HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

What are the lines going to be next year?

Old
07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Hey rookie. What happened? Jeff piss on your cereal? Or did he bop your main squeeze? What he does off the ice is his business. I know times have changed but could you imagine phone camera's at Rexy's back in the day!! Anyway dump your bowl out, wash it, and try again. Don't be a hater
Yeah, we'll see chump at the midpoint. And to answer your question about Rexy's and the current roster, if the boys played with half the heart the teams in the 70's/80's showed no one would give a ratsass.

Cartsie can do what he wants, just suggesting that it might be best suited if he was doing while playing LW..

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Yeah, we'll see chump at the midpoint. And to answer your question about Rexy's and the current roster, if the boys played with half the heart the teams in the 70's/80's showed no one would give a ratsass.

Cartsie can do what he wants, just suggesting that it might be best suited if he was doing while playing LW..
fartsiefan you are so funny If all you suggested was that he was suited for LW,then that is your opinion and thats fine. I think you should go back and read your posts. If you think this team has no heart then there is no helping you at all. By the way how does your cereal taste now

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:

I Remember when...

... "half the heart" huh? Apparently you weren't watching?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:50 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Well, i would go something like this:

Hartnell-Briere-Leino

An easy one. Worked perfect in playoffs. No need to change.

Zherdev-Richards-Carcillo

Gagne-Richard worked well and Zherdev is a bit like Gagne. Carcillo will make opponents pissed off. Also 20 goals

JVR-Carter-Giroux

Giroux will be the brains. It will be: JVR steals the puck in corner, passes to Giroux who comes off the corner, passes to Carter in slot, Carter shoots, JVR drives to the net and score

Powe-Betts-Laperriere-Shelley

Yeah there is four. Hope that ref doesnt notice that.

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
Well, i would go something like this:

Hartnell-Briere-Leino

An easy one. Worked perfect in playoffs. No need to change.

Zherdev-Richards-Carcillo

Gagne-Richard worked well and Zherdev is a bit like Gagne. Carcillo will make opponents pissed off. Also 20 goals

JVR-Carter-Giroux

Giroux will be the brains. It will be: JVR steals the puck in corner, passes to Giroux who comes off the corner, passes to Carter in slot, Carter shoots, JVR drives to the net and score

Powe-Betts-Laperriere-Shelley

Yeah there is four. Hope that ref doesnt notice that.
Probably something more along the lines of: Carter with the puck in the neutral zone, he skates past Giroux on his way into the offensive zone. He goes wide on the defense and has JvR wide open cutting to the net, but shoots short side high and wide and the puck whips around the boards and turns into an odd man rush the other way.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2010, 02:55 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
And the most talented of all those lines is the 3rd line WHY?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Probably something more along the lines of: Carter with the puck in the neutral zone, he skates past Giroux on his way into the offensive zone. He goes wide on the defense and has JvR wide open cutting to the net, but shoots short side high and wide and the puck whips around the boards and turns into an odd man rush the other way.
The 3rd line should be Carter-Carter-Carter, because we all know Carter could score 40 goals all by himself. Since when is Jeff Carter so great with the puck, he has the one move you noted and no one else sees what could ever possibly be wrong with this from an offensive view in your 5th NHL season....it is called, predictable.

Old
08-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I Remember when...

... "half the heart" huh? Apparently you weren't watching?
Ummmmm, well counter with...

Old
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Kuato

Kuato struggles with this because he simply cannot figure out whose a center and whose a wing. Anyone know?

Kuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Kuato

That's all well and good, but they did not complete the mission. So please do not tout that comeback as some chest-puffing worthy talking point.

And really, those commercials are sickeningly overdone.

Old
08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Zerdev - Richards - Giroux/Carcillo

Hartnell - Briere - Lieno

JVR - Carter - Giroux/Carcillo

Teste/Powe/Shelly - Betts - Lappy

Pronger - Carle
Timmo - Mezo
Coburn - Walker/O'Donnel

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:08 AM
bballeric

i think most of you agree that the 4th line will be

powe-betts-lappy

i think shelley will only play against the atlantic division teams and MAYBE some other tough fighting teams.

but besides that powe is in and come playoff time shelley will be a healthy scratch cause fighting is irrelevent in the playoffs and starts to wear down alot.

bballeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:12 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Can we do a voting kind of thing?

Who will be 2nd line center?
Who will be 2nd line left winger?
Who will be 2nd line right winger?
Who will be Mike Richards left wing? (given Richards will be a center)
Who will be Mike Richards right wing?

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:16 AM
bballeric

can you, cause i dont know how to i signed up here like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

bballeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 01:48 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Im feelin this for opening night

Zherdev -- Richards -- JVR
Hartnell -- Briere -- Leino
Giroux -- Carter -- Carcillo
Lappy -- Powe -- Shelley
Betts*

Carle -- Pronger
Timonen -- Coburn
Meszaros -- O'Donnell
Walker

Leighton
Boucher

*I took into account that Betts maybe not be ready to play.

I think JVR will play well with Richards and Zherdev. Hopefully he improves and could be a disturbance in front of the net.
The second needs no explanation.
The third line brings some some grit and scoring. Carter is not good on the wing and needs to play center. Giroux and Carcillo would be good wings for him.
The fourth line is gonna be fun to watch. Lappy and Powe can both hit and Shelley will make sure no one takes runs at us. They all a touch of scoring ability and will be tough to play against.

The defense is pretty obvious. I dont see Lavi splitting up the "core 4." Meszaros and O'Donnell will play well together I think. O'Donnell is more of a stay at home while Meszaros is better offensively. Both have some size so hopefully they can lay some people out. I dont know why Walker gets so much hate around here. Maybe its because we traded Gagne for him? Walker isnt a bad D man. He isnt gonna be like Pronger but he shouldnt have to be. He is a 6th D man that is huge and can check and fight. Most importantly he isnt afraid to clear the crease. He deserves a chance just like all our new guys.

The goaltending is what it is. We cant change it now. Leighton with our defense and Jeff Reese can be gold out there. Or he could blow us every game we play in. We'll just have to wait and see. A full season for Leighton could be good come playoff time. Id rather him iron out his weaknesses and faults in the regular season than when it really counts. If he plays solid he could be more well rounded come playoff time. Just trying to be optimistic here.

There ya have it. Flame away.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Garbage Goal

Shelley-Shelley-Shelley
Shelley-Shelley-Shelley
Shelley-Shelley-Shelley
Shelley-Shelley-Shelley
Craig Berube

Elbow-Shelley
Shelley-Shelley
Shelley-Shelley

A cement wall
A brick wall

In all seriousness though, aside form the 4th line and the 13th forward, the forward lines are pretty much a crap-shoot at this point. There's so many combos and possibilities that there isn't any way of putting forward a guess that's better then any other.

As for the d-men, we'll have to see who gets stuck on the 3rd pairing and who gets waived (unless we actually plan on carrying 8 d-men on the roster...).

I think we all know our goalie situation.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Cartsiephan*

Rinse, wash, repeat.....

Hartnell/Briere/Leino
JvR/Richards/Carcillo
Powe/Giroux/Zherdev
Shelley/Carter/Laperriere

This way Carter can stay at center and score 60 goals.

Old
08-12-2010, 09:35 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Rinse, wash, repeat.....

Hartnell/Briere/Leino
JvR/Richards/Carcillo
Powe/Giroux/Zherdev

For God's sake, please get Carcillo off Richards' line. And yes, I'm totally ignoring what you've done with Carter.

Just don't saddle Richards with Carcillo. Ever. Thanks.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Kuato

To be honest, Kuato really struggles with this because they have more than a few players who have played both center and wing.

Richards is a center, but is rumored to play wing. Carter is a center, but is not very good at it, and has played wing, but is rumored to dislike it. Giroux was drafted to be a wing, but has played primarily center. Briere was a center prior to coming here, but played both last year. Powe started as a center, but is now a wing.

It really all depends on what positions these guys play, as that would drastically affect where Kuato would put them.

The only thing that is set in Kuato's opinion is the defense:

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Meszaros - O'Donnell

Old
08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
njdevil26

I'm not intending for any trolling negativity here so please don't peg me for that.

But do you guys honestly think that Carter is going to be the third line center?

I would have him centering the second line and having Briere playing wing.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Kuato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Im feelin this for opening night

Zherdev -- Richards -- JVR
Hartnell -- Briere -- Leino
Giroux -- Carter -- Carcillo
Lappy -- Powe -- Shelley
Betts*

Carle -- Pronger
Timonen -- Coburn
Meszaros -- O'Donnell
Walker

Leighton
Boucher

*I took into account that Betts maybe not be ready to play.

I think JVR will play well with Richards and Zherdev. Hopefully he improves and could be a disturbance in front of the net.
The second needs no explanation.
The third line brings some some grit and scoring. Carter is not good on the wing and needs to play center. Giroux and Carcillo would be good wings for him.
The fourth line is gonna be fun to watch. Lappy and Powe can both hit and Shelley will make sure no one takes runs at us. They all a touch of scoring ability and will be tough to play against.

The defense is pretty obvious. I dont see Lavi splitting up the "core 4." Meszaros and O'Donnell will play well together I think. O'Donnell is more of a stay at home while Meszaros is better offensively. Both have some size so hopefully they can lay some people out. I dont know why Walker gets so much hate around here. Maybe its because we traded Gagne for him? Walker isnt a bad D man. He isnt gonna be like Pronger but he shouldnt have to be. He is a 6th D man that is huge and can check and fight. Most importantly he isnt afraid to clear the crease. He deserves a chance just like all our new guys.

The goaltending is what it is. We cant change it now. Leighton with our defense and Jeff Reese can be gold out there. Or he could blow us every game we play in. We'll just have to wait and see. A full season for Leighton could be good come playoff time. Id rather him iron out his weaknesses and faults in the regular season than when it really counts. If he plays solid he could be more well rounded come playoff time. Just trying to be optimistic here.

There ya have it. Flame away.
That might be the best propose line up Kuato has seen and he still has some big issues with it.

1. There's no good shutdown line. Richards is the man you want doing that, but neither of those player seem particularly savvy in that department.

2. Carter is not a center. He didn't look good on the wing, but the man does nothing a center does. All he does is score goals. No defense, not particularly good at D, or anything else a center needs to be able to do. He does no "little things" as they say.

All that being said, Kuato can't come up with something he likes all that much more.

Old
08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I'm not intending for any trolling negativity here so please don't peg me for that.

But do you guys honestly think that Carter is going to be the third line center?

I would have him centering the second line and having Briere playing wing.
Well Richards is our best center, so he shouldn't be going anywhere. The Hartnell - Briere - Leino line will not and should not be broken up until it falters, which leaves Carter to center the 3rd line (unless he's moved to wing). They will all get even minutes anyway, that's just the way it works with our forward depth.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
For God's sake, please get Carcillo off Richards' line. And yes, I'm totally ignoring what you've done with Carter.

Just don't saddle Richards with Carcillo. Ever. Thanks.
Carcillo is going to be a top 9 guy, this is the logical place for him considering him playing with other players is him playing a bit over his head. At least Richards is more suited to the grinding style of play that Carcillo is going to bring to the ice. JvR being on a line with those two may help him grow a pair, plus teams tend to look to put punishment with Richards, Carcillo is perfect insurance.

Old
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Well Richards is our best center, so he shouldn't be going anywhere. The Hartnell - Briere - Leino line will not and should not be broken up until it falters, which leaves Carter to center the 3rd line (unless he's moved to wing). They will all get even minutes anyway, that's just the way it works with our forward depth.
I would think that Briere line would be third.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Rinse, wash, repeat.....

Hartnell/Briere/Leino
JvR/Richards/Carcillo
Powe/Giroux/Zherdev

Jeff Carter ***** this kids mom. Kid needs to be given the ban hammer.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote