HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill V

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
As far as Savard and Richards go.

Both would be massive upgrades over Stoll as far as 2nd line center goes...but this team needs a 30-40 goal winger to play with Kopitar much more than we need a 2nd line center.

If Dustin Brown could somehow manage to match the 33 goal season he had in 08 I think we would be a much much better team.
That's very much true, but at the same time having a guy like Savard or Richards would help Brown/Williams (whomever is not playing with Kopitar) tremendously more than Stoll. Brown will score a lot more goals playing on Savard's wing on the second line than he did playing on Stoll's wing on the 2nd line last year.

But yes, I'd say winger is higher priority.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I would be very happy with Brad Richards in the Kings lineup this season and even more so if we could get him to sign an extension with a cap hit of around $5.5M for the next 3-4 seasons after that. The guy's cap hit is way out of whack right now, but the Kings could afford it this season.

Richards > LW

Two lines with centers that make their linemates much, much better equals a lot more offense 5-on-5.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would be very happy with Brad Richards in the Kings lineup this season and even more so if we could get him to sign an extension with a cap hit of around $5.5M for the next 3-4 seasons after that. The guy's cap hit is way out of whack right now, but the Kings could afford it this season.

Richards > LW

Two lines with centers that make their linemates much, much better equals a lot more offense 5-on-5.
^ this, but making the assumption we dont have stonehand wingers...

Id like to see how schenn pans out tho.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Johnny Utah

Dallas won't ship Richards to us, too close to home.

Mitchell is the guy Kings should be focusing on.

Old
08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
johnjm22

I don't know about Richards. His stats are nice, but the fans in Tampa sure weren't sad to see him go.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:02 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Okay don't kill me now but what would it take to get Semin.
He is an UFA after this season and Washington has to move some salary after Belangers contract.

This was said by Belanger to a French newspaper when asked about which team he was joining. He replied that he couldn't answer until his team made a salary move.

http://translate.google.com/translat...off%26prmd%3Do

If any of the rumors should be true about a top 6 forward and Kings fans getting happy.

Then that could only be Semin if it was from Washington.

It would make me VERY happy. if so.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Johnny Utah

Burke said on the radio that he has received offers of a combo of a young player and a pick, that seems true to what Matt Barry suggested about Moller and a pick.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:06 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Okay don't kill me now but what would it take to get Semin.
He is an UFA after this season and Washington has to move some salary after Belangers contract.

This was said by Belanger to a French newspaper when asked about which team he was joining. He replied that he couldn't answer until his team made a salary move.

http://translate.google.com/translat...off%26prmd%3Do

If any of the rumors should be true about a top 6 forward and Kings fans getting happy.

Then that could only be Semin if it was from Washington.

It would make me VERY happy. if so.
The Capitals wouldn't need to move any salary to fit Belanger under the CAP.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Read it for yourself. It is not me making it up.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:11 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
And why in the world would they prefer Belanger over Semin?

Old
08-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Johnny Utah

If Mitchell signs with us, it creates a spot for a offensive D prospect like Voynov, Hickey, Martinez....If Kaberle is dealt here, it creates a spot for a tougher prospect like Muzzin or Campbell.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The rumor was Washington was going to move Fleischmann to Vancouver for Bieksa.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:21 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Guys if you read the link I posted you can maybe explain it better then me.

I'm just putting facts together with a rumor. So I will say it again if Washington has to make a salary move (They have a lot of Ufa's next season) and it should be an impact on the salary. Who would it be?

Next season: 9 UFA's and 3 RFA's and cap space 27 mill and if they choose to sign Semin - at least 7 mill. makes cap space 20 with 11 guys to sign.

I don't know but that sounds like a tough nut to me

Last edited by alpa: 08-13-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

man id love to have Semin on this team, would have prefered him to kovy to start the off season

Old
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Maybe they are going after Niemi? I know I would if I was the Caps GM. Right now they have Varlamov and Neuvirth under contract. I wouldn't expect them to win me a cup.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Johnny Utah

The rumor is Moller and a 1st for Kaberele....Why do this?

Mitchell can be had for nothing, while one year of Kaberle who has made it clear he prefers the East, so one of our top forward prospects and a high pick....

Old
08-13-2010, 06:05 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Maybe they are going after Niemi? I know I would if I was the Caps GM. Right now they have Varlamov and Neuvirth under contract. I wouldn't expect them to win me a cup.
I don't know ...maybe I shouldn't believe all I read.

But here it is.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/was100630.html

Old
08-13-2010, 06:24 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Mitchell can be had for nothing, while one year of Kaberle who has made it clear he prefers the East, so one of our top forward prospects and a high pick....
I want Mitchell just as much as you do, but we don't even know if he'd be willing to come here. It's his decision, and my gut tells me he doesn't want to come to LA. I hope I'm wrong.

I'd be willing to significantly overpay to get him. Dude is a ROCK on the blueline. He'd be perfect to pair with JJ.

Doughty-Scuderi
Johnson-Mitchell

Old
08-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Johnny Utah

According to Matthew Barry, he wants to come here. He stays on the West Coast near his home in Vancouver. The other teams interested made moves, Detroit signed Salei, Washington signed Belanger...Vancouver already has 6 NHL D man, Wilie will be a depth guy over there, def not top 4 with Ballard, Hamhuis, Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler, O'Brien, and Bieska. Salo is hurt, so that leaves 6 solid every day D guys not including Alberts and Rome as the #7 and #8. Where would Mitchell fit? They'd have to deal Bieska.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
According to Matthew Barry, he wants to come here. He stays on the West Coast near his home in Vancouver. The other teams interested made moves, Detroit signed Salei, Washington signed Belanger...Vancouver already has 6 NHL D man, Wilie will be a depth guy over there, def not top 4 with Ballard, Hamhuis, Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler, O'Brien, and Bieska. Salo is hurt, so that leaves 6 solid every day D guys not including Alberts and Rome as the #7 and #8. Where would Mitchell fit? They'd have to deal Bieska.
Our defencemen:

Hamhuis, Ballard, Erhoff, Edler, Bieksa (to be traded), Salo (LTIR), Rome (can be sent to minors or traded), Alberts (minors or traded) and Shane O'Brien (minors or traded)

Don't count our roster as being complete yet, we still have no idea where any of these guys are going to end up yet. Mitchell is waiting for Bieksa to be moved to see how the numbers work out in Vancouver. Why else would he still be around? He's easily the best dman still on the UFA market and I'm sure he's had tons of offers, there's no other reason why he would still be available unless he was waiting on Vancouver.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Brodeur

Quote:

(playing Devils advocate)

You could hedge your bet that Kaberle might change his mind once he's in LA. When Ray Bourque was being shopped by the Bruins, I vaguely recall him wanting to stay in the East (specifically the Flyers). After the trade, I remember numerous Flyer fans claiming that they could simply just sign Bourque as a free agent and were glad they didn't give up any assets to get him.

And thus far the 2011 Draft looks average/below average. Last year the Hockey News ran an article stating that this might be the worst draft year since 1999.

So you could say you're adding an All-Star defenseman for a prospect who's somewhat lost in the shuffle and a 1st in a mediocre draft year. While it might only be for a year, there's at least a chance you could talk him into an extension.

2006 and 2007 were considered below average years for the Draft. At the deadline in those years, we saw contenders deal their first rounders to rent:

Brendan Witt
Doug Weight
Ryan Smyth
Bill Guerin
Ladislav Nagy
Craig Rivet (eventually resigned with Sharks)
Keith Tkachuk
Dainius Zubrus

Those teams maybe got 15-20 regular season games+playoffs out of those rentals. At least in this hypothetical case, you'd get Kaberle for the entire season.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
I don't know ...maybe I shouldn't believe all I read.

But here it is.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/was100630.html
That was before Niemi was a free agent. Who knew Chicago would walk away from the arbitration deal?

I would hope that GMs change their plans if new players become available.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:46 PM
123slam

Semin is a *****.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Our defencemen:

Hamhuis, Ballard, Erhoff, Edler, Bieksa (to be traded), Salo (LTIR), Rome (can be sent to minors or traded), Alberts (minors or traded) and Shane O'Brien (minors or traded)

Don't count our roster as being complete yet, we still have no idea where any of these guys are going to end up yet. Mitchell is waiting for Bieksa to be moved to see how the numbers work out in Vancouver. Why else would he still be around? He's easily the best dman still on the UFA market and I'm sure he's had tons of offers, there's no other reason why he would still be available unless he was waiting on Vancouver.
They say Salo is progressing well and why re-sign O'Brien if you want to waive him.

Oct. 1st, your top 6 unless nothing changes is Hamhuis, Bieska, Ballard, Edler, Ehrhoff and O'Brien. That is 6 NHL quality D man and when Salo comes back that will make 7.

Old
08-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
They say Salo is progressing well and why re-sign O'Brien if you want to waive him.

Oct. 1st, your top 6 unless nothing changes is Hamhuis, Bieska, Ballard, Edler, Ehrhoff and O'Brien. That is 6 NHL quality D man and when Salo comes back that will make 7.
Us Canucks have learned over the past two playoffs that for us, the more top defence the better. Did you see the Canucks vs Blackhawks playoffs? We were down to 4 guys and Salo was playing through a puck to the balls and a ruptured testicle.

O'Brien was re-signed right after Salo was injured but before Mitchell was clear to play. If Gillis can trade him, he will and that right there is $1.6m towards Mitchell.

Closed Thread