HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 MLB Thread (All Yankees, Mets and General MLB talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2010, 04:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
I like both Cecilani and Vaughn in Brooklyn right now. This organization tends to rush players so ****ing much, so I hope they take their time with both of them (especially Vaughn).

Old
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Every player on every team gets waived just about, not just the bad ones.

Last year the Yankees waived Cano, but they had absolutely no intention of trading him.

Albert Pujols, Joe Mauer, Ryan Braun... all were waived at one point.
One of the few things I never understand is how waivers works after the trade deadline since, to me, it's just weird anyway.

Old
08-07-2010, 04:08 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
his discipline isn't terrible... it isn't average yet either... but he did make some real big strides this year which is the most important part. But your right he isn't ready yet. Duda isn't ready yet either. He has horrible lefty/righty splits. Basically if he got called up he could only be a platoon player.
I think you're over-estimating Duda's struggles with lefties. While he's certainly hitting a lot better against righties (absolutely demolishing them), his struggles against lefties could be a lot worse. Definitely something he needs to work on, though. He's just starting to come around this year, so I have faith in him.

Code:
Entire Season	AVG		AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	OPS
vs Left	               .242	 62	9	15	3	1	4	12	5	16	0	0	.309	.516	.825
vs Right	               .352	 108	19	38	11	1	10	28	11	18	0	0	.413	.750	1.163

Old
08-07-2010, 04:50 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Berkman looks really washed up so far. The jury is definitely out on that acquisition.

Old
08-07-2010, 05:27 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Berkman looks really washed up so far. The jury is definitely out on that acquisition.
He's fine, he is hitting the ball hard, just right at people... it happens.

We don't need him to always hit, just get on base, which he does well. Miranda is terrible.

and considering the fact that there was no way the Yankees could get a 'big bat' such as Dunn, which they weren't going to get anyway... and the spare parts that have no future in this organization anyways... it was a great trade.

Old
08-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
He's fine, he is hitting the ball hard, just right at people... it happens.

We don't need him to always hit, just get on base, which he does well. Miranda is terrible.

and considering the fact that there was no way the Yankees could get a 'big bat' such as Dunn, which they weren't going to get anyway... and the spare parts that have no future in this organization anyways... it was a great trade.

I was hoping to see Montero called up to DH but I'm fine with him spending the rest of the season down in AAA, though hes been tearing the cover off of the ball for the last 2 months (just hit another oppo hr a few minutes ago.) I suppose hes always a viable option if Berkman really craps out.

Mariners are going to rue the day they took Smoak over Montero.

Old
08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
I was hoping to see Montero called up to DH but I'm fine with him spending the rest of the season down in AAA, though hes been tearing the cover off of the ball for the last 2 months (just hit another oppo hr a few minutes ago.) I suppose hes always a viable option if Berkman really craps out.

Mariners are going to rue the day they took Smoak over Montero.
I'm glad we kept Montero. Some of our best hitters are showing signs of age. We need a young potent bat in the lineup.

Old
08-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
I'm glad we kept Montero. Some of our best hitters are showing signs of age. We need a young potent bat in the lineup.
Oh for sure. The fact that this trade didn't go through will prove to be a blessing (assuming Lee signs with the Yankees in the off season.)

Montero went 3-5 today with a double and 2 RBI's. Hes been abusing AAA over the last two months and if we were any other team, hed be in the majors right now.

Old
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Deathstroke

Montero 3-4 with a 2 run walk of HR.

Hes simply too good for AAA.

Old
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
17futurecap

Quote:

Kid is a beast, so pumped he is still in the organization

Old
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

He better be on the team as a regular next season. Use him as the primary DH and 1b every now and then with Posada and Cervelli splitting time(not evenly) behind the plate.

Old
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

How many years are left in Posada's contract? 1 ?

Old
08-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
He better be on the team as a regular next season. Use him as the primary DH and 1b every now and then with Posada and Cervelli splitting time(not evenly) behind the plate.
I don't think there is any question that he is a regular with the team next year. He should be a regular right now but we don't have any room.

I actually think you'll see Posada, Montero and Cervelli get time behind the plate next year. Id rather keep Montero as a DH who can spell the every day catcher every once in a while since his D isn't very good and I hate the idea of putting a guy with a potentially epic bat behind the plate.

Old
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
I don't think there is any question that he is a regular with the team next year. He should be a regular right now but we don't have any room.

I actually think you'll see Posada, Montero and Cervelli get time behind the plate next year. Id rather keep Montero as a DH who can spell the every day catcher every once in a while since his D isn't very good and I hate the idea of putting a guy with a potentially epic bat behind the plate.
I would say Posada and Montero will switch DH a lot next year, if I had to guess Posada catches around 80 if he is healthy all year, and Cervelli and Montero split the other 80. They seem to like Cervelli, but he can't hit at all, and his defense really isn't that great either. That is nothing against Cervelli either because he was a 190 hitter in AA when he got called up.

Old
08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
How many years are left in Posada's contract? 1 ?
Yeah 1 after this one. I hated the contract when he signed it but he contributed towards another ring so I'll live with it, even if he completely blows next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap
I would say Posada and Montero will switch DH a lot next year, if I had to guess Posada catches around 80 if he is healthy all year, and Cervelli and Montero split the other 80. They seem to like Cervelli, but he can't hit at all, and his defense really isn't that great either. That is nothing against Cervelli either because he was a 190 hitter in AA when he got called up.
Couldn't have said it better my self.

Old
08-09-2010, 10:41 PM
DontStepanMe

some shmuck is trying to sue the Mets, Rawlings, MLB, Castillo, Castro and more for being hit in the head with a broken bat. If he wins this case i'm going to be pissed. People will just sue for anything these days. I feel bad that he had damage done, but if he watched the bat he could probably have avoided it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5449775

Old
08-10-2010, 06:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
some shmuck is trying to sue the Mets, Rawlings, MLB, Castillo, Castro and more for being hit in the head with a broken bat. If he wins this case i'm going to be pissed. People will just sue for anything these days. I feel bad that he had damage done, but if he watched the bat he could probably have avoided it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5449775
He won't win. In fact, I'd be very surprised if the case is ever heard. When you use a ticket to enter the stadium you agree to the risks associated with entering. There's also an announcement over the pay that tell people to pay attention to objects leaving the field. There's an assumed risk. If he felt there wasn't enough done to ensure his safety, he didn't have to sit there or even go to the game.

08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Deathstroke

Montero 3-4 with another HR tonight.

How much longer can we leave him in AAA?

Old
08-10-2010, 09:59 PM
17futurecap

Quote:

I think if they didn't get Berkman he would be up. I wonder just how bad his defense is behind the plate?

Old
08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

They should bring Gary Sanchez up with him!

Once Montero is up, Heathcott and Sanchez become my two favorite prospects.

Old
08-11-2010, 08:05 AM
darko

Quote:
They should bring Gary Sanchez up with him!

Once Montero is up, Heathcott and Sanchez become my two favorite prospects.
That kid is raking in GCL. Count me in as a fan as well.

.359/.424/.621/.1.045 - 6 HRs in 27 games (striking out around 25% of the time). From what I've read he's got huge offensive potential and defensively he projects to be much better than Montero but not as good as Romine.

Soon turning 18.

Old
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I think if they didn't get Berkman he would be up. I wonder just how bad his defense is behind the plate?

I haven't seen him improve at all this year. They are stealing bases off him at a very good clip (85 SBs in 86 games at catcher - 23% CS%). I'm not worried about his defence simply because I've always been of the opinion that he wont stay there. He doesnt have the agility or arm strength to play catcher (his arm isn't too bad it's just that he takes a while to release the ball). He'll get some time at catcher (splitting with Posada and later Romine) but he'll mostly DH and get ocassional game at 1B. I also wouldnt be surprised if he gets a game or 2 in LF simply just to get his bat in the lineup - this depends on what Yankees lineup looks at the time.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...e=v_free&_mp=1

Old
08-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I haven't seen him improve at all this year. They are stealing bases off him at a very good clip (85 SBs in 86 games at catcher - 23% CS%). I'm not worried about his defence simply because I've always been of the opinion that he wont stay there. He doesnt have the agility or arm strength to play catcher (his arm isn't too bad it's just that he takes a while to release the ball). He'll get some time at catcher (splitting with Posada and later Romine) but he'll mostly DH and get ocassional game at 1B. I also wouldnt be surprised if he gets a game or 2 in LF simply just to get his bat in the lineup - this depends on what Yankees lineup looks at the time.

Wouldn't it make more sense to stick him in right on those days? He isn't exactly fleet of foot and there is a ton of ground to cover in LF at Yankee Stadium.

Those HR's are ridiculous in the sense that it doesn't even look like he hit those balls all that well yet they got out rather easily.

Call him up, hes ready and we can use his bat.

Old
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

The Dude had another home run and big night (2-4, HR, BB) to bring his line to .321/.391/.663

Captain Kirk actually had a walk and went 1-3.

Matt Den Dekker (one of the guys I'm really excited for) has been great since his promotion to Lo-A Savannah, hitting .385/.467/.462

Old
08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post

I agree 100%. I saw him last night and he allowed 2 SBs because he double clutched both times. Could've clearly thrown out the 2nd SB. His batting is obviously ready for the majors but he just can't play catcher

Closed Thread