdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Will Guds play with Rochester next season if he doesn't take a spot on the Panthers?
No, he can't play in the AHL.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
No, he can't play in the AHL.
Too young? So basically he'll go back to his current team?

Old
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Too young? So basically he'll go back to his current team?
He's a CHL prospect. Players drafted out of the Q, W, or O must either be 20 years old or have a full 4 years playing major junior before they can play in the AHL.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yes and no.

1. Look at our roster

Especially if you consider that his 11pts in 20games was done without getting much playing time in Vancouver. Something he should get alot more of on our team with his speed. I expect a Frolik type of impact for Grabner's first season as a Panther!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

OK, what do you guys think? With Vancouver's Sami Salo tearing his Achilles Tendon they are in the market for a defenseman. That's one position on our team that we are set in. If Gud's can make the team, do you think we can get M. Raymond away from Vancouver for B. Allen?

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
OK, what do you guys think? With Vancouver's Sami Salo tearing his Achilles Tendon they are in the market for a defenseman. That's one position on our team that we are set in. If Gud's can make the team, do you think we can get M. Raymond away from Vancouver for B. Allen?
No way. Raymond just signed a 2 year deal with them aswell.

Old
08-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

can someone tell me how McCabe played last season for you guy.?
I know he has had some injuries in the past but he finally played a full season last season and put up 43 points.

A few specific questions:

1. I know he has issues defensively, but was he at least still good on the power play?

2. if he remains healthy going forward, how many more years in the NHL do you think he has left in the tank?

Thanks!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I know he has had some injuries in the past but he finally played a full season last season and put up 43 points.

1. I know he has issues defensively, but was he at least still good on the power play?

2. if he remains healthy going forward, how many more years in the NHL do you think he has left in the tank?

Thanks!
After considerable soul searching, I came up with
1. No.
2. As few as possible in a Panthers uniform

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thanks!
When he was shooting more he was effective, he seemed to stop shooting a lot this season and therefore wasn't scoring PP goals... Think he probably has 3-4 more seasons atleast

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

Thanks!
If you want him, you can have him at the deadline. Just give us some picks or prospects.

When he uses his shot effectively (and is paired with a right handed Dman and/or a screen in front) he can really rack of the pp points. Otherwise, as you well know, he's a defensive liability and last year had lots of trouble with making boneheaded passes through the middle in our defensive zone. Then again, we had a few guys doing that...

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
If you want him, you can have him at the deadline. Just give us some picks or prospects.

When he uses his shot effectively (and is paired with a right handed Dman and/or a screen in front) he can really rack of the pp points. Otherwise, as you well know, he's a defensive liability and last year had lots of trouble with making boneheaded passes through the middle in our defensive zone. Then again, we had a few guys doing that...
Ye, thats fair. He does do better when he shoots me. Wideman is a right-handed shot right? Do you believe he will be a good fit with McCabe on the PP(sort of like Kaberle with McCabe worked in Toronto)?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 11:38 AM
16Skippy

Quote:
Ye, thats fair. He does do better when he shoots me. Wideman is a right-handed shot right? Do you believe he will be a good fit with McCabe on the PP(sort of like Kaberle with McCabe worked in Toronto)?
That's what we're hoping. Especially since our powerplay sucked.

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Here is what Goldie is thinking so far:

Booth - Weiss - Frolik
Higgins - Reinprecht - Grabner
Bernier - Matthias - Stillman
Olesz - Reasoner - Bitz

Repik, Dadanov, McCardle, and Santorelli in the mix

Cabs - Kuli
Allen - Wideman
Garrison - Weaver

Paetch, Ellerby, and Gudbranson in the mix

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 04:06 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Here is what Goldie is thinking so far:

Booth - Weiss - Frolik
Higgins - Reinprecht - Grabner
Bernier - Matthias - Stillman
Olesz - Reasoner - Bitz

Repik, Dadanov, McCardle, and Santorelli in the mix

Cabs - Kuli
Allen - Wideman
Garrison - Weaver

Paetch, Ellerby, and Gudbranson in the mix
Dvorak?

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Chaos2k7

Bitz will not suit up for this team this year, I think he should land on the Amerks.

Dvorak should play on the third line as well...

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
Bitz will not suit up for this team this year, I think he should land on the Amerks.

Why wouldn't Bitz play on the team? Especially the whole year? He's not a bad player and has great size.

08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post

I think Bitz will be the 13th forward to start the year if everyone is healthy.

I doubt Bitz would clear waivers.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Chaos2k7

Who would he replace?

None or Bernier 2M, Stillman 3M, Olesz 3.5M, Reasoner 1.1M, Dvorak 2M, Or Matthais/Reinprecht will be demoted before him...

This team will not bury that type of money for Bitz... I like him too, but come on, Nasty should have been on this team before Bitz, and now we have Santorelli, McArdle, Repik etc. all with better upside...

Waiver wire is his destination...

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote