HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2010-2011 Florida Panthers Prospect Poll #16 RUN-OFF

View Poll Results: Who's 16?
Brickyard 13 40.63%
Jinx 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

vCash: 500
2010-2011 Florida Panthers Prospect Poll #16 RUN-OFF

Re-count. Battle of the prospects here.

In the red corner is the titan Connor, aka "Brickyard", aka Hit's Like Bricks, aka poor man's Dustin "Bustin" Brown, Brickley standing all of 6'2'' and weighing in at 195lbs.

In the blue corner is collossus AJ, aka "Don't Call Me a Jinx!", aka most underrated OHLer of all ages, aka Gold Medallion Stallion, Jenks standing in at 6'2'' 206 lbs.

You choose.

TimHortons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 03:29 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

stickin with my boy jinx

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
hockeyDude09

This poll is getting comical to say the least.

It's like comparing apples to oranges. Jenks is more proven at this stage and he's been battle tested - 4 consistent years in the OHL, CHL Memorial Cup, WJ Gold Medalist and a couple of Pro camps.

While Brickley was battle tested playing high school hockey, geez and Brickley is just beginning to play college hockey?

hockeyDude09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
flafan

jinx

flafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
16Skippy

Ray jay

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

If we have to run it off again, I will break my computer.

Old
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Hip to be Square

Jenks.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyDude09 View Post

It's like comparing apples to oranges. Jenks is more proven at this stage and he's been battle tested - 4 consistent years in the OHL, CHL Memorial Cup, WJ Gold Medalist and a couple of Pro camps.

While Brickley was battle tested playing high school hockey, geez and Brickley is just beginning to play college hockey?
I guess that makes Jenks better the Bjugstad too

Because he is older doesn't make him better. I like both, but I prefer Brick.

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyDude09 View Post

So Jenks is older and he played in the CHL. Wow, what an accomplishment.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Nice timing. I win

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Nice timing. I win
Haha. Damn you.

Old
08-12-2010, 05:47 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Jenks has similar upside, and is closer. Therefore, it should be him IMO.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 02:19 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Jenks takes it. Brickley will automatically slot in at #17 due to the run-off. Poll #18 will be up shortly.

Old
08-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Jenks has similar upside, and is closer. Therefore, it should be him IMO.
I think Brickley has a higher offensive upside. He scored very good numbers in the USHL last season. Meanwhile, Jenks hasn't ever put up what you would call good numbers in the OHL. This past season was respectable for him, but was nothing to write home about because he was 19 and those kind of numbers should be expected at that age. Also, he was fortunate he was playing on a not-that-deep team. Otherwise he would have been a 3rd or 4th line center and probably score 3rd line numbers again. On most teams in the OHL, you would not see Jenks get the kind of minutes he got and get 1st unit PP time.

I see Brickley as a guy who projects to chip in a little offensively while Jenks projects to be more of a grinder/defensive player.

Old
08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
flafan

Quote:
I think Brickley has a higher offensive upside. He scored very good numbers in the USHL last season. Meanwhile, Jenks hasn't ever put up what you would call good numbers in the OHL. This past season was respectable for him, but was nothing to write home about because he was 19 and those kind of numbers should be expected at that age. Also, he was fortunate he was playing on a not-that-deep team. Otherwise he would have been a 3rd or 4th line center and probably score 3rd line numbers again. On most teams in the OHL, you would not see Jenks get the kind of minutes he got and get 1st unit PP time.

I see Brickley as a guy who projects to chip in a little offensively while Jenks projects to be more of a grinder/defensive player.
Are you kidding? I'm afraid your assessment of Jenks is way off. I live in Plymouth and talk to the pro scouts at all the games. Their assessment is very different than yours....I'm told his upside is very large. Both offensively and defensively.

Old
08-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Are you kidding? I'm afraid your assessment of Jenks is way off. I live in Plymouth and talk to the pro scouts at all the games. Their assessment is very different than yours....I'm told his upside is very large. Both offensively and defensively.
How the hell is his offensive upside large? That's ridiculous. I like how he projects as an overall player, but I'm going to call a spade a spade. The only thing about his offensive game that is even eye opening is how heavy his shot is, but even when he got minutes basically handed to him that he wouldn't have gotten on 95% of the other teams in the OHL, he still couldn't do anything with it.

Old
08-14-2010, 07:21 AM
flafan

Quote:
How the hell is his offensive upside large? That's ridiculous. I like how he projects as an overall player, but I'm going to call a spade a spade. The only thing about his offensive game that is even eye opening is how heavy his shot is, but even when he got minutes basically handed to him that he wouldn't have gotten on 95% of the other teams in the OHL, he still couldn't do anything with it.
LOL are you kidding? he would of been a top line forward on any team in the OHL with maybe the exception of Windsor. Trust me you don't have enough facts to make such assessments. In addition the OHL Coaches only voted him to be the most underrated player in the league and top face off guy because he's sub par?

One would think 1.2 pts per game last year is a great achievement playing in the best development league in the world. Factor that into the 16 games he missed and he would have ended up in the top 13 in the league scoring. Character players earn what they get...

Old
08-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
LOL are you kidding? he would of been a top line forward on any team in the OHL with maybe the exception of Windsor. Trust me you don't have enough facts to make such assessments. In addition the OHL Coaches only voted him to be the most underrated player in the league and top face off guy because he's sub par?

One would think 1.2 pts per game last year is a great achievement playing in the best development league in the world. Factor that into the 16 games he missed and he would have ended up in the top 13 in the league scoring. Character players earn what they get...
Oh please, that's so ludicrous. A top line forward on any team? Yeah, in AAA midget maybe, not in the OHL. I have enough facts to make such assessments, thank you. I have no qualms about the most underrated player vote, that doesn't mean he's a top line forward though. And yes, he's great at faceoffs, I know that. Again though, this has nothing to do with offensive upside.

1.2 PPG, for a 19 year old, isn't special at all, especially when he was handed minutes he wouldn't have gotten almost anywhere else. Next you're going to tell me Plymouth was a deep offensive team. He would not have ended up in the top 13 in scoring. If you're going to play that game, then lots of other players missed significant games too. Holland and Henrique would have bumped him out of the top 13 for sure if they were healthy all season. And then Werek, Puempel, Latta, and Nemisz would have probably finished ahead of him as well if they all played full seasons. And possibly others. Finishing between 15-25 in league scoring for a 19 year old isn't anything significant at all.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:53 PM
flafan

Quote:
Oh please, that's so ludicrous. A top line forward on any team? Yeah, in AAA midget maybe, not in the OHL. I have enough facts to make such assessments, thank you. I have no qualms about the most underrated player vote, that doesn't mean he's a top line forward though. And yes, he's great at faceoffs, I know that. Again though, this has nothing to do with offensive upside.

1.2 PPG, for a 19 year old, isn't special at all, especially when he was handed minutes he wouldn't have gotten almost anywhere else. Next you're going to tell me Plymouth was a deep offensive team. He would not have ended up in the top 13 in scoring. If you're going to play that game, then lots of other players missed significant games too. Holland and Henrique would have bumped him out of the top 13 for sure if they were healthy all season. And then Werek, Puempel, Latta, and Nemisz would have probably finished ahead of him as well if they all played full seasons. And possibly others. Finishing between 15-25 in league scoring for a 19 year old isn't anything significant at all.
We all have a opinions and I can respect that...but this is getting to be too much.

I knew exactly what I was getting into once I first replied to your post. I mean after all you have over 9000 posts and no matter what my response was, you were certainly going to reply even if you had to make it up.
Done here.

Old
08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
We all have a opinions and I can respect that...but this is getting to be too much.

I knew exactly what I was getting into once I first replied to your post. I mean after all you have over 9000 posts and no matter what my response was, you were certainly going to reply even if you had to make it up.
Done here.
Nothing I said was made up...