HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla, Kipper, Semin, Green

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
  #1
kushh
Registered User
 
kushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Iginla, Kipper, Semin, Green

Jarome Iginla, Robyn Regehr, Mikka Kipprusoff, Daymon Langkow, Cory Sarich
for
Alexander Semin, Mike Green, Semyon Varlamov, Mike Knuble, Tom Poti, Eric Fehr

Washington definetly wins the cup within the next 3 years with this trade.

Calgary rebuilds in one trade.

Thoughts?

kushh is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
  #2
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
not bad, not bad

maroon 6 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
  #3
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
This is a trade that we'd likely see happening before the season starts

Sharksfan83 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:48 PM
  #4
TheBrokenRib
Registered User
 
TheBrokenRib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
So bascialy, the Calgary Flames for the Washington Capitals is what you're getting at. In that case, the Caps pass.


One of the better proposals HF has ever seen in the history of the universe btw.

TheBrokenRib is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
  #5
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushh View Post
Thoughts?
Sadly this board is moderated

TRASHCAT is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
  #6
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Haha good work this thread made me laugh.

TheJudge is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
  #7
Jeff Finger 4
Registered User
 
Jeff Finger 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
i think washington might have to dangle a 3rd rounder to get sutter to think about it.

Jeff Finger 4 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
  #8
Vaasa
Registered User
 
Vaasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushh View Post
Jarome Iginla, Robyn Regehr, Mikka Kipprusoff, Daymon Langkow, Cory Sarich
for
Alexander Semin, Mike Green, Semyon Varlamov, Mike Knuble, Tom Poti, Eric Fehr

Washington definetly wins the cup within the next 3 years with this trade.

Calgary rebuilds in one trade.

Thoughts?
Seriously? Be prepared to trashed.

Iginla - NMC, and a $7 mil cap hit for a guy only scoring slightly over 30 goals
Langkow - NMC and possibly dealing with a career-ending injury
Kiprusoff - NMC with 5 more years on his contract. Varlamov is young, but seems like he's got the goods
Regehr - NMC and 3 more years. Great shut-down d-man, but relatively immobile and may not be what Washington needs on D
Sarich - 2 more years as an overpaid d-man that I don't think Washington needs

Semin - Impending UFA, $6 mil, but 40-goal scorer
Green - One of the premier young PMD in the league, signed for 2 more years after which he is an RFA, not a UFA
Varlamov - Seems like one of the better young goalies in the league. Has shown a ton of promise, cheap, and still an RFA in 1 year
Knuble - 35+ one year contract for less than $3 mil, but still puts up over 20 goals. Great leader.
Poti - 1 year left until UFA, not a bad guy to have around but not stellar (IMO)
Fehr - 24-year old 20+ goal scorer who is signed to good contract for 2 more year after which he is an RFA

All in all, as someone who is not a dedicated fan of either team, the Caps are getting royally reamed in this "deal".

Vaasa is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
  #9
tempest2i
Feral
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,362
vCash: 500
Iggy and Kipper are the faces of the franchise. This trade would be a tough sell in Calgary. I'm sure the radio morning shows around here would have a field day with this. Especially since everyone thinks Sutter has already gone off the deep end. I'd be shocked if any of the bandwagon fans that come to the games with company tickets could name two players on the team if this trade goes down.

One sticking point. Semin is a UFA after next season. Maybe if Semin was signed long term they'd be more willing to do this.

Bottom line: Probably not a trade the Flames shouldn't do, however Sutter is insane so I could see him doing it.

As an Oilers fan who hates the Flames I'm forwarding this to Sutter right now


Last edited by tempest2i: 08-11-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: lack of proof reading
tempest2i is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:58 PM
  #10
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Seriously? Be prepared to trashed.

Iginla - NMC, and a $7 mil cap hit for a guy only scoring slightly over 30 goals
Langkow - NMC and possibly dealing with a career-ending injury
Kiprusoff - NMC with 5 more years on his contract. Varlamov is young, but seems like he's got the goods
Regehr - NMC and 3 more years. Great shut-down d-man, but relatively immobile and may not be what Washington needs on D
Sarich - 2 more years as an overpaid d-man that I don't think Washington needs

Semin - Impending UFA, $6 mil, but 40-goal scorer
Green - One of the premier young PMD in the league, signed for 2 more years after which he is an RFA, not a UFA
Varlamov - Seems like one of the better young goalies in the league. Has shown a ton of promise, cheap, and still an RFA in 1 year
Knuble - 35+ one year contract for less than $3 mil, but still puts up over 20 goals. Great leader.
Poti - 1 year left until UFA, not a bad guy to have around but not stellar (IMO)
Fehr - 24-year old 20+ goal scorer who is signed to good contract for 2 more year after which he is an RFA

All in all, as someone who is not a dedicated fan of either team, the Caps are getting royally reamed in this "deal".
I know when I am trying to make an unbiased comparison, I post only good things about one teams players and only bad things about the other teams.

TheJudge is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
  #11
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Sutter is insane so I could see him doing it.
There's two parties in the trade and Sutter isnt going to be the one saying no.

TRASHCAT is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
  #12
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,569
vCash: 500
Hell no from WSH.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
  #13
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Iggy and Kipper are the faces of the franchise. This trade would be a tough sell in Calgary. I'm sure the radio morning shows around here would have a field day with this. Especially since everyone thinks Sutter has already gone off the deep end. I'd be shocked if any of the bandwagon fans that come to the games with company tickets could name two players on the team if this trade goes down.

One sticking point. Semin is a UFA after next season. Maybe if Semin was signed long term they'd be more willing to do this.

Bottom line: Probably not a trade the Flames shouldn't do, however Sutter is insane so I could see him doing it.

As an Oilers fan who hates the Flames I'm forwarding this to Sutter right now
Since i cant edit my own posts (im a bad man)

Seriously you think anything on your post mattered because the other side of the trade (it does exist) wouldnt stop laughing if this was proposed. It would be like if we traded ovechkin for iggy and calgary saying no because hes the face of the franchise. Yeah that fact not really important.

TRASHCAT is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
  #14
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,438
vCash: 500
You forgot to add Ovechkin and Backstrom and 10 1st rounders from Calgary.

Not trying to nitpick on an already horrendous proposal but how would the Caps fit the cap after the "trade"?

DuckEatinShark is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:10 PM
  #15
442
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
HF should implement a rule in which you have to have a minimum # of posts made in order to offer a trade proposal.

Thoughts?

442 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
  #16
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
There's two parties in the trade and Sutter isnt going to be the one saying no.
I would say no as Calgary's GM, quite decisively.

I'm going to borrow my friends template from above.

You're telling me I should trade:

A 2 time Rocket Richard, Art Ross Winning, 2 time 50 goal scoring elite powerforward
A Vezina Trophy winning goalie
An second line 70 point 2-way center
One of the leagues top shutdown defensemen
And a top-4 defensive defender

For:

1 year of a soft russian who can sometimes score when he feels like trying
A defensemen who doesn't play defense
A goalie with 32 games played - only need a small sample size to assess goalies!
A 35+ forward who nearly makes 3 mil and can barely score 20 goals
A pretty good 3rd liner ()

TheJudge is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:13 PM
  #17
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close
 
SeanVT395's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
I'm half surprised to see a mod hasn't closed this thread yet













SeanVT395 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
  #18
tempest2i
Feral
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
Since i cant edit my own posts (im a bad man)

Seriously you think anything on your post mattered because the other side of the trade (it does exist) wouldnt stop laughing if this was proposed. It would be like if we traded ovechkin for iggy and calgary saying no because hes the face of the franchise. Yeah that fact not really important.
Gotta disagree with you on that point. Iggy is easily the most popular athlete/celebrity in the city.

I'm not going to stay here and defend his play, I'm not saying he's a superstar these days. I'm just saying, the media around here LOVES Iggy and they already hate Sutter. If the most popular person in town and the face of the franchise is traded away for a one year rental of Semin and a couple promising soon to be RFA's the local media is going to explode.

Even if Flames "win" this trade down the road, it'd be the last thing Sutter ever does as GM.

tempest2i is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
  #19
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
I would say no as Calgary's GM, quite decisively.

I'm going to borrow my friends template from above.

You're telling me I should trade:

A 2 time Rocket Richard, Art Ross Winning, 2 time 50 goal scoring elite powerforward
I couldnt stop laughing there

Sorry you may be unaware of this but this is the year of our lord 2010. Breaking news i know!

TRASHCAT is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
  #20
vecens24
Registered User
 
vecens24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Come on Washington! Make this deal! Set the franchise back 5 years at least!

vecens24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
  #21
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey442 View Post
HF should implement a rule in which you have to have a minimum # of posts made in order to offer a trade proposal.

Thoughts?
Post counts do not = intelligence and common sense. I've seen some more ridiculous proposals from people with thousands of posts

Sharksfan83 is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
  #22
TRASHCAT
Registered User
 
TRASHCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Gotta disagree with you on that point. Iggy is easily the most popular athlete/celebrity in the city.

I'm not going to stay here and defend his play, I'm not saying he's a superstar these days. I'm just saying, the media around here LOVES Iggy and they already hate Sutter. If the most popular person in town and the face of the franchise is traded away for a one year rental of Semin and a couple promising soon to be RFA's the local media is going to explode.

Even if Flames "win" this trade down the road, it'd be the last thing Sutter ever does as GM.
Why does this matter? Theres no way in hell our gm would even consider this for one second. Spare yourself the worry.

TRASHCAT is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
  #23
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
Caps become cup contenders after trading their PP QB who happens to be one of the best in the game.

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
  #24
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
I would say no as Calgary's GM, quite decisively.

I'm going to borrow my friends template from above.

You're telling me I should trade:

A 2 time Rocket Richard, Art Ross Winning, 2 time 50 goal scoring elite powerforward
A Vezina Trophy winning goalie
An second line 70 point 2-way center
One of the leagues top shutdown defensemen
And a top-4 defensive defender

For:

1 year of a soft russian who can sometimes score when he feels like trying
A defensemen who doesn't play defense
A goalie with 32 games played - only need a small sample size to assess goalies!
A 35+ forward who nearly makes 3 mil and can barely score 20 goals
A pretty good 3rd liner ()
Declining players vs. players on the rise, simple as that. Beyond stupid for WSH.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
08-11-2010, 10:25 PM
  #25
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Seriously? Be prepared to trashed.

Iginla - NMC, and a $7 mil cap hit for a guy only scoring slightly over 30 goals
Langkow - NMC and possibly dealing with a career-ending injury
Kiprusoff - NMC with 5 more years on his contract. Varlamov is young, but seems like he's got the goods
Regehr - NMC and 3 more years. Great shut-down d-man, but relatively immobile and may not be what Washington needs on D
Sarich - 2 more years as an overpaid d-man that I don't think Washington needs

Semin - Impending UFA, $6 mil, but 40-goal scorer
Green - One of the premier young PMD in the league, signed for 2 more years after which he is an RFA, not a UFA
Varlamov - Seems like one of the better young goalies in the league. Has shown a ton of promise, cheap, and still an RFA in 1 year
Knuble - 35+ one year contract for less than $3 mil, but still puts up over 20 goals. Great leader.
Poti - 1 year left until UFA, not a bad guy to have around but not stellar (IMO)
Fehr - 24-year old 20+ goal scorer who is signed to good contract for 2 more year after which he is an RFA

All in all, as someone who is not a dedicated fan of either team, the Caps are getting royally reamed in this "deal".
Good evaluation except you forgot to add that Semin is as soft as a good toilet paper, Green cant play defense, Varlamov is unproven, Knuble and Poti are not better than a lot of available FAs and Fehr is relatively unproven as well

Flames 1st pick is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.