HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Away Jerseys for 2010-2011 season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
  #26
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballeric View Post
the flyers away jersey will be the winter classic jerseys.

just wanted to let you know if you didnt already.

and what do you think of them?

was it the right choice?

i think it was, i like them.

front of jersey

http://www.winterclassicjerseys.com/...premier-lg.jpg

back of jersey

http://flyerflies.com/images/classicjersey2.jpg

All I can say is....******* you for posting the Gagne pic.

I'M TRYING TO FORGET.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
  #27
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim
 
Pwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
All I can say is....******* you for posting the Gagne pic.

I'M TRYING TO FORGET.
LOL I thought that too.

Boy, we really whored him out for jersey sales (he introduced the new black and white Rbk EDGE cut Flyers jerseys with Danny Briere when they were unveiled as well) until his cap hit was inconvenient and Matt Walker, Andre Meszaros Jody Shelley, and Michael Leighton's were suitable. Go eat a **** Homer.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
  #28
bballeric
 
bballeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
haha sorry man that was the only back of the jersey i could find.

i deleted it and replaced it

there is only one link now with both sides of the jersey on it


Last edited by bballeric: 08-12-2010 at 08:03 PM.
bballeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
  #29
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,679
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I like it. They have the Winter Classic jerseys at the TJMaxx by my house for $20. Sadly, they don't have my size .

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
  #30
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I like it. They have the Winter Classic jerseys at the TJMaxx by my house for $20. Sadly, they don't have my size .
What size do you need?

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
  #31
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like them. I hated the our old away jerseys last year.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
  #32
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I don't have a pic, but I would love a version they have hanging at the Center, when hockey first came to Philly, a graphic designer came up with a black base, orange sleeved with a Liberty Bell logo. I'd love to see a variation of that, or go totally different and base it off the Phantoms Spectrum Tribute jersey.


I love that jersey. I wish I could get one.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
  #33
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
That's banging dude. Send that to the Flyers.
But if you and your friend want credit for it get some sort of documentation that you made it or something, or talk to someone who knows about law. I remember reading about a fan who claimed that the Blues 3rd jersey is based off a jersey he designed. Here's the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nhl


Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 08-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
  #34
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
But if you and your friend want credit for it get some sort of documentation that you made it or something, or talk to someone who knows about law. I remember reading about a fan who claimed that the Blues 3rd jersey is based off a jersey he designed. Here's the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nhl
Be careful... since they took the design the Flyers paid for and just changed the color scheme, it is possible that the Flyers would sue their arses for stealing their patented design.


In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers already own the rights their jerseys designed in various Orange, white and black color schemes... But it wouldn't hurt to make suggestions to them... And like you say, document the suggestion.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 10:49 PM
  #35
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 633
If there is a god we will never wear the black apron jerseys again.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 11:39 PM
  #36
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
our current blacks are my least favorite flyer jersey ever, so i am very happy to hear that we wont be wearing them very often from here on out

our current white (non wc) is one of the best looking jerseys in the league imo, so its sad to see that one go, but i am a fan of the wc, so its hard to complain

i still cant believe that our first batch of newly designed rbk jerseys didnt include an orange....and i really still cant believe we ever got rid of our orange in 2000 (i think?).... i wish i was sitting in on the meeting where we decided that we should ditch our main color...pretty brutal

however, our new orange is incredible, so maybe it was worth waiting

my fav jerseys ever:

1. 90's orange
2. current orange
3. 90's white
4. current white
5.70's white

the WC has a chance to crack the top 5, but i have to have to see it a few more times

...and i think we should just stay away from black for a little while, as far as new jerseys go

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 11:44 PM
  #37
ashamsmashem
Registered User
 
ashamsmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
bring back the cooperalls.


ashamsmashem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
  #38
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim
 
Pwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
our current blacks are my least favorite flyer jersey ever, so i am very happy to hear that we wont be wearing them very often from here on out

our current white (non wc) is one of the best looking jerseys in the league imo, so its sad to see that one go, but i am a fan of the wc, so its hard to complain

i still cant believe that our first batch of newly designed rbk jerseys didnt include an orange....and i really still cant believe we ever got rid of our orange in 2000 (i think?).... i wish i was sitting in on the meeting where we decided that we should ditch our main color...pretty brutal

however, our new orange is incredible, so maybe it was worth waiting

my fav jerseys ever:

1. 90's orange
2. current orange
3. 90's white
4. current white
5.70's white

the WC has a chance to crack the top 5, but i have to have to see it a few more times

...and i think we should just stay away from black for a little while, as far as new jerseys go
And bring it back when it's "retro" so Ed Snider can make bank.

Actually, when it's retro, someone else will be Mr. Snider and making bank.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:09 AM
  #39
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,837
vCash: 200
YES


King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:18 AM
  #40
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
This is something me and my friend made one boring day, would you guys like it if these were the black jerseys?

Dude... ill. That's ****ing sweet.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 01:23 AM
  #41
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,639
vCash: 50
not a fan of the black jerseys.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 02:01 AM
  #42
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Be careful... since they took the design the Flyers paid for and just changed the color scheme, it is possible that the Flyers would sue their arses for stealing their patented design.


In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers already own the rights their jerseys designed in various Orange, white and black color schemes... But it wouldn't hurt to make suggestions to them... And like you say, document the suggestion.
Oh, lol, good point.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 06:20 AM
  #43
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballeric View Post
the flyers away jersey will be the winter classic jerseys.

just wanted to let you know if you didnt already.

and what do you think of them?

was it the right choice?

i think it was, i like them.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=641
****ing awesome, definately the right choice - I really dig those WC whiteys. Overpaid a **** ton to get one of those. In fact, that exact Richie jersey, with a Cannon C in front though.

Love the black box nameplates.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 07:12 AM
  #44
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg12lw View Post
our current blacks are my least favorite flyer jersey ever, so i am very happy to hear that we wont be wearing them very often from here on out

our current white (non wc) is one of the best looking jerseys in the league imo, so its sad to see that one go, but i am a fan of the wc, so its hard to complain

i still cant believe that our first batch of newly designed rbk jerseys didnt include an orange....and i really still cant believe we ever got rid of our orange in 2000 (i think?).... i wish i was sitting in on the meeting where we decided that we should ditch our main color...pretty brutal

however, our new orange is incredible, so maybe it was worth waiting

my fav jerseys ever:

1. 90's orange
2. current orange
3. 90's white
4. current white
5.70's white

the WC has a chance to crack the top 5, but i have to have to see it a few more times

...and i think we should just stay away from black for a little while, as far as new jerseys go
I had hoped that the Winter Classic jerseys were going to look like the 90's white, then they could bring that in with the new white, and have their three jerseys as the 70's orange, 90's white, and 2000's black. But that obviously didn't happen. And I'll take the WC white anyway.

I agree, I love the current white. Sad to see it go, even though I like the WC white a lot.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 08:55 PM
  #45
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
YES

The absolute worst jersey in the history of all history. Godawful.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
  #46
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close
 
SeanVT395's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballeric View Post
the flyers away jersey will be the winter classic jerseys.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1280&bih=641



Last edited by SeanVT395: 08-14-2010 at 12:02 AM.
SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 01:11 AM
  #47
Philadelphia Flames
Registered User
 
Philadelphia Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
This is something me and my friend made one boring day, would you guys like it if these were the black jerseys?

F**KING AWESOME!!!!!!

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 11:40 AM
  #48
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black
 
F L Y E R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
I actually like the Flyers away jerseys. They show more orange then the WC ones. A lot of teams aways jerseys are plain, with not much to it. I think the Flyers stand out more with them.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 12:55 PM
  #49
JVR21
Sexy Hexy
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 8,147
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post


Gross, in a bad way .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
This is something me and my friend made one boring day, would you guys like it if these were the black jerseys?

Disgusting, in a good way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
YES

I don't know why people hate on these. They're probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Flyers jerseys of all time.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:16 AM
  #50
DJ Mix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newark, Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
The flyers wore their new whites last night (vs. Buffalo), is this a harbinger of the return of home whites, or some kind of tease?

DJ Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.