HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Continue on...

Old
08-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Kings man 4 life

vCash: 500
Yeah Lucic is overrated, don't see us going for him. Although maybe with Simmonds on the team he'll concentrate more on playing than trying to be a g00n.

Old
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Mentally, I think Simmonds is better. Simmonds actually realizes that he has alot of value on the ice. Simmonds could fight every other game if he wanted to, but doesn't. He doesn't back down though and is very good at picking his spots...whether it is to back up a teammate, or try and create a spark.

Looch is a pretty decent player, it just seems he is out looking for a fight more than he is playing. This is definitely something Clifford will need to learn.

Chris Neil was always pretty good at this. He was good at picking his spots and racking up his 35 PIMs in a short time period. When the game was on the line he was as hard-nosed as they come and pretty smart about not taking himself off the ice.

Old
08-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Kingjordan

So are the Kings just waiting till next season to sign Doughty long term or do you see it happening soon?

Old
08-14-2010, 01:11 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Lucic would be awesome and all of you non-enforcer types would be in heaven since you'd have a guy out there who can go with anyone and actually play the game.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:21 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I think Doughty long-term signing will happen before the season starts.

I have no credible sources for why I think so.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I would need some new pants if we added Lucic.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:42 PM
no name

Lucic? How is he overrated? I'd say he is underrated.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:56 PM
wicker

The only way Gaborik gets traded is if he asks for a trade himself. I can't imagine anything else.

We know that it was between the Kings and Rangers last season for his services, and maybe them missing out on the playoffs has made him change his mind? ...I still can't imagine it. (And how much for his services?)

They also wouldn't trade him to make room for Kovalchuk. It would be the same thing all over again.

Old
08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Don't forget Lucic makes 4 million. Pretty big ticket for a guy who MIGHT get you 20 goals.

Old
08-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Don't forget Lucic makes 4 million. Pretty big ticket for a guy who MIGHT get you 20 goals.
I was just about to add this. There is no way DL takes on this kind of contract knowing he would never sign a guy to that with those numbers. DL maybe frugal, but he isn't stupid. The closer we get to camp, the more DL and the Kings will be attractive to those teams needing to get under the cap.

BTW, Clifford is OUR Lucic.

Old
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

latest from geeklund is that he predicts Simmonds is going to Toronto..this guy never gives up. I just don't see this happening..makes no sense for guy who is becoming a UFA.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...happen/1/29753

Old
08-14-2010, 02:47 PM
cybersync

Simmonds for Kaberle? I'm told "no way"

http://twitter.com/hockeybuzzbarry

Old
08-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

better not....

Old
08-14-2010, 03:19 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I was just about to add this. There is no way DL takes on this kind of contract knowing he would never sign a guy to that with those numbers. DL maybe frugal, but he isn't stupid. The closer we get to camp, the more DL and the Kings will be attractive to those teams needing to get under the cap.

BTW, Clifford is OUR Lucic.
You don't sign Lucic for his goal totals. He brings so much toughness to the team by himself that that alone would win us a few hockey games. We have no one on our team that plays like him and can fight the guys he does. I'd pay him $4 million in a heartbeat.

BTW, Lucic would knock Clifford's head clear off his shoulders. Sorry but it's true.

Old
08-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Neither Lucic or Hartnell deserve 4Mil a year. They are both fringe 2nd/3rd line LWers. Lucic does still have room to improve, seeing as how he's only 22. They are both IMO, worth about 3Mil. If they were putting up between 50-60 points... then they'd be worth 4mil. Hartnell has only done it once in his career. There's no way they both deserve 1Mil more than Brown is making right now.

Old
08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Neither Lucic or Hartnell deserve 4Mil a year. They are both fringe 2nd/3rd line LWers. Lucic does still have room to improve, seeing as how he's only 22. They are both IMO, worth about 3Mil. If they were putting up between 50-60 points... then they'd be worth 4mil. Hartnell has only done it once in his career. There's no way they both deserve 1Mil more than Brown is making right now.
Brown signed his contract in 2007. You can't compare today's contracts with ones from 3 years ago. If his contract was due this year, you KNOW he'd be making more than $4 million. I don't think a lot of you guys watch many Bruins games if you don't think Lucic is worth $4 million. He destroys other teams defenseman every shift and has guys running scared all game. We have NOTHING like that on our roster.

Old
08-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Brown signed his contract in 2007. You can't compare today's contracts with ones from 3 years ago. If his contract was due this year, you KNOW he'd be making more than $4 million. I don't think a lot of you guys watch many Bruins games if you don't think Lucic is worth $4 million. He destroys other teams defenseman every shift and has guys running scared all game. We have NOTHING like that on our roster.
The PP is our enforcer....

Old
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The PP is our enforcer....
Not according to the 70% of thepeople on these boards who want to fire Compon

Old
08-14-2010, 04:25 PM
KingShaman

Quote:
Not according to the 70% of thepeople on these boards who want to fire Compon
That is a joke from when AM was coaching

Old
08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Say Boston doesn't want to deal Savard, and as much as Lucic is a fan favorite and they don't want to move him they're going to have to clear some salary somewhere. Do you do a Simmonds for Lucic swap? Lucic steps in on the 2nd line and Simmonds takes Lucic's spot in Boston for a lesser price.

Poni and Lucic are interchangeable and we lose zero toughness. And oyu hope the Clifford takes over Simmonds/ slack.
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lucic-Stoll-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Clifford
Clune/Westgarth

Old
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Say Boston doesn't want to deal Savard, and as much as Lucic is a fan favorite and they don't want to move him they're going to have to clear some salary somewhere. Do you do a Simmonds for Lucic swap? Lucic steps in on the 2nd line and Simmonds takes Lucic's spot in Boston for a lesser price.

Poni and Lucic are interchangeable and we lose zero toughness. And oyu hope the Clifford takes over Simmonds/ slack.
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lucic-Stoll-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Clifford
Clune/Westgarth
I strangley.... love This.

Old
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Lucic-Stoll-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Clifford
Clune/Westgarth
No, don't lose Simmonds, try to add both. Give up another asset, Stoll? I do like Stoll but I'd do this and a pick.

Old
08-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
You don't sign Lucic for his goal totals. He brings so much toughness to the team by himself that that alone would win us a few hockey games. We have no one on our team that plays like him and can fight the guys he does. I'd pay him $4 million in a heartbeat.

BTW, Lucic would knock Clifford's head clear off his shoulders. Sorry but it's true.

You can't win games without scoring goals. Lucic couldn't will Boston over the Flyers in the playoffs last spring and he is not worth 4 million a year no matter how much you try and convince people.

Btw, Clifford is about 2 inches and 25 pounds less than Lucic. Sorry, but those are facts.

Old
08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Eklund's a piece of ****. Please stop quoting that @sshole.

Closed Thread