Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Soccer prospects discussion threads Part III ‎

Old
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM
*Injektilo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Excuse me if I care about my club and not some kid I'll never meet or know. This is a website for fans, not for save the children or feed the children.

Disgusting.

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 11:32 AM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Nice list as usual Evilo,

I just have 1 observation ...

I think that Moussa Sissoko is way too low ...IMO is skillset is unreal for a DM. If there's one guy that I can see becoming the next Vieira/Yaya Toure it's him.

And he scored the most beautiful goal i've EVER seen for a Defensive midfielder !

He is gonna become a key player next year for Toulouse

He would be perfect for Liverpool !
Great individual effort, but geesh use your teammates. It's a team game.

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
Great individual effort, but geesh use your teammates. It's a team game.
Come on ..
1- He is a teenager !
2- Half his teammates were off-side at one point.
3- It was one goal and it's not like he tries to get through the other teams all the time !
4- Do you question the atittude of every great footballer because at one point in their life they will a goal where they look unselfish and it happen to all of them !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Evilo

Biggest problem with this goal is that it was against amateurs in Cup action.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Evilo

Anyway, with my latest list, I'll say goodbye to all of you on this site.

It's been a pleasure to be part of the team but I think I've spent enough time discussing hockey, football and other sports on the internet, it's time for me to spend more time doing other things in my life (and things that can be less furstrating).

I've tried to do as well as I can as a mod (and for a very long time I think I'm one of the oldest mod), I've probably made mistakes one way or the other but I've always tried to be fair.

I'll keep my account because I want to be able to post once in a while, but I don't want to mod anymore and will rarely be present here.
For those that want to contact me, they can reach me at evilov@gmail.com or through my blog (signature).

Have fun!

Olivier

Old
08-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Slaphappy pappy
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post

It's been a pleasure to be part of the team but I think I've spent enough time discussing hockey, football and other sports on the internet, it's time for me to spend more time doing other things in my life (and things that can be less furstrating).

I've tried to do as well as I can as a mod (and for a very long time I think I'm one of the oldest mod), I've probably made mistakes one way or the other but I've always tried to be fair.

I'll keep my account because I want to be able to post once in a while, but I don't want to mod anymore and will rarely be present here.
For those that want to contact me, they can reach me at evilov@gmail.com or through my blog (signature).

Have fun!

Olivier
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Just Kidding!....I've only posted a few times, but I found you to be fair and very knowledgeable.
you'll be missed.

Slaphappy pappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier
See ya, I was not expecting that.

For what it's worth, I read your blog all the time. As long as you still update there, then I'll be reading, and I'll even comment once in a while as well.

Always fun reading your posts. Good luck.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier
C'est vraiment dommage que tu nous quitte !

Tu es un gars apprécié et tes opinions divergents amène toujours d'intéressantes discussions.

Bravo pour ta liste et ton blogue c'est vraiment bien à lire.
Ah oui, finalement ! Le meilleur pour la fin, je suis content que pittsburgh aient finalement gagné la coupe !

Feel free to come back anytime you want mon chère !

Old
08-02-2009, 07:06 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier
Darn, guess I will have to start reading your blog!

Anyways, it's been great having you always give updates about French football and prospects as well as plenty of opinions on everything else!

Best of luck to you in the future.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 10:31 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier

I wish you would change your mind but I understand your reasons behind it!

Good luck, and as always I'll be reading your site.

GJ

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Juni

Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier
Keep in touch, and keep up the great work on your blog.

Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Biggest problem with this goal is that it was against amateurs in Cup action.
Moussa Sissoko was just invited with the national team squad ....
not bad for a teenager !!

I think he is a top 5 prospects easily from ligue 1... just personal opinion but still !

Old
08-03-2009, 04:38 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:

Have fun!

Olivier
I enjoyed your insight on French football, shame to see you leave. I'll definitely check out your blog though.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Juni

Hervin Ongenda and PSG have been tearing it up at the MUPC this week.

Juni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
adzrne7

sick ball control on this kid

adzrne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
brangle

Arsenal have apparently signed a Brazilian teenager named Wellington according to goal.com

"Arsenal have reportedly completed the £3.5 million signing of Brazilian striker Wellington Silva.

The 16-year-old, who plays for Fluminense, will not join up with his Arsenal team-mates until his 18th birthday in January 2011 due to FIFA regulations. "

Yet another player who has been signed before he is 18. Would be nice if FIFA/UEFA could come up with a rule that no club could sign a player who is not within their geographic area if they are under 18.

brangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 08:58 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
More poaching, just ridiculous.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Jungle Boy

comments...

Felipe Coutinho - good player. Quick, nice ball control. He is coming off a injury, I have seen him play sometimes and there are a few question marks, don´t know if he can adjust his playing style to european football. the same with Welligton.

But I have to let you know about 2 players that everybody is talking about down here (and complaining beacause they are not on Dunga´s List), both from Santos.

Neymar (18): Robinho part 2, but he strikes better. Once again, like Robinho, he may not adjust to Europe, but he is a special player. I hope he keep his focus on playing football that he will suceed.

Paulo Henrique Ganso (21): Ok. This guy is the real deal. such a complete player, great vision, great passing, all over the field. the ball seens to follow him. he plays just like Zidane. calm, always keep it simple until the grat play. look for it in youtube and you will see what I´m talking about.

Jungle Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Ajax were awarded the Città dei Ciclopi-award, an award for the best youth education programme in Europe. Whether that's a lifetime achievement award or an award based on this year, I'm still not sure about.

Still, nice for Ajax to be acknowledged..

Ajacied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
gary69

England are the new UEFA U-17 champions after beating Spain.

Connor Wickham (he has already played and scored for Ipswich this season) was impressive and got a goal again. Good pace for such a big guy, has strength obviously. Missed a couple of good chances in the tournament, but seems to have all the tools to become a direct, powerful finisher at top level.

Barca's Gerard was dangerous for Spain (les habs has already profiled him in La Liga thread).

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajacied View Post
Ajax were awarded the Città dei Ciclopi-award, an award for the best youth education programme in Europe. Whether that's a lifetime achievement award or an award based on this year, I'm still not sure about.

Still, nice for Ajax to be acknowledged..
Their development system is just awesome. I remember the killer teams they had in the mid nineties with Van Der Saar in net and Overmars, Kluivert, and Davids leading the attack. It sucks that teams like this have ended up as a feeder team to bigger clubs in Europe.

Last edited by bipolarhabfan: 07-09-2010 at 06:36 PM.
bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Got a question for you guys... I use http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/playerindex.cgi to look up scouting reports on (NHL,MLB,NBA,NFL) players.

But does anyone have one for Soccer players? For example I'm trying to get some scouting reports on tonights Galaxay vz Quakes game.. but I was hoping for a something comprehensive league wide. Soccer so big I doubt theres a fifa wide one...

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Just read your list Evilo. I've got a few questions.

1. Have you had the opportunity to watch Neymar yet?

2. If so, comparing Neymar and Hazard, which player do you think will be greater?

I was a little surprised to see you have Sakho so high as well.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Evilo

Neymar is exciting, that's for sure. But in the games I saw, he's wasn't overwhelming. So the footage isn't enough for me to compare. I've seen plenty of Eden Hazard. I don't think I've ever seen someone being the best player in the league at age 19 in Ligue 1. Benzema was the best at some point, and he was 21-22. Even then, he's a special player, bothered by a questionnable character. None of that with Hazard, who is smarter than a veteran really. He knows his value, but doesn't have a big head. Very down to earth type of guy, surrounded by a good family/agent. He doesn't brag about anything, only says the good stuff.
Sidney Crosby, without the spotlight (because frankly, Lille and Ligue 1 aren't under the spotlight). If that guy was playing in a top team, he'd be compared to Messi.

As for Sakho, it's all about the upside. That and he's still a starter on a pressure heavy team, on a pressure heavy position and he's often the best player on his team.
Sure, he's had a few brainfarts, but you rarely see a 20 year old center back who doesn't make mistakes.
Blanc (who knows a thing or two about center backs) said last week he was the future of the french defense.
I have no doubt about that, especially when you add the intangibles (leadership, character).

Old
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
gary69

Nice to see the new L1 list, haven't really seen enough of half the players on it.

I too have a couple of questions, mostly regarding players not making your list and how would you rate them.

First, Yacine Brahimi, I think he turned down representing Algeria, so he must fancy his chances for a France call-up in the future. From what I have seen, he is good offensively, how would you rate him compared to players you listed.

Secondly, what's your opinion of some goalies, who have represented France at youth level. I see you put Ospina there, and I agree his probably the best younger keeper in the league.

But do you see enough upside in Yohann Thuram and Anthony Mfa Mezui to one day become a borderline international keeper or at least a starter in the league? And what about Giorgi Makaridze, seems to have enough of physical ability, and he already has 5 caps for Georgia aged 20, which isn't too much for a keeper to maybe progress quite a bit still.

And lastly, Nigeria's Ideye Brown, who was a late addition to their WC squad (but didn't play). He qualifies by his age (1988 born) and maybe hasn't too much potential left, and wasn't a huge hit in Sochaux for the sizeable transfer fee they paid for, but he scored quite a bit in Switzerland. Maybe he could do better this season after getting acclimatized. Where would you rate him?

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote