HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Driving in South Florida

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
  #1
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,460
vCash: 500
OT: Driving in South Florida

Before I start I need to inform some that the pedal on the right makes you move, and the pedal to the left is what most THINK makes you move...

Rules
1. If you are going under the speed limit...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2. If you are doing the exact speed limit....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
3. If someone is in an obvious rush AND YOU ARE NOT, please be aware and unselfish and move. If you are also in a rush and don't want to move for the other guy, crap or get off the pot.

If you are guilty of breaking the above rules, you are NOT qualified to give a dirty look. YOU are in the way. STOP LOOKING AT THE PERSON TRYING TO MOVE AND LOOK AT THE &*@^!#&#@!*&$&@^ ROAD.

4. If you're going to stop in the right lane at the red light, keep as left as possible in the lane to leave space for the drivers TRYING to make the legal right turn.

5. (Stolen from Gallagher) If you making a left and are the first car....get out there! There's two other cars that can go through the same yellow if you're not a selfish moron.

6. If you're head is the approximate height of the wheel. Pull over and call someone who should be driving.

7. Again, if you're in the way, don't give a dirty look. Instead, just................die?

8. IF YOU CAN MAKE THE RIGHT ON RED....DO SO!!!

9. If you are taking too long to turn where as the person behind you successfully inched around you and turn at the same time or before....KILL YOURSELF.

10. If there's nobody behind me and you cut me off to drive slower than me. Kill yourself....or....KILL YOURSELF.

CHGoalie27 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
  #2
Biggzy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
You're not the guy who rides peoples ***** if they aren't going to your desired speed, are you?

As for the, "get out of the way for people in a rush." Don't agree there. If you're in a rush, its usually your own fault.

But yeah, driving in Miami is pretty awful.

Biggzy* is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
  #3
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500

TimHortons is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 03:45 PM
  #4
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
lol I agree. The drivers down here are truly terrible. We get the typical bad New York drivers, the overwhelming amount of old people, and immigrants who probably don't have a valid drivers license. Makes me glad I don't live in Ft. Lauderdale anymore.

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
  #5
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Driving in South Florida is a contact sport.

That being said, i'm a defensive driver. I assume everyone on the road is actively trying to hit me. I equally hate the people in the left lane going 35 with their left blinker on as well as the people who ride behind you when there are two open lanes on either side of you.

There was a time where i as driving with my friend in the HOV lane, and i saw an unmarked cop car up ahead. Since i was speeding a the time, i slowed down to the speed limit. Meanwhile, the SUV behind me was so close to me, i couldn't see his headlights in my rear view mirror. Eventually, he got so annoyed, he switched lanes, pulled up next to me, and after exchanging some choice gestures, he pulled in front of me and slammed on the breaks. This completely took me by surprised and i was incensed. Then, the unmarked cop car turned on his lights and pulled the dick over. Justice was served.

So yeah, if you wanna drive 90mph all the time, be my guest, but don't put my life in danger cause you don't wanna miss the beginning of Jersey Shore. Of course, i agree with most of your complaints otherwise.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
  #6
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
I don't know about all those, but here's some rules for the Orlando area:

1. If you don't bother to use your blinker, don't get ticked that I don't know you're about to cut into my lane, I don't read minds.

2. If you do use your blinker but go in the opposite direction because you left it on, I'd rather you didn't use it at all.

3. Please explain why you feel it necessary to drive 10 miles or more UNDER the speed limit on non-highways, in the left lane no less.

4. It's shocking I know, but you don't actually have to text while you drive, nor do you need to make a non-hands-free phone call. If it's that important, you should probably pull over. This also goes for moviegoers, if you'd rather text during the movie, I'd rather you didn't actually watch it and ruin my experience.

5. Red actually means red, which means stop. It doesn't mean you have a few precious seconds to run it so OMG go through it now. I watched a school bus do this once, unbelievable.

6. Don't bother letting go of your break while stopped at an intersection so you can slowly crawl into the intersection awaiting the green light. Holding onto the break can't be that taxing on you, and those that do this to get a head start, are always the ones who don't immediately go when it's green anyway.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
  #7
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,733
vCash: 286
I always thought Tampa was bad, then my brother moved to Coral Springs and I had to drive around there.

Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
  #8
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
I cant stand people who slam on their brakes constantly. I believe that causes more wrecks than anything else.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 04:58 PM
  #9
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerman effect View Post
I always thought Tampa was bad, then my brother moved to Coral Springs and I had to drive around there.
As a person who grew up in Palm Beach county, but now lives in Tampa most of the year, i can definitely say driving in Tampa sucks, but driving in Southern Florida is much worse. Basically, in Tampa, there's more cars on fewer roads, so its just super congested. But i don't run into as many blatent idiots and people who fail at life as in South Florida.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
  #10
jglenn001
Registered User
 
jglenn001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post




But yea driving in S. Florida sucks, especially in the city of Miami

jglenn001 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
  #11
Titan124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Main thing in florida, and drivers like OP are the ones who never ever do it, is USE YOUR ****ING BLINKER. I don't get it, this should've become habit at some point, but no one ever uses there damn blinker.

Titan124 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 05:55 PM
  #12
Shockley
Go Cats Go!
 
Shockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 50
when im driving and someone behind me is riding me and trying to pass i make sure to drive right next to another car so they cant pass :p

Shockley is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
  #13
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,903
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlaPanthers View Post
when im driving and someone behind me is riding me and trying to pass i make sure to drive right next to another car so they cant pass :p
You and everyone else who drives on the south end of the turnpike.......I hate you!!

JP Mick is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
  #14
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerman effect View Post
I always thought Tampa was bad, then my brother moved to Coral Springs and I had to drive around there.
I live in Coral Springs and it's not that bad. Go see Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. They're 10 times worse.

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 06:30 PM
  #15
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,903
vCash: 120
I moved down to SFLA from Toronto where everyone uses turn signals.(more or less) OMFG.
People down here refuse to use them! I don't know if they are stupid, ignorant, or just cant't multi-task but it's frustrating as hell. I'm pretty sure it's on the driving test..........are there that many people driving without a license??

JP Mick is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 06:36 PM
  #16
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Before I start I need to inform some that the pedal on the right makes you move, and the pedal to the left is what most THINK makes you move...

Rules
1. If you are going under the speed limit...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2. If you are doing the exact speed limit....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
3. If someone is in an obvious rush AND YOU ARE NOT, please be aware and unselfish and move. If you are also in a rush and don't want to move for the other guy, crap or get off the pot.

If you are guilty of breaking the above rules, you are NOT qualified to give a dirty look. YOU are in the way. STOP LOOKING AT THE PERSON TRYING TO MOVE AND LOOK AT THE &*@^!#&#@!*&$&@^ ROAD.

4. If you're going to stop in the right lane at the red light, keep as left as possible in the lane to leave space for the drivers TRYING to make the legal right turn.

5. (Stolen from Gallagher) If you making a left and are the first car....get out there! There's two other cars that can go through the same yellow if you're not a selfish moron.

6. If you're head is the approximate height of the wheel. Pull over and call someone who should be driving.

7. Again, if you're in the way, don't give a dirty look. Instead, just................die?

8. IF YOU CAN MAKE THE RIGHT ON RED....DO SO!!!

9. If you are taking too long to turn where as the person behind you successfully inched around you and turn at the same time or before....KILL YOURSELF.

10. If there's nobody behind me and you cut me off to drive slower than me. Kill yourself....or....KILL YOURSELF.


Edit: I completely missed the one above.


Last edited by StrangeVision: 08-10-2010 at 09:28 PM.
StrangeVision is online now  
Old
08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
  #17
TimHortons
Gud Night
 
TimHortons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post


hahah hope you saw the one above.

In other news, I really don't like humidity.


Last edited by TimHortons: 08-10-2010 at 06:58 PM.
TimHortons is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
  #18
panthersfan751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
I live here, and most South Florida drivers are crazy. Everyone's basically already said what I would have said, that people think red lights and speed limits are mere suggestions, turn signals are viewed as a sign of weakness, and driving with a cell phone is the norm. Actually obeying the speed limit down here will cause the car behind you to get right on your rear bumper and tailgate you.

Dave Barry sums it up perfectly in the first two paragraphs of this column:

http://www.davebarry.com/misccol/NASCAR.htm

panthersfan751 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 07:46 PM
  #19
Adamg0013
Registered User
 
Adamg0013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
ever been to Hialeah, driving there is terrible

Adamg0013 is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
  #20
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
There's a reason why I-95 the nation's most deadly road. It's plain and simple. Drivers here think they own the damn road. I try to drive no more than 5 mph over the speed limit on a road and no more than 10 mph over on the highway and every single day on my to and/or from work, I have someone tailgate in the RIGHT lane so close that I can't even see their front bumper.

I was just in New York & Boston two weeks ago and their drivers are absolutely CRAZY, however they known what the hell they are doing compared to here. It gets a lot worse in the winter when the roads are much more congested with all the damn snowbirds who can't see over the wheel. Also, I've noticed over the last few days with all the rain, yeah South Floridians SUCK at driving in the rain. You'd think since we get so much of it, people would know how to properly drive in it, but I guess I'm assuming too much.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 10:58 PM
  #21
Hip to be Square
 
Hip to be Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Before I start I need to inform some that the pedal on the right makes you move, and the pedal to the left is what most THINK makes you move...

Rules
1. If you are going under the speed limit...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2. If you are doing the exact speed limit....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
3. If someone is in an obvious rush AND YOU ARE NOT, please be aware and unselfish and move. If you are also in a rush and don't want to move for the other guy, crap or get off the pot.

If you are guilty of breaking the above rules, you are NOT qualified to give a dirty look. YOU are in the way. STOP LOOKING AT THE PERSON TRYING TO MOVE AND LOOK AT THE &*@^!#&#@!*&$&@^ ROAD.

4. If you're going to stop in the right lane at the red light, keep as left as possible in the lane to leave space for the drivers TRYING to make the legal right turn.

5. (Stolen from Gallagher) If you making a left and are the first car....get out there! There's two other cars that can go through the same yellow if you're not a selfish moron.

6. If you're head is the approximate height of the wheel. Pull over and call someone who should be driving.

7. Again, if you're in the way, don't give a dirty look. Instead, just................die?

8. IF YOU CAN MAKE THE RIGHT ON RED....DO SO!!!

9. If you are taking too long to turn where as the person behind you successfully inched around you and turn at the same time or before....KILL YOURSELF.

10. If there's nobody behind me and you cut me off to drive slower than me. Kill yourself....or....KILL YOURSELF.
Dee derpy dart da dee da deetly derpy dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy rabble riddly raddly rootly dee dum tee too tee tumpy TERP ta tumpy terpy tee...

DERS
0. Dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy ...DEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.
-3. Dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy scoopy ....DEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.
F7. Da teetly tumpy toopy dum ter deetle der TER DUM DEE DER, teetle der terpy loopy rabbly lurpy scoopy loopy dum. Tee terpy dee Dee derpy dum rabble ruffly dee.

Dee derpy dart da deetly derpy dee , per loo PEE derp a terpy skerpy bee. TEETLE derp dee derpy doo PEETLE PERPY DOOPY LOOPY DOO DER TEETLY TERPY BURPY LA &*@^!#&#@!*&$&@^ LURPPY LOO .

33. Ribbly rapple rooty tooty loopy loo, la lurpy skerpy perpy poo. Terpy tee terp a terp a wherpy wherpy woo deetle tweetle see serpy SERR da deerpy loo terp.

4. (Teetle dee Derp) Teetly terpy ribble skerp....terpy too! Derp a peepy perp a derp beetle burpy lurpy loo da dabble da derpy doo.

$. Dee derpy doo ta terpy tum, beetly burpy boppy boo ribbly skerpy derpy dee ta teetly terpy terpy tum.

M. Derp, da derpy derpy doo, perpy lurpy loo. Peetly, perpy................pee?

86. Per peetly peerpy doopy doo....DER TEETLE TOO!!!

-45. Dee derpy dart da deetly derpy dee , per loopy Da derp a peepy perp a derp beetle burpy lurpy loo da dabble da derpy doo.....PEEBLE DOO.

2. Terpy tee terp a terp a wherpy wherpy woo deetle tweetle see serpy SERR da deerpy loo terp. DERPY DEE....or....TEETLE TERP.

Hip to be Square is offline  
Old
08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
  #22
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
Dee derpy dart da dee da deetly derpy dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy rabble riddly raddly rootly dee dum tee too tee tumpy TERP ta tumpy terpy tee...

DERS
0. Dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy ...DEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.
-3. Dee dump ta turpy toopy loopy scoopy ....DEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR.
F7. Da teetly tumpy toopy dum ter deetle der TER DUM DEE DER, teetle der terpy loopy rabbly lurpy scoopy loopy dum. Tee terpy dee Dee derpy dum rabble ruffly dee.

Dee derpy dart da deetly derpy dee , per loo PEE derp a terpy skerpy bee. TEETLE derp dee derpy doo PEETLE PERPY DOOPY LOOPY DOO DER TEETLY TERPY BURPY LA &*@^!#&#@!*&$&@^ LURPPY LOO .

33. Ribbly rapple rooty tooty loopy loo, la lurpy skerpy perpy poo. Terpy tee terp a terp a wherpy wherpy woo deetle tweetle see serpy SERR da deerpy loo terp.

4. (Teetle dee Derp) Teetly terpy ribble skerp....terpy too! Derp a peepy perp a derp beetle burpy lurpy loo da dabble da derpy doo.

$. Dee derpy doo ta terpy tum, beetly burpy boppy boo ribbly skerpy derpy dee ta teetly terpy terpy tum.

M. Derp, da derpy derpy doo, perpy lurpy loo. Peetly, perpy................pee?

86. Per peetly peerpy doopy doo....DER TEETLE TOO!!!

-45. Dee derpy dart da deetly derpy dee , per loopy Da derp a peepy perp a derp beetle burpy lurpy loo da dabble da derpy doo.....PEEBLE DOO.

2. Terpy tee terp a terp a wherpy wherpy woo deetle tweetle see serpy SERR da deerpy loo terp. DERPY DEE....or....TEETLE TERP.


(I have to be honest, I'm surprised you actually took the time to write out what you did.)

StrangeVision is online now  
Old
08-11-2010, 12:00 AM
  #23
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Alright so clearly this was to let off some steam but we've diverged so thread's done

Panthers Rock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.