HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2010 MLB Thread (All Yankees, Mets and General MLB talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to stick him in right on those days? He isn't exactly fleet of foot and there is a ton of ground to cover in LF at Yankee Stadium.

Those HR's are ridiculous in the sense that it doesn't even look like he hit those balls all that well yet they got out rather easily.

Call him up, hes ready and we can use his bat.

Well probably because of Yankee Stadium dimensions but his arm isn't good enough at RF. I would be surprised if they try him there.

I dont mind seeing him down there for a bit longer. I mean if we were playing Miranda at DH then I would be all for it. By the way scouts rate his power just a shade under 80 ... that's on a 20-80 scale.

Old
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
nyrleetch

I can't wait to see Montero up.

Old
08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
17futurecap

Over slot draft pick signings are starting to trickle in now, Yanks came to terms with St. John's closer Dan Burawa and New Jersey native and masher at Tulane Rob Segedin.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=2723

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?p=2719

Old
08-11-2010, 06:50 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Well probably because of Yankee Stadium dimensions but his arm isn't good enough at RF. I would be surprised if they try him there.

I dont mind seeing him down there for a bit longer. I mean if we were playing Miranda at DH then I would be all for it. By the way scouts rate his power just a shade under 80 ... that's on a 20-80 scale.
75 on that scale. His hit tool is a 70 IIRC.

Old
08-11-2010, 08:25 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
I can't wait to see Montero up.
Well, you'll have to wait until mid September or the beginning of next season for that. The Yankees have no reason to bring him up yet. The offense is just fine, and besides there is no room for him on the 40 man roster spot. Obviously, the Yankees could DFA someone like Wilkin De La Rosa because he is probably the first to go anyway, but they need his potential spot for the Rule V Draft guys this year.

Old
08-11-2010, 10:16 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Well, you'll have to wait until mid September or the beginning of next season for that. The Yankees have no reason to bring him up yet. The offense is just fine, and besides there is no room for him on the 40 man roster spot. Obviously, the Yankees could DFA someone like Wilkin De La Rosa because he is probably the first to go anyway, but they need his potential spot for the Rule V Draft guys this year.

True. It's just Jorgie's slumping and Cervelli can only hit singles

Old
08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Not much Mets talk. For good reason, they're awful. I'm officially done caring about them this season.

They need to find a way to dump Castillo, Perez and even Beltran.

It's just pain.
Old
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
So glad that the Acosta-lypse showed up again.

Old
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Not much Mets talk. For good reason, they're awful. I'm officially done caring about them this season.

They need to find a way to dump Castillo, Perez and even Beltran.
I don't get why Minaya or Wilpon don't understand the concept of a sunk cost. Perez, and Castillo actually have negative values for the team. The manager doesn't want to play them, and they are taking up valuable roster spots. Especially Perez. The money is guaranteed, and they are making the team worse. Why don't they just release them. I don't understand it.

Old
08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I don't get why Minaya or Wilpon don't understand the concept of a sunk cost. Perez, and Castillo actually have negative values for the team. The manager doesn't want to play them, and they are taking up valuable roster spots. Especially Perez. The money is guaranteed, and they are making the team worse. Why don't they just release them. I don't understand it.
They just want better draft picks so they can waste them on bums like Harvey again (who I am 100% hoping they don't sign).

Old
08-12-2010, 12:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
JP has the new one up.

Closed Thread