HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Kennedy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2010, 08:46 AM
  #51
Red Deer Rebel
Registered User
 
Red Deer Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
they already have a lot of cheap young assets with up side, they need vets to play important roles and teach the young guys how to play.
I read this kind of argument a lot, and wonder if people really think about this kind of thing, or merely parrot stuff they read elsewhere.

What veterans on this team are capable of teaching any youngsters anything? We have the worst veteran core in the league. There is a reason we finished 30th, and the first place to look is at the guys earning the big bucks while getting outplayed on a nightly basis.

Based on what I've seen, Taylor Hall, Paajarvi, and Eberle could teach the garbage veterans on this team far more than they could learn from them.

Red Deer Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:30 AM
  #52
nsoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
I read this kind of argument a lot, and wonder if people really think about this kind of thing, or merely parrot stuff they read elsewhere.

What veterans on this team are capable of teaching any youngsters anything? We have the worst veteran core in the league. There is a reason we finished 30th, and the first place to look is at the guys earning the big bucks while getting outplayed on a nightly basis.

Based on what I've seen, Taylor Hall, Paajarvi, and Eberle could teach the garbage veterans on this team far more than they could learn from them.
the point i was making was WE NEED veterans to teach the young guys we dont need another small young guy that has potential to be a good player but is not yet developed and still needs to be taught.

we dont have the vets to teach the young guys and that is a problem but we have lots of small young guys looking for guidence who are cheap and have potential.

what we need is a D minded botom 6 guy that has some size and faceoff ability and who is a vet that still has lots left in the tank.

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:38 AM
  #53
Red Deer Rebel
Registered User
 
Red Deer Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
the point i was making was WE NEED veterans to teach the young guys we dont need another small young guy that has potential to be a good player but is not yet developed and still needs to be taught.

we dont have the vets to teach the young guys and that is a problem but we have lots of small young guys looking for guidence who are cheap and have potential.

what we need is a D minded botom 6 guy that has some size and faceoff ability and who is a vet that still has lots left in the tank.
... and my point to you is that your argument is nothing more than a cliche.

Last year, we had Sheldon Souray, Shawn Horcoff, and Ethan Moreau on the team. In fact, these 3 have been here for multiple seasons.

What have they "taught" our young guys in all this time?

Red Deer Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
  #54
ERC91
Registered User
 
ERC91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Germany
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
the point i was making was WE NEED veterans to teach the young guys we dont need another small young guy that has potential to be a good player but is not yet developed and still needs to be taught.

we dont have the vets to teach the young guys and that is a problem but we have lots of small young guys looking for guidence who are cheap and have potential.

what we need is a D minded botom 6 guy that has some size and faceoff ability and who is a vet that still has lots left in the tank.
But whom?

On center there is actually nobody out there that fill that bill.

On the wings it is Asham, Torress, Nolan and Fedotenko.
But as Asham actually also falls out of that group, as we already pushed for him and as reports say that he preferred staying in the East.

ERC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:33 AM
  #55
nsoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
... and my point to you is that your argument is nothing more than a cliche.

Last year, we had Sheldon Souray, Shawn Horcoff, and Ethan Moreau on the team. In fact, these 3 have been here for multiple seasons.

What have they "taught" our young guys in all this time?
your right that group sucked last year and were probably more harm them help. but a team still needs vets to guide the young players. if you fill a line up with too many young guys i feel they dont learn properly or it takes longer for them to develope.

but the topic was about a certin player and for me i would pass he would just be another player that doent bring enough to the table and we dont have many contracts left to hand out to another player that seems to be redundent on this team.

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
  #56
nsoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post
But whom?

On center there is actually nobody out there that fill that bill.

On the wings it is Asham, Torress, Nolan and Fedotenko.
But as Asham actually also falls out of that group, as we already pushed for him and as reports say that he preferred staying in the East.
there isnt many players like that out there thats why maholtra was over paid and horcoff is probably destined to play that roll if we cant find a cheaper altanative.

eric belanger is probably the closes thing left on the market that fits that bill

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
  #57
ERC91
Registered User
 
ERC91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Germany
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
there isnt many players like that out there thats why maholtra was over paid and horcoff is probably destined to play that roll if we cant find a cheaper altanative.

eric belanger is probably the closes thing left on the market that fits that bill
True, but rumours have him signed in Toronto.

ERC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
  #58
nsoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post
True, but rumours have him signed in Toronto.
rumours also have him signed here and in TB and in vancouver. lets see where he lands first.

nsoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
  #59
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post
True, but rumours have him signed in Toronto.
Last I heard was Washington, where did you hear Toronto?

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
  #60
ERC91
Registered User
 
ERC91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Germany
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Last I heard was Washington, where did you hear Toronto?
It actually was him

http://twitter.com/MiniPMcGuire

I now see that he has him going to Washington now, damn.

When I made that post he still had him going to Toronto.

ERC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
  #61
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoilfan View Post
what we need is a D minded botom 6 guy that has some size and faceoff ability and who is a vet that still has lots left in the tank.
Darn, if only Colin Fraser were 4-5 years older...he'd fit the bill perfectly!

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
  #62
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC91 View Post
It actually was him

http://twitter.com/MiniPMcGuire

I now see that he has him going to Washington now, damn.

When I made that post he still had him going to Toronto.
who is that?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
  #63
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
Jacare is going to absolutely trounce Tim Kennedy on his way to the Strikeforce middleweight title.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jac...ce-Crown-25579

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
  #64
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
Jacare is going to absolutely trounce Tim Kennedy on his way to the the Strikeforce middleweight title.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jac...ce-Crown-25579
Funny cause they kinda look alike

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.