HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Night 2010-2011 Lineup

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Bauer Hockey 4

vCash: 500
Opening Night 2010-2011 Lineup

St-Louis-Stamkos-Downie
Gagne-Lecavalier-Malone
Purcell-Wright-Ashton
Pouliot-Moore-Thompson

Hedman-Ohlund
Ranger-Kubina
Clark-Smaby

Smith
Ellis

Old
08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
vinnythe deuce

I would love to see the option of flip flopping Malone from 2nd to 3rd line throughout the year, he's a brusier that can score and would love to see purcell get some looks with vinny and gagne

Old
08-10-2010, 10:39 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

I think it's probably time that we stop writing Ranger into the defensive pairings.

Old
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
vinnythe deuce

St Louis- Stammer- Hammer
Malone- Vinny- Gagne
Purcell - Moore- Harju
Durno - Pouliot- Thompson

Kubina-Hedman
Lundin- Ohlund
Clarke- Wishart (I hope)

Ellis/Smitty

Old
08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
St. Louis - Stamkos - Downie
Malone - Lecavalier - Gagne
Purcell - Moore - Pouliot
Harju - Thompson - Persson

Kubina - Hedman
Ohlund - Lundin
Clark - Lashoff

Ellis

Old
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
echlfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
Malone - Lecavalier - Gagne
Purcell - Moore - Pouliot
Harju - Thompson - Persson
DURNO

Kubina - Hedman
Ohlund - Lundin
Clark - Lashoff
SMABY

Ellis
SMITH

THIS IS MOST ACCURATE BASED ON ONE-WAY DEALS AND/OR EXPERIENCE

Old
08-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Bolt32

Downie- Stamkos-St.louis
Malone- Vinny- Gagne
Purcell - Moore- Harju
Persson - Pouliot- Thompson

Ohlund-Lundin
Kubina-Hedman
Clarke- Wishart (Think he will surprise people and make the team. Hes done with the AHL.)

Ellis
Smith
Tokarski(he will probably get a cup of coffee this year. Due to injury or what have you.)

Old
08-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Horatio Caine

Hi guys!

I saw that a lot of you people put Harju in your lineup. What can you tell me about him and do you think he has a garanteed spot in Boucher's lineup.

thanks.

Old
08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
Hi guys!

I saw that a lot of you people put Harju in your lineup. What can you tell me about him and do you think he has a garanteed spot in Boucher's lineup.

thanks.
Guareenteed? No. Likely? Yes. He has a cannon of a shot from what i hear, not afraid to go in the corners and already has experience in the international arena playing in the world championships. I remember reading an article that the players on team sweden even voted him there best forward. Thats pretty damn impressive if you ask me. He didn't do too bad in a much more defensive KHL league, which is closest thing to the NHL without actually being in the NHL.

All his personal history going on, hes as close to a lock as you can get. With that said though, if he thinks he can coast in here and get that third line spot, Tyrell will steal his job before he even knows what hit him.

Old
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Bauer Hockey 4

I rarely see tampa bay games, not around the area and im not a fan but ive always wanted them to do well season in and season out. So, what's up with Paul Ranger and why alot of people write him off. Ive never seen him play

Old
08-10-2010, 04:07 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Left after 8 games last year for personal reasons, most likely not coming back. See the stickied thread at the top of the page for more details.

Old
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Opening night lineups tend to be similar to what the more casual fans envision as the "dream team" roster.

I'm hesitant to post a lineup, as I think the people who are still writing in Paul Ranger into the lineup will overall be more accurate ones, but I'll try to emulate that.

I wouldn't be shocked to see:
Gagne-Lecavalier-St.Louis - French Connection (take 2), and has Marty and Vinny reunited.
Downie-Stamkos-Malone
Harju-Moore-Persson
Purcell-Pouliot-Thompson

Hedman-Kubina - bridging the past and future
Ohlund-Lundin
Clark-Lashoff

Ellis
Smith

I'd expect to see Ohlund and Hedman regularly skate together, as he'd be starting the game, if it hadn't been for Kubina's return. I'd also expect to see, a line of Purcell-Pouliot-Persson at some point.

How long will this last? First period maybe.

We will have home ice advantage, but it's not like we're going to put Chewy out there to start the season for us. Smaby won't play as the other D on the team is more dynamic offensively.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 08-10-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Don't see Wishart in the lineup, don't see Ashton in over Tyrell at this point. I think Kusic is pretty accurate with the exception of Tyrell and Pouliot battling over a spot, and Purcell being swapped with Malone on some shifts to allow a speedy winger like Tyrell work with a guy that can take a beating in front of the net.

Old
08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
stammerhammer91

My lineup would have tyrell on the 3rd line but im really thinking that yzerman is going to let him and wishart as well spend another year in the minors so that they are more than ready next year.

Malone Stamkos St. Louis
Gagne Lecavalier Downie
Harju Moore Purcell
Persson Pouliot Jones-I would like to get asham here but if not jones is my man

Kubina Hedman
Ohlund Lundin
Clark Lashoff ----obviously if ranger comes back then he would be here

Smith
Ellis

Old
08-11-2010, 08:37 AM
hockeygirl771

Do you think that Gudas was signed early (prior to the prospects in 2009 and 2010) as a sign that he may be considered for the Tampa lineup?.....possibly in place of Lashoff if he doesn't look good.

The other prospect signings may occur some time soon now that the Coach of Norfolk has been selected.

Old
08-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I'd figure Gudas will be at camp, but unless he has a ridiculously good showing, he's going to Norfolk for the time being.

I wouldn't read too much into when he signed. He was drafted two years late, (which is a concern) and he's basically done with amateur hockey, so he's got to play somewhere.

At the start of the season, the roster tends to reflect who 'should' be there, based on reputation, and offseason consensus. Not so much on what they're showing their ability level to be. That quickly changes as you get only a game or two into the season, and training camp worries and hopes start to get confirmed or denied.

Threadjack, but Paul Ranger played the first game of the 05-06 season with Springfield, where he was then recalled to Tampa and never looked back. It probably won't happen exactly like that for Gudas, but for what his expectations are, there may be parallels.

Old
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM
stammerhammer91

yea i think the team really likes gudas and i wouldn't expect him to make the team but as of right now there are spots open, the way he plays though he would defintley be one of the 1st call ups on defense, hopefully we don't get to that point though.

Old
08-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
It's amazing that we now have one of the best forward line-ups in the entire league (on paper), I just hope it will work as well on the ice then we can finally hope to reach the play-offs

08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I wouldn't read too much into when he signed. He was drafted two years late, (which is a concern) and he's basically done with amateur hockey, so he's got to play somewhere.
Wouldn't be too concerned about it, young players in European leagues can get overlooked. In particular, the Czechs seem to be having a tough time developing/showcasing their juniors of late.

Every year, there's a free agent frenzy for some Euros who finally earned ice time in their early-mid 20s. Gudas just expedited the process by jumping to the WHL to get noticed.

Gudas attended the LA Kings' prospect camp last year and held his own. Some Kings fans expected them to draft Gudas with one of their 3rd rounders (70/79) but Tampa got him at 66.

But like you said, I'd expect him to spend the year in the AHL.

Old
08-18-2010, 06:59 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

StLouis-Stamkos-Downie
Gagne-Lecavalier-Malone
Purcell-Moore-Bergenheim
Pouliot-Persson-Harju

Old
08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
I agree with your proposals to build lines, but... 4th line I would like to see differently:

Persson - Thompson - Pouliot

This is my version

However, I think that Harju will play in Norfolk next season. He hasn't no experience in the NHL or AHL. Dana Tyrell is still here, who would like to get into the team, and lines could look like this:

3. Purcell - Moore - Tyrell
4. Pouliot - Thompson - Bergenheim

Old
08-18-2010, 08:27 PM
LetsNotUseNames

If Boucher is going with 7 defensemen, then aren't there only 11 spots at forward? For some reason, I have it in my mind that a team can only dress 20 players. For the Lightning it would be: 2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, and 11 forwards. If that's not the case, then hopefully someone will be able to clarify the rule for me.

So I see the top three lines as:

Gagne - Lecavalier - Malone
Bergenheim - Moore - Purcell

and I see the last two spots going to players that are prepared to give 100% every night and are willing to play a specialized role. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boucher changing line combinations depending on the opponent either (i.e. Purcell playing on the second line in place of Malone).

Old
08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusic View Post
I agree with your proposals to build lines, but... 4th line I would like to see differently:

Persson - Thompson - Pouliot

This is my version

However, I think that Harju will play in Norfolk next season. He hasn't no experience in the NHL or AHL. Dana Tyrell is still here, who would like to get into the team, and lines could look like this:

3. Purcell - Moore - Tyrell
4. Pouliot - Thompson - Bergenheim
I wouldn't be surprised if Harju and Tyrell BOTH end up in Norfolk where they can get top-6 minutes, but I'd put my money on Harju to make the club before Tyrell for several reasons. First, last year was Dana's first full season in a pro men's league, while Harju's got 4 in the SEL and 1 in the KHL. Second, Bergenheim is pretty much what we can expect from Tyrell as a future NHL regular, especially if his offensive upside doesn't pan out as hoped.

Old
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsNotUseNames View Post
If Boucher is going with 7 defensemen, then aren't there only 11 spots at forward? For some reason, I have it in my mind that a team can only dress 20 players. For the Lightning it would be: 2 goaltenders, 7 defensemen, and 11 forwards. If that's not the case, then hopefully someone will be able to clarify the rule for me.

So I see the top three lines as:

Gagne - Lecavalier - Malone
Bergenheim - Moore - Purcell

and I see the last two spots going to players that are prepared to give 100% every night and are willing to play a specialized role. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boucher changing line combinations depending on the opponent either (i.e. Purcell playing on the second line in place of Malone).
I don't think Boucher has ever said he uses 7 defensemen every game, but rather that he has done so and he's comfortable with doing it regularly. I do think the Lightning will carry 12-13 forwards, but, yes, it's quite probable there's plenty of games where only 11 forwards suit up (especially if the Lightning acquire another defenseman or if Mathieu Roy is kept as the 7th defenseman).

I, too, think the team's depth will allow Boucher to mix-and-match for chemistry purposes and also to make in-game adjustments. There are multiple intriguing combos (sans injuries) that come to mind:

Do you want an extremely talented top-6 with a fast checking line line and an energy line with interchangeable parts? You ice:
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Gagne-Lecavalier-Malone
Bergenheim-Moore-Purcell
Harju-Thompson-Persson

Do you want three solid offensive lines and a quick and pesky energy line? You ice:
Downie-Stamkos-St. Louis
Gagne-Lecavalier-Purcell
Malone-Moore-Harju
Bergenheim-Thompson-Persson

Do you want to jumpstart Vinny while taking some pressure off of Stammer? You ice:
Gagne-Lecavalier-St. Louis
Malone-Stamkos-Downie
Bergenheim-Moore-Purcell
Harju-Thompson-Persson

Do you want the absolutely most balanced lineup you can muster? You ice:
Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis
Gagne-Lecavalier-Purcell
Harju-Moore-Downie
Bergenheim-Thompson-Persson

Last edited by nhljohnson: 08-18-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old
08-22-2010, 04:59 PM
LightningBurrows
ThreatLevelMidnight

St.Louis-Stamkos-Malone
Gagne-Lecavalier-Downie I think both of these lines see equal time
Bergenheim-Moore-Purcell
Wright-Pouliot-Tyrell
Durno,Persson,Jones

Ohlund-Hedman
Kubina-Clark
Lundin-Lashoff
Smaby

Ellis\Smith

Whats up with Ranger is he taking this year off?

Closed Thread