HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks cap situation

Old
08-05-2010, 03:20 AM
chances14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesrw View Post
Anyone think Chicago might claim Ritola if we waive him?
chiacgo is way down the list in the waiver order, so i'm sure somebody would claim him before he got to the hawks

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 06:11 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings1421 View Post
chiacgo is way down the list in the waiver order, so i'm sure somebody would claim him before he got to the hawks
He's not nearly good enough to be a Chicago prospect.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I could point out how inaccurate, childish, and shallow your supposed "counterpoints" are, but I'm not doing this anymore. It was a mistake to stop ignoring you. And here I thought we had made some progress. Oh well.
I'm just glad I finally helped you understand the relevance of pre-NHL performance before you re-inserted your digital fingers in your digital ears.

Ta-ta!

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2010, 08:29 AM
PocketGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gibson Cup View Post
He's not nearly good enough to be a Chicago prospect.
Once Chicago claims him he'll be ready for top line minutes and a potential all star - just like the rest of their prospects!

PocketGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 11:15 PM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGnome View Post
Once Chicago claims him he'll be ready for top line minutes and a potential all star - just like the rest of their prospects!
Yesterday days signing of Boynton for 500k and they are happy about it shows the dire straits they are in. The Hawk fans are claiming how great this signing is.

But yet the Wings sign Salei and that's a bad signing.

Old
08-12-2010, 08:46 AM
PocketGnome

Quote:
Yesterday days signing of Boynton for 500k and they are happy about it shows the dire straits they are in. The Hawk fans are claiming how great this signing is.

I thought the Boynton signing was a good signing for the price.

But why all these one year deals? They're gonna be tight again next season.

PocketGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
Salei is in his mid 30's. That'd be part of the reason.

The majority of hockey fans (I'd say close to 70-80%) believe the sport is only a young man's game, and that anybody in their 30's should be taken out to pasture (or, play in the KHL); hence, why everyone thinks Holland has lost his mind after signing Modano and Salei.

You also have to consider that these are Blackhawks fans we're talking about. They'd acknowledge the Leafs as a great team before they ever say anything nice about the Wings.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Salei is in his mid 30's. That'd be part of the reason.

The majority of hockey fans (I'd say close to 70-80%) believe the sport is only a young man's game, and that anybody in their 30's should be taken out to pasture (or, play in the KHL); hence, why everyone thinks Holland has lost his mind after signing Modano and Salei.

You also have to consider that these are Blackhawks fans we're talking about. They'd acknowledge the Leafs as a great team before they ever say anything nice about the Wings.
^THIS...

This is probably b/c of the popularity of the NFL. People see the the decline in performance that happens when someone hits 30 in NFL and think its the same in every sport. That once a player hits 30 its curtains for their career, especially the past few years in the NFL where faces of the franchise and futures HOFs hit 30 have a bad year and the team rids them(see Tomlinson, LaDainian). There is also no loyalty in NFL

BUT the NFL is a totally different wear and tear on the body. Where a 30 year old player has a 40 year old body. In The NHL, MLB, NBA some of the best players in the league are 30+ and still contribute at high level(E.G. Lidstrom, A-Rod, Pujols, Kobe, etc)

So in essence 40 in other sports is = 30 in the NFL and b/c of the media attention the NFL gets people mistake other sports' 30 as being the equivalent

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Marky9er

Quote:

Probaly because it was a great signing. Too bad we didn't make it.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Probaly because it was a great signing. Too bad we didn't make it.
Who says the Wings had the opportunity to make it? Seems to me Bonyton gave an insanely nice discount to stay in Chicago.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Who says the Wings had the opportunity to make it? Seems to me Bonyton gave an insanely nice discount to stay in Chicago.
Yes, that's what I hate about it. We would have paid nearly double for him. I suggested him as a deadline target last season, Chicago beat us too it. I watched a lot of Anaheim last season because of late starts.....I love his shot blocking. He's a steal for Chicago.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Yes, that's what I hate about it. We would have paid nearly double for him. I suggested him as a deadline target last season, Chicago beat us too it. I watched a lot of Anaheim last season because of late starts.....I love his shot blocking. He's a steal for Chicago.
What are you talking about? The Wings have MORE than their fair share of discounted players.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
What are you talking about? The Wings have MORE than their fair share of discounted players.
I'm talking about nearly double, AKA less than a million, I don't know what your talking about. I'm also talking about that I hate that Chicago has something good go their way, I was enjoying the **** show.

Old
08-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGnome View Post
I thought the Boynton signing was a good signing for the price.

But why all these one year deals? They're gonna be tight again next season.
Skille deal is a 1 yr deal because it is 1 way and most likely guarantees him a spot on roster (He has been wanting to play in NHL for last 2 years but our depth + his cap hit made that not feasible)

Guys like Brophey and Davis are prospects the Hawks still like who are probably on last chance to show the Hawks improvement in Rockford

Guys like Jessiman and Cullimore are AHL filler

As for Hendry + Boynton and there 1 year deals. We have a good amount of young Dman prospects that Hawks have in longterm plans so that means that in coming years our bottom pairing could see these young dman making there attempts at NHL

Ivan Vishnevskiy = Could win a roster spot moving Hendry or Boynton to #7 with a strong camp/preseason

Brian Connelly = Our best dman at AHL last year could also be in mix to win roster spot

Simon Danis-Pepin = Similiar dman to Hal Gill who plays in Rockford and could be a longterm bottom pairing dman for us in coming years

Shawn Lalonde = Offensive minded 2nd round pick expected to play this season in Rockford (He isn't NHL ready IMO so I dont see him winning a roster spot on Hawks)

Nick Leddy = Just signed out of NCAA ,,, Not sure if he will start year in AHL or go to another league. Probably a couple years away from being in NHL

We also have Dylan Olsen (University of Minnesota-Duluth) and Joe Lavin (Notre Dame) in pipeline and we selected 2 more good prospects in 2nd round of this years draft that are both longterm prospects (Years away) in Justin Holl (Going to USHL) and Stephen Johns (Heading to Notre Dame)

As for Turco the 1 year length works best for both sides. Hawks get a 1 year option at cheap rate and Turco gets a #1 job and chance to prove he still has it (And thus be a UFA next summer)

It will keep it possible that Hawks can look to sign a goalie longterm next offseason when our cap situation looks much better (If Niemi goes back to Europe dont discount the possiblity of him coming back to Hawks next summer as UFA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

Actually there are still many Hawk fans like myself that hate the ####### Leafs and there fans more then Wings and there fans

Wings = Good organization , Good players , Good team and ok fans (IMO)

Leafs = Terrible organization , Terrible players , Terrible team and for most part some of the worst fans in NHL

Frankly I hated the Leafs 2nd most growing up ,,,,, #1 was reserved for North Stars (I miss that rivalry)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Skille deal is a 1 yr deal because it is 1 way and most likely guarantees him a spot on roster (He has been wanting to play in NHL for last 2 years but our depth + his cap hit made that not feasible)

Guys like Brophey and Davis are prospects the Hawks still like who are probably on last chance to show the Hawks improvement in Rockford

Guys like Jessiman and Cullimore are AHL filler

As for Hendry + Boynton and there 1 year deals. We have a good amount of young Dman prospects that Hawks have in longterm plans so that means that in coming years our bottom pairing could see these young dman making there attempts at NHL

Ivan Vishnevskiy = Could win a roster spot moving Hendry or Boynton to #7 with a strong camp/preseason

Brian Connelly = Our best dman at AHL last year could also be in mix to win roster spot

Simon Danis-Pepin = Similiar dman to Hal Gill who plays in Rockford and could be a longterm bottom pairing dman for us in coming years

Shawn Lalonde = Offensive minded 2nd round pick expected to play this season in Rockford (He isn't NHL ready IMO so I dont see him winning a roster spot on Hawks)

Nick Leddy = Just signed out of NCAA ,,, Not sure if he will start year in AHL or go to another league. Probably a couple years away from being in NHL

We also have Dylan Olsen (University of Minnesota-Duluth) and Joe Lavin (Notre Dame) in pipeline and we selected 2 more good prospects in 2nd round of this years draft that are both longterm prospects (Years away) in Justin Holl (Going to USHL) and Stephen Johns (Heading to Notre Dame)

As for Turco the 1 year length works best for both sides. Hawks get a 1 year option at cheap rate and Turco gets a #1 job and chance to prove he still has it (And thus be a UFA next summer)

It will keep it possible that Hawks can look to sign a goalie longterm next offseason when our cap situation looks much better (If Niemi goes back to Europe dont discount the possiblity of him coming back to Hawks next summer as UFA)

Actually there are still many Hawk fans like myself that hate the ####### Leafs and there fans more then Wings and there fans

Wings = Good organization , Good players , Good team and ok fans (IMO)

Leafs = Terrible organization , Terrible players , Terrible team and for most part some of the worst fans in NHL

Frankly I hated the Leafs 2nd most growing up ,,,,, #1 was reserved for North Stars (I miss that rivalry)
Great Post

I live close/ in Leaf Land and its hilarious listening to their fans talk about how Phaneuf is a Norris calibre D, "THE MONSTER", Kessel, Bozak as the next Gilmour ect

It is funny, but these are people who I would guess are most casual fr the most part and dont post on sites like these

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote