HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening night roster

Old
08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2k7 View Post
Who would he replace?

None or Bernier 2M, Stillman 3M, Olesz 3.5M, Reasoner 1.1M, Dvorak 2M, Or Matthais/Reinprecht will be demoted before him...

This team will not bury that type of money for Bitz... I like him too, but come on, Nasty should have been on this team before Bitz, and now we have Santorelli, McArdle, Repik etc. all with better upside...

Waiver wire is his destination...
Santo, McArdle, and Repik don't have better upside, imo, and they can still play in the A. They sit him, he's not going to be waived, imo. Injuries happen, as we know well, and he'll be a great fill in. I'd say he plays at least 60 games.

08-09-2010, 05:39 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Who would he replace?

None or Bernier 2M, Stillman 3M, Olesz 3.5M, Reasoner 1.1M, Dvorak 2M, Or Matthais/Reinprecht will be demoted before him...

This team will not bury that type of money for Bitz... I like him too, but come on, Nasty should have been on this team before Bitz, and now we have Santorelli, McArdle, Repik etc. all with better upside...

Most teams carry 13 forwards. If one of the young guys makes the team, we can carry 14 for a little while before making a move.

Other than Santorelli, those other young guys are all waiver exempt. Bitz won't stop anyone from making the team, but they are probably better served getting minutes in the AHL over sitting in the pressbox.

I'd take Bitz over Tarnasky anyday.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Here is what Goldie is thinking so far:

Booth - Weiss - Frolik
Higgins - Reinprecht - Grabner
Bernier - Matthias - Stillman
Olesz - Reasoner - Bitz

Repik, Dadanov, McCardle, and Santorelli in the mix

Cabs - Kuli
Allen - Wideman
Garrison - Weaver

Paetch, Ellerby, and Gudbranson in the mix
General question about Guds... which do you think is the best for him:

To make the team out of camp, play, and basically have a rookie season like Kuli (rookie mistakes, growing pains, etc.)?

-or-

Send him back to Kingston with the thought that he just completely dominates down there, and make the team next season (when it should really count)?

I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought.

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Chaos2k7

Kingston

Chaos2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
General question about Guds... which do you think is the best for him:

To make the team out of camp, play, and basically have a rookie season like Kuli (rookie mistakes, growing pains, etc.)?

-or-

Send him back to Kingston with the thought that he just completely dominates down there, and make the team next season (when it should really count)?

I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought.
The thing is I think it's a good possibility Gud wouldn't be as good as Kuli was last season. The question coming into last year was would Kuli's defensive game be good enough? No questions about his offense. The question coming into this year is is Gud's offensive game good enough? No questions about his defense. Thing is it is easier to learn defense than offense. Kuli needed a bit of polishing in his own zone before he really got comfortable the 2nd half, but it didn't set him back at all. But if Gud goes straight to the NHL before his offensive game really develops, that part of his game could get stunted.

IMO I'd prefer to see Gud go back to Kingston, have a good offensive season, get big PP minutes, and show his wares at the WJC. Then when he comes into the NHL in a year he'd be more complete IMO. It's a better starting off point IMO. I like what Tallon has done. He has left it so Gud has a shot of making the team, but in order to do so he will have to have a spectacular camp.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Who would he replace?

There's no way Bitz will ever see Rochester. They may waive him, but he'll never be sent down. They trade Mink based on a guaranteed 275K salary, they certainly won't pay Bitz nearly 700K to play in the minors.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote