HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

36th Obsequious Banter Thread: It's Powe as in Howe

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2010, 01:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
wow, thats ********. bragging about crimes even if you didnt commit them isn't smart, but that seems uncalled for.
Apparently someone tipped off the police, who then investigated, found an eyewitness, and then charged the bozo.

If you're going 140km in a 40km zone in a residential subdivision, I don't give a **** how they caught you - you deserve everything you get.

And his parents have taken his car away - good for them. This ******* doesn't deserve that nice a car.

Old
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I'm in Boothbay Harbor, Maine for the week. Very relaxing. The view from the back porch (taken with my cell phone, unfortunately):

That looks beautiful! I'm envious as hell, sitting in my office...

Old
08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Wow. And for the Loser of the Day:

http://news.therecord.com/News/article/759950
While I'm all for tagging the grade-A douchers out there, I hate this type of law enforcement. I could go on a small rant but that won't get anywhere, so I'll just make a comparison to The Wire (for anyone who watched) -- remember towards the end as Daniels was climbing the ladder? Remember how, even before that, he was dead set on building cases and true deterrents as opposed to quick rips and buy-bust? This whole instance just seems weak.

Old
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Apparently someone tipped off the police, who then investigated, found an eyewitness, and then charged the bozo.

If you're going 140km in a 40km zone in a residential subdivision, I don't give a **** how they caught you - you deserve everything you get.

And his parents have taken his car away - good for them. This ******* doesn't deserve that nice a car.
How do you find an eyewitness on something like that though? I don't know, it just seems weak.

Old
08-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

i dont know, i'm a "prove it" kind of guy. in my opinion, if a cop with a radar gun doesnt clock you, he can't prove how fast you were actually going...however, if a cop just sees you going way too fast, he should at least be able to write you up for reckless, without knowing the speed for sure. Ive been in traffic school where that had happened to people, and its essentially a situation where the police officers' opinion is respected. i think the burden of proof should be with the government, and an internet post + one eyewitness doesn't do it for me.

Old
08-11-2010, 02:41 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
i dont know, i'm a "prove it" kind of guy. in my opinion, if a cop with a radar gun doesnt clock you, he can't prove how fast you were actually going...however, if a cop just sees you going way too fast, he should at least be able to write you up for reckless, without knowing the speed for sure. Ive been in traffic school where that had happened to people, and its essentially a situation where the police officers' opinion is respected. i think the burden of proof should be with the government, and an internet post + one eyewitness doesn't do it for me.
I agree completely. If the ******* had chosen to fight the ticket in court, the police wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. There was nothing to prove exactly how fast he was going.

I'm not sorry that the ******* has lost his licence for 6 months though - if he was going anywhere close to 140km in a residential neighbourhood, it's damn lucky that a kid didn't dart out onto the road when the ******* was driving at that rate of speed.

Old
08-11-2010, 02:43 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
I agree completely. If the ******* had chosen to fight the ticket in court, the police wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. There was nothing to prove exactly how fast he was going.

I'm not sorry that the ******* has lost his licence for 6 months though - if he was going anywhere close to 140km in a residential neighbourhood, it's damn lucky that a kid didn't dart out onto the road when the ******* was driving at that rate of speed.
We've all seen that people on the internet claim that they've done ridiculous ****. Combine that with teens' predilection for exaggeration, and the fact that 140km/h in a neighborhood seems unlikely....

Old
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

i just found a news report on this. there's a damned good chance that this guy wasn't just being an internet tough guy, and so he gets what he deserves in this case.

the legal precedent is pretty terrible, however. "someone says **** on internet--PROSECUTE"

edit: apparently he had driven past one of the forum members on the street he sped on, who posted this:

“If I ever see you speeding down the neighbourhood again, the cops are going to be the least of your worries!!!”

why isn't that guy getting prosecuted for making threats? if the speeding claim counts, why doesnt this?

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 08-11-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old
08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Flyers just announced on Twitter that Coburn is marrying his long time girlfriend on August 21st. Maybe he will finally become stable now

Congrats Braydon!

Old
08-11-2010, 03:44 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
There are many times when I feel like a ****** could do my job.

Old
08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
Flyers just announced on Twitter that Coburn is marrying his long time girlfriend on August 21st. Maybe he will finally become stable now

Congrats Braydon!
I heard she is cute. Solid.

1 word = Pre-nup

Old
08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Please tell me your job is not helmet tester...

Old
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Can Coburn kiss her or does he have to shave down the beak?

Old
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
two retards are my boss. maybe we can arrange something.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Life and times of JSTAFF.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:19 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
two retards are my boss. maybe we can arrange something.
My bosses are really cool although I'm not really sure what they do, but they're chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Life and times of JSTAFF.
Not to get too political, but I feel like we have an up-front seat to the death of the middle class. Go to good schools, do well, etc., and end up in dead-end jobs that will never go anywhere.

I'm personally selling out and going back to law school so I can try to jump into the upper-class (and I'll probably hate myself for the next 35 years), but it sucks that a college degree is that worthless nowadays.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:21 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
My bosses are really cool although I'm not really sure what they do, but they're chill.

Not to get too political, but I feel like we have an up-front seat to the death of the middle class. Go to good schools, do well, etc., and end up in dead-end jobs that will never go anywhere.

I'm personally selling out and going back to law school so I can try to jump into the upper-class (and I'll probably hate myself for the next 35 years), but it sucks that a college degree is that worthless nowadays.
I have been saying it since I graduated college. The degree isn't worth dick in todays world. If you dont know someone or have **** and give good blowjobs, your chances of getting out of mediocrity is fair at best.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

is that you i see right down the row from me?

Old
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I have been saying it since I graduated college. The degree isn't worth dick in todays world. If you dont know someone or have **** and give good blowjobs, your chances of getting out of mediocrity is fair at best.
The only thing a degree is worth is getting into grad school/law school/MBA/whatever. But in and of itself, it's just not enough, I mean, 3/4 of the people I know that I graduated with are unemployed and half the ones that are employed are working at Petsmart or etc.

I think I have one of the best jobs of people in my year and without getting into specifics, I barely make $30,000 not to mention that although my coworkers are cool, the work itself is mind-numbing.

Quote:
is that you i see right down the row from me?
Ha, I've been good about staying off HF at work....so far.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Working on the road is a beautiful thing...

Next stop -- Kelowna.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
The only thing a degree is worth is getting into grad school/law school/MBA/whatever. But in and of itself, it's just not enough, I mean, 3/4 of the people I know that I graduated with are unemployed and half the ones that are employed are working at Petsmart or etc.

I think I have one of the best jobs of people in my year and without getting into specifics, I barely make $30,000 not to mention that although my coworkers are cool, the work itself is mind-numbing.
Well that sucks to hear going into my freshman year.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
get a serious internship somewhere good, and do it right away.

Old
08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Just don't shell out too much on undergrad, your undergrad school is nearly meaningless unless you're going to an Ivy/Stanford or something. Also, major in something that's readily applicable and preferably technical (I made the IR mistake, should have done engineering or comp sci) or if you don't, have a post-undergrad schooling plan.

Old
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Just don't shell out too much on undergrad, your undergrad school is nearly meaningless unless you're going to an Ivy/Stanford or something. Also, major in something that's readily applicable and preferably technical (I made the IR mistake, should have done engineering or comp sci) or if you don't, have a post-undergrad schooling plan.
Yeah WVU is somewhat cheap, a lot cheaper then St. Joes which was my other option and I have no clue what I'm majoring in yet.

Old
08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Pick a practical major (math and sciences ftw!). Community college for liberal arts classes. In state schools. Do anything you can to get a job on campus, a position as a research assistant, or something off campus. Internships in the summers.

Pray.

Closed Thread