HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Synergy se16 Grip

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
  #1
Kritty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Easton Synergy se16 Grip

Anyone that's used this stick have any thoughts on it? I used to use the RBK 7k Sickick and loved it and been looking for something similar to it. I've heard great things about this stick.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:36 PM
  #2
SouthpawTRK
Registered User
 
SouthpawTRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
SE16's are such amazing sticks; very well balanced to say the least. Some will chime in that the blade is not too durable and some will beg to differ. It is also very light and has a great low kick point for quick release shots; but does not take away from a nice slap shot.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:37 PM
  #3
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.
 
Harv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Excellent stick.

Alot of NHLers are using SE16s with S19 graphics.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
  #4
Kritty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
SE16's are such amazing sticks; very well balanced to say the least. Some will chime in that the blade is not too durable and some will beg to differ. It is also very light and has a great low kick point for quick release shots; but does not take away from a nice slap shot.
Sounds similar to the Sickick from RBK. Might have to give it a shot

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 12:54 PM
  #5
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,433
vCash: 500
The SE16 was the closest feeling stick in terms of flex to the 7k Sickick I've felt, even compared to the new Reebok 8k/10k sticks.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
  #6
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,433
vCash: 500
If anyone comes across any 75 flex sticks with broken blades, give me a heads up. Would make a nice shaft

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 11:01 PM
  #7
DevsFan84
Registered User
 
DevsFan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Anyone that's used this stick have any thoughts on it? I used to use the RBK 7k Sickick and loved it and been looking for something similar to it. I've heard great things about this stick.
Really an awesome stick. Great feel, just the right weight in my opinion, extremely balanced. However, heard mixed reviews on durablity, especially on the blade as Southpaw mentioned. Most people don't know that this stick actually has weights in the blade to help the balance and puck feel.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:59 AM
  #8
Blues88
Registered User
 
Blues88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,381
vCash: 500
This stick is one of the best balanced, lightest sticks I've used. The puck comes off the blade very well. But as far as quality, in my experience, it's terrible. Lost its "zing" after a few weeks and the blade, perhaps its best feature, is its weakest point.

Proceed with caution.

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
  #9
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,433
vCash: 500
Isn't the "weighted" blade the new EQ50 stick? I know there is a counterbalance up in the shaft, but I thought it was to balance out the blade weight anyway.

Side note, isn't it funny how sticks went from heavier wood blades and shorter shafts with a wooden plug to ultra light one piece sticks with very little weight in the heel of the blade (no more tenon for a 2-piece) and longer shafts that don't need a plug, and now Easton just introduced a new stick that has weights in the heel and in the plug for balance?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 12:59 PM
  #10
RaoulDuke2k
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
I'm using one now - awesome stick with great feel - easy to load up. I can basically throw snap shots from the point that really move, and I'm not a powerful shooter. The stick does the work.

RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 06:14 PM
  #11
DevsFan84
Registered User
 
DevsFan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Isn't the "weighted" blade the new EQ50 stick? I know there is a counterbalance up in the shaft, but I thought it was to balance out the blade weight anyway.

Side note, isn't it funny how sticks went from heavier wood blades and shorter shafts with a wooden plug to ultra light one piece sticks with very little weight in the heel of the blade (no more tenon for a 2-piece) and longer shafts that don't need a plug, and now Easton just introduced a new stick that has weights in the heel and in the plug for balance?
Both the EQ50 and SE16 have weights in the blade.

I honestly don't know how much is public about the eq50 yet so I'll keep my mouth shut on the other specs...I need to keep my job!

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
  #12
IniNew
 
IniNew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Keller
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
The EQ50 has weights in both the blade and the butt end so you can give yourself a "truely customized" feel. Bunch of marketing BS imo, just balance it and sell it. Bauer doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:59 PM
  #13
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,433
vCash: 500
Bauer doesn't have a problem but I believe Easton has way more usage among pros

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:30 PM
  #14
Maupin Fan
Hot Air
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Bauer doesn't have a problem but I believe Easton has way more usage among pros
Probably because pros can afford to use sticks that lose their pop after a week and become noodles like Easton's do.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:45 PM
  #15
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
Probably because pros can afford to use sticks that lose their pop after a week and become noodles like Easton's do.
I havent used an easton stick since the Synergy si core because they became way to expensive compared to their competitors, but I use a few easton blades on bauer shafts, and their wear and tear, as well as performance has been terrific.

I would guess that Easton has a higher hockey budget than any other hockey company and therefore can afford more sponsorships. The bread and butter of Easton is hockey. Other companies like RBK/CCM have more money invested in other sports and less to spend on hockey sponsorships, and other strictly hockey companies like Warrior and Bauer, have a lesser overall budget than Easton. As a result, Easton has more player sponsorships than any other company. I am sure that a significant portion of Eastons are painted sticks of other brands too, those are all over the NHL.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
  #16
O23L
Worst tank ever.
 
O23L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Anyone that's used this stick have any thoughts on it? I used to use the RBK 7k Sickick and loved it and been looking for something similar to it. I've heard great things about this stick.
I use to use the 7k also. Bought the SE16, and the piece of crap blade snapped in half second day.

I use a Bauer x60 now.

O23L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 05:05 PM
  #17
thedonger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
I havent used an easton stick since the Synergy si core because they became way to expensive compared to their competitors, but I use a few easton blades on bauer shafts, and their wear and tear, as well as performance has been terrific.

I would guess that Easton has a higher hockey budget than any other hockey company and therefore can afford more sponsorships. The bread and butter of Easton is hockey. Other companies like RBK/CCM have more money invested in other sports and less to spend on hockey sponsorships, and other strictly hockey companies like Warrior and Bauer, have a lesser overall budget than Easton. As a result, Easton has more player sponsorships than any other company. I am sure that a significant portion of Eastons are painted sticks of other brands too, those are all over the NHL.
i'm pretty sure it's been noted that easton's hockey dept. has been struggling as of late...especially with bauer taking a strong yearly chunk out of easton's stronghold on pro stick usage. it also doesn't help that their new top tier skate
(eq5) to be released this past year had to be cancelled(at least for worldwide distribution) due to manufacturing issues.
bauer, i believe it's been noted by many sources, has the highest budget in hockey.

you realize that hockey is not easton's top priority as a company right?
well before they got into hockey, they were THE name in aluminum baseball bats and baseball equipment...until louisville slugger came along.
also, they were manufacturing arrows before they ever got into hockey. they also make hiking and skiing equipment...also not to mention the fact that technically it's easton/bell sports, so they also make helmets and cycling equipment as well as a few other things i'm probably missing.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 06:21 PM
  #18
IniNew
 
IniNew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Keller
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Bauer doesn't have a problem but I believe Easton has way more usage among pros
And all of the Eastons that are being used in the pros don't use a weight system to balance them. They already are. Point still stands.

Leave the gimmicks to Magicians, just make a good product.

IniNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 07:10 PM
  #19
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
i'm pretty sure it's been noted that easton's hockey dept. has been struggling as of late...especially with bauer taking a strong yearly chunk out of easton's stronghold on pro stick usage. it also doesn't help that their new top tier skate
(eq5) to be released this past year had to be cancelled(at least for worldwide distribution) due to manufacturing issues.
bauer, i believe it's been noted by many sources, has the highest budget in hockey.

you realize that hockey is not easton's top priority as a company right?
well before they got into hockey, they were THE name in aluminum baseball bats and baseball equipment...until louisville slugger came along.
also, they were manufacturing arrows before they ever got into hockey. they also make hiking and skiing equipment...also not to mention the fact that technically it's easton/bell sports, so they also make helmets and cycling equipment as well as a few other things i'm probably missing.
I do realize the other things they make, but if I am not mistaken, their hockey dept gets the most exposure. Aluminum and composite baseball bats are not allowed in any pro league, and they dont make any other equipment with as much of an ad campaign to it as their hockey stuff. I think, anyway.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 08:02 PM
  #20
thedonger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
their hockey dept gets the most exposure on a pro level, but not much else. exposure in no way relates to retail sales.

you also gotta remember, hockey is a very niche sport. baseball is different than hockey in that kids don't really care what the pro's play because they know that most of the equipment they use, they can't play anyways, or it's a disadvantage to use. pro's are the only ones who use wood bats. everyone else college and down use aluminum, therefore it doesn't matter what the pro's play.
baseball is a very different animal than hockey when it comes to equipment.
and think of how many people in the US as well as asia and south america play baseball at the youth and amateur level...that's a lot of aluminum bats.

thedonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2010, 10:05 PM
  #21
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 24,433
vCash: 500
A couple things...

First, most players using Eastons are using ST's, not a fancy modern stick with weights or taper ellipses. So they're making a good product, it's just we consumers are dumb enough to keep requesting lighter sticks with lots of gimmicks and then complaining about the increasing price and breakage

Second, most players aren't getting paid to use whatever equipment they use, and the teams pay for all the equipment, so at the NHL level the guys are free to use whatever.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.